Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] xbmclyrics script - automatically grabs lyrics online - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Lyrics Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=146)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] xbmclyrics script - automatically grabs lyrics online (/showthread.php?tid=10187)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24

- fr0zt - 2009-10-25

Quote:14:28:47 M: 21008384 NOTICE: -->Python Initialized<--
14:28:47 M: 21008384 NOTICE:
14:28:48 M: 20312064 ERROR: DIRECTORY::CDirectory::GetDirectory - Error getting ?
14:28:48 M: 20312064 ERROR: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory(?) failed
14:28:49 M: 19955712 ERROR: xbp__wfopen = untested
14:28:50 M: 20099072 ERROR: xbp__wfopen = untested
14:28:56 M: 24317952 ERROR: CLocalizeStrings::ClearBlock: Trying to clear non existent block Q:\scripts\XBMC Lyrics

I tried putting text into one of the empty lyric files, and after that the text was displayed properly when the song played. (The text I inserted, not the correct lyrics). It's happening with all songs, a whole wad of songs it should have no problem finding - the Beatles, the Doors, etc. Thanks for the help.

Edit: I've googled around and it seems like there've been a few cases of people with this problem. I haven't seen a fix posted though

- amet - 2009-10-25

fr0zt Wrote:I tried putting text into one of the empty lyric files, and after that the text was displayed properly when the song played. (The text I inserted, not the correct lyrics). It's happening with all songs, a whole wad of songs it should have no problem finding - the Beatles, the Doors, etc. Thanks for the help.

Edit: I've googled around and it seems like there've been a few cases of people with this problem. I haven't seen a fix posted though

I have no idea if this script ever worked on XBOX, I just fixed the scraper.

can anyone on XBOX comment?

- fr0zt - 2009-10-25

Amet Wrote:I have no idea if this script ever worked on XBOX, I just fixed the scraper.

can anyone on XBOX comment?

It worked on the Xbox a couple years back. Xbmclyrics was released for the Xbox back when the Xbox was the online platform that supported xbmc. Is there anywhere I can download an old version?

- ronie - 2009-10-25

fr0zt Wrote:It worked on the Xbox a couple years back. Xbmclyrics was released for the Xbox back when the Xbox was the online platform that supported xbmc. Is there anywhere I can download an old version?

what version of xbmc are you using?
maybe your build is too old?

- amet - 2009-10-25

fr0zt Wrote:It worked on the Xbox a couple years back. Xbmclyrics was released for the Xbox back when the Xbox was the online platform that supported xbmc. Is there anywhere I can download an old version?

I dont think the old version would work as the scrapers have changed,the script from few months back is not working.

Have you tried disabling the save function under settings or selecting Save lyrics file XBOX compatible?

- amet - 2009-10-25

ronie Wrote:what version of xbmc are you using?

good point ronie Smile

@fr0zt

please post the whole debug log, read my signature on How-To

- fr0zt - 2009-10-25

Amet Wrote:good point ronie Smile

@fr0zt

please post the whole debug log, read my signature on How-To

http://pastebin.com/m2396e558

Quote:what version of xbmc are you using?
I'm using the most recent stable release: XBMC-9.04.1-FIXED-BABYLON-T3CH

Quote:Have you tried disabling the save function under settings or selecting Save lyrics file XBOX compatible?
It looked like the following before. I changed compatible to true and save_lyrics to false, but I still get the problem

{'filename_format': 0, 'shuffle': True, 'lyrics_path': 'q:\\UserData\\script_data\\XBMC Lyrics\\lyrics', 'music_path': '', 'show_viz': True, 'use_filename': False, 'compatible': False, 'scraper': 'lyricwiki', 'smooth_scrolling': False, 'version': '1.6.0', 'save_lyrics': True, 'use_extension': True}

- amet - 2009-10-26

fr0zt Wrote:http://pastebin.com/m2396e558

I'm using the most recent stable release: XBMC-9.04.1-FIXED-BABYLON-T3CH

It looked like the following before. I changed compatible to true and save_lyrics to false, but I still get the problem

{'filename_format': 0, 'shuffle': True, 'lyrics_path': 'q:\\UserData\\script_data\\XBMC Lyrics\\lyrics', 'music_path': '', 'show_viz': True, 'use_filename': False, 'compatible': False, 'scraper': 'lyricwiki', 'smooth_scrolling': False, 'version': '1.6.0', 'save_lyrics': True, 'use_extension': True}

the XBMC version is too old, any chance you can update?

