Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Rapier 4.00 RC1 for XBMC Eden - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Rapier (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=120)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Rapier 4.00 RC1 for XBMC Eden (/showthread.php?tid=100882)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37

- sialivi - 2011-05-21

activate Wrote:I was looking for this, where did you set this up. Do you know if can be done with an aTV2 remote.

It's the default setup for keyboards. Can't help you with the remote, don't have one.

- activate - 2011-05-21

Okidoki thanks dude, I will see if there is a way to edit the xml.

- Mr.Clean - 2011-05-21

scarfa Wrote:I'll make them available at some point when the skin gets an official release.

Oh Great!

Btw just a funny thing, my old laptop a Acer Aspire 5530 cant handle skins like Mq2 and Nox. The computer gets to warm and shuts down all the time...But with Rapier 4 it can play my music library with no problems and stays on for hours! Big Grin

Also I have one request: Music stats in home screen if that is possible.

Thanks man!

- Thatgrumguy - 2011-05-21

love the new speeds - works quite well on iOS.

my only request (so far) is to make the 'watched' items more noticeable. The ticks on the previous version were much better.

- epoke - 2011-05-21

scarfa Wrote:I only see one subtitle addon in the official repo and it seems to be the best one. What other ones are there?

Not in the official repo.
Some unofficial, localized repo have their own subtitle addons.

- scarfa - 2011-05-22

activate Wrote:Okidoki thanks dude, I will see if there is a way to edit the xml.

Look in your keymaps folder for the apple remote xml file and go to <FullscreenVideo> section then replace one of the buttons with "AspectRatio" without quotes.

- JustinBeaird - 2011-05-22

how do I make the default background a darker blue. it is too bright for me

- activate - 2011-05-22

scarfa Wrote:Look in your keymaps folder for the apple remote xml file and go to <FullscreenVideo> section then replace one of the buttons with "AspectRatio" without quotes.

Thankyou sir. Saved me a couple of hours of mucking around. Added the subtitle option as well.

While I am at it, I have a question (another) for you Smile

The additional categories on the home menu are enabled through the skin settings. Is it an easy (as a novice) for me to add submenus to them, exactly like the existing categories do.

- scarfa - 2011-05-22

JustinBeaird Wrote:how do I make the default background a darker blue. it is too bright for me

Next beta will allow you to change the default background.

- scarfa - 2011-05-22

activate Wrote:Thankyou sir. Saved me a couple of hours of mucking around. Added the subtitle option as well.

While I am at it, I have a question (another) for you Smile

The additional categories on the home menu are enabled through the skin settings. Is it an easy (as a novice) for me to add submenus to them, exactly like the existing categories do.

You want to add submenus to the custom categories you created? The skin doesn't support that and its pretty low on my priority list but its pretty easy to hard code them if you know a little bit of skinning. Smile

- activate - 2011-05-23

scarfa Wrote:You want to add submenus to the custom categories you created? The skin doesn't support that and its pretty low on my priority list but its pretty easy to hard code them if you know a little bit of skinning. Smile

Thats my queue. I'll look at the tutorials and give it a shot, might need a tip or two on the way. Shocked

- scarfa - 2011-05-23

activate Wrote:Thats my queue. I'll look at the tutorials and give it a shot, might need a tip or two on the way. Shocked

Look in Home.xml and includes_Home.xml. The only file you should be editing is includes_Home.xml. I try to make it self-documenting as much as possible.

- activate - 2011-05-26

scarfa Wrote:Look in Home.xml and includes_Home.xml. The only file you should be editing is includes_Home.xml. I try to make it self-documenting as much as possible.

Crashed and burnt the first time Rolleyes

changed
Code:
<visible>Skin.HasSetting(EnableCustomCategory1)</visible
to
Code:
<visible>!Skin.HasSetting(HideCustomCategory1)</visible>

