Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Free Cable - US station aggregator - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Video Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=154)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Free Cable - US station aggregator (/showthread.php?tid=101938)

- Iceman72 - 2011-07-07

BlueCop Wrote:mrdally204: I have been working on it. I have completed almost all the listed stations plus a few more. I had a few problems with vh1 shows. They only use the level3 CDNs and they don't want to stream. all other viacom companies seem to work fine though (spike, mtv shows, comedy central, the nickelodeon sites) but they use a different CDN. I think I have fixed most of the lingering bugs in the various stations. aggregating the mtv shows required a little bit of work because they separate them by season. tvdb support is there. It might need more testings adding/removing individual shows. Like when a new show is added to a site. I wanted to do a 1.0.0 release but I am probably going to do an intermediate release without all the station art because it doesn't really look good yet and making art is hell for me. The aggregate show listing looks great though because it has all the station information and art from tvdb.

Iceman72: BET shouldn't be a problem. It is another viacom company that uses their video uri system.

Thanks that would be much appreciated.

- mrdally204 - 2011-07-07

I am super excited to try the new one out! Loads of added stations.

Question: I believe the last compatible version for xbox was 0.3, before you incorporated sql which xbox does not support. Will it be possible for us to use the 1.3 version and add the extra channels to it without breaking anything? Are the channel .py dependent on the code of the later versions, or can a simple copy/paste of the .py work with the old framework?

- youngml - 2011-07-07

BlueCop Wrote:I have been trying to compile a new librtmp for atv2. I installed it but it just crashed my atv2 on attempting rtmp playback. Looking forward to tomorrow. hopefully will solve the atv2 issues. I dont have a computer where I am today.

BlueCop,

Did you ever get this working on your ATV2? Thanks for all of your great work.

- Iceman72 - 2011-07-08

When you add BET will it just show up or do I need to do something to put it there?

- mrdally204 - 2011-07-08

Iceman72,
As long as you installed Free Cable through Bluecop's repository, the add on will auto update when a new version is available. Nothing to do. If you installed it another way, DON'T! Wink Install the repo and go about your day.

- BlueCop - 2011-07-08

youngml: try this librtmp. Replace the existing file in "/Applications/XBMC.frappliance/Frameworks" on your atv2. that should fix the handshake issue. It should also work on ios but I am not sure the exact place to put it.

Let me know how it works out for you.

Iceman72: when I commit new code it should update automatically.

Edit: I also wanted to add that on atv2 that higher resolution vp6/mp3 streams do not work well. For example conan episodes on tbs are vp6/mp3 at 864x480 which seems to be slightly more then atv2 can handle. it will drop alot of frames when there is alot of movement. all the h264/aac work great though because they are hardware accelerated.

- mrdally204 - 2011-07-08

Just tested the librtmp on my apple tv2, works beautifully! I can finally fall asleep in my own bed again while watching some tv (:

- jaredades - 2011-07-08

I'm sorry, I've been searching for a hot minute and can't figure out how to replace the librtmp file on my atv2. Is it an SSH command line or...I honestly have no idea where to start. Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

- BlueCop - 2011-07-08

jaredades: you need an sftp client. like winscp on windows or cyberduck on osx. alpine is the default password for root. so just use root/alpine and login to the atv2 and replace the existing file.

- jaredades - 2011-07-08

BlueCop Wrote:jaredades: you need an sftp client. like winscp on windows or cyberduck on osx. alpine is the default password for root. so just use root/alpine and login to the atv2 and replace the existing file.

Done and done! Working like a well oiled machine!

@BlueCop How can I donate to all your great work? GONZO!

- davilla - 2011-07-08

@BlueCop, when do you plan on tagging the next release of librtmp ?

- BlueCop - 2011-07-08

I am not sure what you mean. I assumed highlandsun would eventually make a new stable version at some point in time and then would be updated in xbmc after that.

I just modified the patch file in the darwin tools for librtmp to patch handshake.h in rtmpdump 2.3 with the old flash version so rtmp servers dont request the newer unsupported handshake. that change is already in the current git for rtmpdump which i took it from.

- rflores2323 - 2011-07-08

is the front page updated with all new stations that are working? Also which stations are or are not working on atv2 with the new librtmp file?

- mynumbistongue - 2011-07-08

does anyone know if their is an updated librtmp file for atv1.

- Iceman72 - 2011-07-08

mrdally204 Wrote:Iceman72,
As long as you installed Free Cable through Bluecop's repository, the add on will auto update when a new version is available. Nothing to do. If you installed it another way, DON'T! Wink Install the repo and go about your day.

Cool, I did install the repo. Thanks for replying.