For Amet - detroitdr - 2009-10-26

Amet Wrote:NP Smile It would need to be a different script, I am just helping with this ATM , I wouldnt want to start adding features. besides it heavily relies on info tags for a name of the song and the artist, I will look into this...

---My tags are 100% accurate using Tag & Rename.

Amet Wrote:when you play a song just push the button and it will download, I dont understand what you mean by "in and out and in and out".

---(Using PM3.HD and windows XP) Ok so I go into an album, play the first song, turn visualization on, click on menu, go to top choice and lyrics are pulled and saved. then I need to press esc, go into menu again or hit next song button then go into menu, go to top for lyrics wait.. then it saves that song.... 200 albums x 12 songs doing this is VERY very long. I'd like to parse it all at once.

Amet Wrote:The only thing you are going to archive with batch download is that you dont need the internet connection later to display the lyrics.

---Correct.. being that websites providing lyrics change like this time.. and possiblly in the future not working again.. would be great to get it all once now

- fr0zt - 2009-10-26

Amet Wrote:the XBMC version is too old, any chance you can update?

It's the newest stable release... Although I did try the SVN realease from XBMC 09-27-09 and I'm getting the same problem. Why are you saying that version is too old? Xbmclyrics was included with it.

- paco - 2009-10-26

Thank you Amet for this update. I really missed having lyrics on demand. Just an FYI, but I initially had trouble making it work. I eventually ran the script manually (used file manager and clicked on default.py) and chose 'Reset To Defaults'. After doing that, all the Lyrics started downloading perfectly! Many thanks for sharing your work!

For anyone having issues, I'm using SVN 24020 DirectX on Windows 7 32-bit.

- amet - 2009-10-26

detroitdr Wrote:---My tags are 100% accurate using Tag & Rename.

---(Using PM3.HD and windows XP) Ok so I go into an album, play the first song, turn visualization on, click on menu, go to top choice and lyrics are pulled and saved. then I need to press esc, go into menu again or hit next song button then go into menu, go to top for lyrics wait.. then it saves that song.... 200 albums x 12 songs doing this is VERY very long. I'd like to parse it all at once.

---Correct.. being that websites providing lyrics change like this time.. and possiblly in the future not working again.. would be great to get it all once now

I am going to add the XBMC Lyrics script to SVN repo, that way no need for manual instalation.

after that I will look into a batch download, but I am not promising anything. Wink

Zeljko

- amet - 2009-10-26

fr0zt Wrote:It's the newest stable release... Although I did try the SVN realease from XBMC 09-27-09 and I'm getting the same problem. Why are you saying that version is too old? Xbmclyrics was included with it.

I will see if I can make it "stable release" friendly before I add it to SVN Repo Installer.

Maybe try what Paco said in his post.

Zeljko

- amet - 2009-10-26

paco Wrote:Thank you Amet for this update. I really missed having lyrics on demand. Just an FYI, but I initially had trouble making it work. I eventually ran the script manually (used file manager and clicked on default.py) and chose 'Reset To Defaults'. After doing that, all the Lyrics started downloading perfectly! Many thanks for sharing your work!

For anyone having issues, I'm using SVN 24020 DirectX on Windows 7 32-bit.

Thanks for the info Smile

Couldn't you just run it from Scripts menu?

Zeljko

Update from SVN Repo - amet - 2009-10-26

Use SVN repo installer to install or update to latest version 1.7.5