and then added
Code:
description>Custom Menu Bar</description>
                <posx>10</posx>
                <width>1260</width>
                <height>34</height>
                <onup>-</onup>
                <ondown>850</ondown>
                <orientation>horizontal</orientation>
                <visible>Container(850).HasFocus(2)</visible>
                <include>HomeSubMenuItemFadeAnim</include>
                <include>HomeSubMenuItemsCenterAlignAnim</include>
                <include>HomeSubMenuItemLayout</include>
                <content>
                    <item id="1">
                        <description>Files</description>
                        <label>$LOCALIZE[1214]</label>
                        <onclick>ActivateWindow(VideoFiles)</onclick>
                        <visible>!Skin.HasSetting(EditVideosSubMenuBtn1)</visible>
                    </item>
                    <item id="1">
                        <description>Custom Button</description>
                        <label fallback="31208">$INFO[Skin.String(VideosSubMenuBtn1Label)]</label>
                        <onclick>$INFO[Skin.String(VideosSubMenuBtn1Param)]</onclick>
                        <visible>Skin.HasSetting(EditVideosSubMenuBtn1)</visible>
                    </item>
                    <item id="2">
                        <description>Library</description>
                        <label>$LOCALIZE[14022]</label>
                        <onclick>ActivateWindow(VideoLibrary)</onclick>
                        <visible>!Skin.HasSetting(EditVideosSubMenuBtn2)</visible>
                    </item>
                    <item id="2">
                        <label fallback="31209">$INFO[Skin.String(VideosSubMenuBtn2Label)]</label>
                        <onclick>$INFO[Skin.String(VideosSubMenuBtn2Param)]</onclick>
                        <visible>Skin.HasSetting(EditVideosSubMenuBtn2)</visible>
                    </item>
                    <item id="3">
                        <description>Movies</description>
                        <label>$LOCALIZE[20342]</label>
                        <onclick>ActivateWindow(VideoLibrary,MovieTitles,Return)</onclick>
                        <visible>!Skin.HasSetting(EditVideosSubMenuBtn3)</visible>
                    </item>
                    <item id="3">
                        <label fallback="31210">$INFO[Skin.String(VideosSubMenuBtn3Label)]</label>
                        <onclick>$INFO[Skin.String(VideosSubMenuBtn3Param)]</onclick>
                        <visible>Skin.HasSetting(EditVideosSubMenuBtn3)</visible>
                    </item>
                    <item id="4">
                        <description>TV Shows</description>
                        <label>$LOCALIZE[20343]</label>
                        <onclick>ActivateWindow(VideoLibrary,TVShowTitles,Return)</onclick>
                        <visible>!Skin.HasSetting(EditVideosSubMenuBtn4)</visible>
                    </item>
                    <item id="4">
                        <label fallback="31211">$INFO[Skin.String(VideosSubMenuBtn4Label)]</label>
                        <onclick>$INFO[Skin.String(VideosSubMenuBtn4Param)]</onclick>
                        <visible>Skin.HasSetting(EditVideosSubMenuBtn4)</visible>
                    </item>
                    <item id="5">
                        <description>Playlists</description>
                        <label>$LOCALIZE[136]</label>
                        <onclick>ActivateWindow(VideoLibrary,Playlists,Return)</onclick>
                        <visible>!Skin.HasSetting(EditVideosSubMenuBtn5)</visible>
                    </item>
                    <item id="5">
                        <label fallback="31212">$INFO[Skin.String(VideosSubMenuBtn5Label)]</label>
                        <onclick>$INFO[Skin.String(VideosSubMenuBtn5Param)]</onclick>
                        <visible>Skin.HasSetting(EditVideosSubMenuBtn5)</visible>
                    </item>
                    <item id="6">
                        <description>Video Add-ons</description>
                        <label>$LOCALIZE[24001]</label>
                        <onclick>ActivateWindow(VideoLibrary,Addons,Return)</onclick>
                        <visible>!Skin.HasSetting(EditVideosSubMenuBtn6)</visible>
                    </item>
                    <item id="6">
                        <label fallback="31213">$INFO[Skin.String(VideosSubMenuBtn6Label)]</label>
                        <onclick>$INFO[Skin.String(VideosSubMenuBtn6Param)]</onclick>
                        <visible>Skin.HasSetting(EditVideosSubMenuBtn6)</visible>
                    </item>
                    <item id="7">
                        <label fallback="31214">$INFO[Skin.String(VideosSubMenuBtn7Label)]</label>
                        <onclick>$INFO[Skin.String(VideosSubMenuBtn7Param)]</onclick>
                        <visible>Skin.HasSetting(EditVideosSubMenuBtn7)</visible>
                    </item>
                </content>                        
            </control>

...all in the includes_home.xml. I think I am missing something or a lotShocked

Didn't change the items. This was just to see if it would trigger the submenu on the home menu and change the skin settings...neither.

- loggio - 2011-05-27

scarfa,

a suggestion.... Would it be possible to have a volume bar, instead of DB level?? would just look nicer i think.

Cheers,
Loggio.

- scarfa - 2011-05-27

loggio Wrote:scarfa,

a suggestion.... Would it be possible to have a volume bar, instead of db level?? Would just look nicer i think.

Cheers,
loggio.

ok Smile