Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] xbmclyrics script - automatically grabs lyrics online - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Lyrics Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=146)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] xbmclyrics script - automatically grabs lyrics online (/showthread.php?tid=10187)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24

- LRa - 2007-08-15

Nuka1195 Wrote:LRa, I just committed it, since it's newer, but your missing some very recent new strings.

Also would you make sure I didn't break saving song lyrics for you. I just updated that portion of the script.

Thanks

BTW, I've just checked and the lyrics saving is broken.

Thanks

- Nuka1195 - 2007-08-16

Is the file being created? Is it empty. would you post the artist/song that fails.

- LRa - 2007-08-19

Nuka1195 Wrote:Is the file being created? Is it empty. would you post the artist/song that fails.

NP. But I'll be back from vacation in 2 weeks, so it will have to wait.

- LRa - 2007-09-04

Sorry for the delay.
I tried this song - Alain Souchon - Foule Sentimentale.
First it displays the lyrics, but the next time I play the file it doesn't.

Also, apparently, it doesn't create a lyrics file.

Request: streaming-audio-compatibility update - perplexer - 2008-01-01

Req: additional force update when song changes (make XBMCLyrics Shoutcast-friendly)

Lyrics update works great when playing "normal" tracks, but for Shoutcast streams, the "track" number never increments and "play time" never resets to 0:00. So XBMCLyrics does display the new Artist/Song, but the lyrics do not update automatically.

Can XBMCLyrics check to see if just Artist/Song changes, then request new lyrics?

- Nuka1195 - 2008-01-01

the original script worked like that, it is unlikely i'll add that back as it was not very stable.

Maybe you can find an old sript somewhere. Does xbmcscripts archive those?

- perplexer - 2008-01-01

I really would hate to lose all the improvements of 1.5.5. If this change would make the script unstable, how about adding a manual "refresh" button?

- EvilDude - 2008-03-03

I was playing around with the script (wanted to make it more obvious that it is reading from the file, eg show "Embedded" rather than the scraper title.

I downloaded the latest from SVN, and I get this error, in _PC and also on the xbox (also latest svn that I built myself).

23:17:44 M:1462169600 ERROR: Control 101 in window 13000 has been asked to focus, but it can't
23:17:46 M:1461706752 ERROR: Control 101 in window 13000 has been asked to focus, but it can't
23:17:46 M:1461690368 ERROR: Control 101 in window 13000 has been asked to focus, but it can't
23:17:46 M:1461690368 ERROR: Control 101 in window 13000 has been asked to focus, but it can't

I have no idea what is causing this but the script doesn't load properly most of the time in XBMC_PC.

Any ideas?

I was also looking at why the Menu / Prev button didn't work, and found that ACTION_EXIT_SCRIPT was being reset to nothing for some odd reason.. could be related to the earlier error though.

Also, I have a small patch here:
http://pastebin.ca/925930

Just to set the scraper title if its being used, otherwise show Embedded.

- Nuka1195 - 2008-03-03

In the top of the skin files i have a defaultcontrol tag, i think this is safe to remove, so that error won't show up, it may cause issues, i'm not sure. the problem is if you have smoothscrolling enabled, that control is not used.

about the "embedded" your patch would not work as is, it should have errored for you if it needed to use the scraper.

I thought about having "file", "embedded", "scrapername" and think it is a nice idea, so i can add that, look for it in the next couple days. it currently disables the scraper name, so it looks dim if a local file was read, but more info might be nice.

- EvilDude - 2008-03-04

Ah, I hadn't tried to use the scraper, but that sounds like a good update.

The error does go away when I delete the defaultcontrol tag, however the latest svn version of the script doesn't seem to be working 100% in XBMC_PC. My XBMC_PC is from the latest t3ch, so perhaps things have changed that are stopping it from working.

- Nuka1195 - 2008-03-09

Quote:[SIZE=1]
[XBMC Lyrics]
- changed: Version to 1.5.6
- changed: Eliminate sys.path.append() effects linux differently, this should fix any conflicts on linux
- changed: display "file", "embedded" or lyrics scraper title info per song
- added: english string id's(101,102)
- changed: save files differently, hopefully helps with windows
- fixed: default control was not necessarily available in default skins

[/SIZE]

- EvilDude - 2008-03-10

Sounds awesome Smile Thanks for the update.

- EvilDude - 2008-03-11

I was testing the script on some of my songs (which all have embedded lyrics), and I found that:

* start the script, shows lyrics and 'Embedded' properly and straight away
* skip to the next song (or wait till song changes), it clears the screen, nothing for a few seconds, and loads the lyrics, but from lyricswiki.org

If I close the script and start it however, it loads the lyrics from embedded fine. I took a look in the python code but couldn't find anything that would cause this. I am not sure when the event is fired, but I think the whole tag may not be loaded at the point when it is called.

I found that adding a xbmc.sleep( 2 ) in the else case for mPlayerChanged improved the chances of it loading it from embedded Tongue Would you know of any reliable way to know if the full tag was loaded?

Thanks

- Nuka1195 - 2008-03-11

search for xbmc.sleep(20) and play with that, remember they're milliseconds, try 30. 20 worked here consitently, but i only have two and they were local. so if you are over the network, that number may need to be larger. 1000 equals one second, so even up to 100 might not slow performance down any.

let me know.

- Nuka1195 - 2008-03-12

Quote:[SIZE=1]
[XBMC Lyrics]
- changed: increased sleep to 60 msec to hopefully give enough time for MusicPlayer.Lyrics to work consistently over network
- changed: reverted lyrics saving to original format. makes editing files easier

If you used the last revision lyrics script, you may need to delete those saved lyrics files. They got overwritten with a different format.
[/SIZE]