XBMC Community Forum
QUARTZ - support thread - Printable Version

+- XBMC Community Forum (http://forum.xbmc.org)
+-- Forum: Help and Support (/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skin Help and Support (/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Quartz (/forumdisplay.php?fid=141)
+---- Thread: QUARTZ - support thread (/showthread.php?tid=101319)

- alexdzn - 2011-06-09 16:32

pecinko Wrote:Just trying how it would look like :-)

It would probably look better as a fullscreen. And we would witness the birth of just another Aeon like skin :-)

[Image: screenshot20110609at132.th.png] [Image: screenshot20110609at132.th.png]

Perfect!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

- tomwrob - 2011-06-09 21:33

That is very cool! If you could keep it simple, and slick & fast, then this could be a good addition... don't go too far Aeon!

- pecinko - 2011-06-16 13:00

Sorry guys I had to slow down a bit, but I'm working on it.

Any suggestions on views or usability features?

- alexdzn - 2011-06-16 13:23

pecinko Wrote:Sorry guys I had to slow down a bit, but I'm working on it.

It would be very cool to add resently added films and music on the bottom of main menu as option.

- Baswazz - 2011-06-16 17:03

pecinko Wrote:Sorry guys I had to slow down a bit, but I'm working on it.

Maybey make it a little more polished and shiny like appletv2 skin.
I don't mean to make it the same offcourse. But with the black background. It need to be more polished i think. Big Grin Else it is a little to black.

About features i think it preforms good and all is in what i am using. So polish all up with what you got now.

- pecinko - 2011-06-16 17:45

alexdzn Wrote:It would be very cool to add resently added films and music on the bottom of main menu as option.

That would let us use upper part for.. ..?

- alexdzn - 2011-06-16 23:28

pecinko Wrote:That would let us use upper part for.. ..?
Recently added widget in pre eden works fine, upper home menu for recently added as option, the main as always addons and data from favorites.

- anandus - 2011-06-17 18:07

Just noticed this skin.
It's very nice, very clean and (important for me) very readable on a smaller screen.

Well done pecinko! Smile

- tomwrob - 2011-06-21 12:26

I think the upper part could be used for a random selection of films - I really liked this feature in Aeon (I know we aren't trying to replicate it), but it throws up a good random selection that often helps choose a film.

Or just leave it blank (with logo) - this keeps it clean

I think it does feel polished atm, but obviously the more slick & smooth it is the better, speed is everything

- ubuntuf4n - 2011-06-21 21:51

I like the random items idea.
But only if the speed would be still great (as it is).

Cheers

- pecinko - 2011-06-22 13:14

It does not affect skin performance in general, but you will:

- notice a slight hiccup every time home page is loaded
- have to live with casual breakage of RandomItems script

But I guess we can live with this.

- Zenshi - 2011-06-22 13:16

First of all, thank you pecinko for the awesome skin!!!

Is there any way to add a up and down button to the scrollbar similar to the back button you already have on the skin, that emulates the up down buttons of the remote?
I'm using your skin on my ipad, and having 400+ movies it's hard use the scrollbar, it's a tiny bit small Smile
If you need help in developing the skin further to improve the use in ipads, just le me know, i'm your man!

Cheers,

Zenshi.

- pecinko - 2011-06-22 13:59

@Zenshi

It's doable although I have no idea ATM how to incorporate it nicely.

OTOH, and Shoesy would probably know better, wasn't swipe support added in recent ios builds, allowing for easier scrolling ?

And thanks for the help you offered!

- Zenshi - 2011-06-22 14:11

Hey pecinko,

I wouldn't know, i'm not using nightly builds of XBMC for iOS, i'll try to see if i install it tonight and will get back to you on it.

Cheers,

Zenshi

- dynaflash - 2011-06-22 21:31

Hi pecinko,

Looks like this is the skin to use for atv 1 if wanting to emulate as close as possible the atv stock interface. Love it! question have you had it working decent with dirty region in git head for xbmc ? I am running git head on my atv 1 linux and it seems okay but was curious if you've noticed any issues.

thanks.