Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Free Cable - US station aggregator - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Video Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=154)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Free Cable - US station aggregator (/showthread.php?tid=101938)

RE: [RELEASE] Free Cable - US station aggregator - gate1975mlm - 2013-05-22

(2013-05-22, 20:24)binarybomber Wrote: I'm going to make a case for this again, since FreeCable uses so many different sources...

If someone could/would make a plugin for XFinity, that would solve a great deal of these issues with FreeCable. Most of the videos found on FreeCable's sources are all listed on XFinity, and it's all in one easy to find place. No having to go between multiple different sites and figure out how things are listed to make them work with XBMC. If I knew how to write an addon, I would definatley make one for XFinity.

Any thoughts?

+1

Would just love this!

RE: [RELEASE] Free Cable - US station aggregator - slices - 2013-05-22

While a XFinity addon would be useful for some people, it would only work for those with a comcast account and you are limited to the channels you are subscribed to. Therefore it would have a different userbase than freecable and wouldn't negate the need to keep it working.

Also having a very quick look at this, it seems that a lot of the content on xfinity is sourced from hulu where available, and where it's not drm is used.

The hulu addon is already there for shows on hulu, and anything with drm is near on impossible to play with xbmc.

RE: [RELEASE] Free Cable - US station aggregator - flip22 - 2013-05-23

Ok, I've searched and searched, but I cannot find .py files on my openelec build. Can someone help me out?

Where do I browse to swap out these files?

RE: [RELEASE] Free Cable - US station aggregator - dewman - 2013-05-23

Hi

I am trying to get this installed on my ATV2 but in addons it says the plugin Free Cable is broken. is there another way to download and install it?

Found it under another repo.

Thanks
Dewman

I got it installed fine but I noticed there are a few channels in the /private/var/mobile/Library/Preferences/XBMC/addons/plugin.video.free.cable/resources/lib directory that don't show up in the list on the ATV2. Are these Broke?? I swapped out the thecw.py file with the one listed on http://home.no/xbmc/load/ but it is still not showing up. Disney is also one that doesn't show up on the ATV2.

Thanks
Dewman

RE: [RELEASE] Free Cable - US station aggregator - guitarguy987 - 2013-05-23

(2013-05-23, 00:15)flip22 Wrote: Ok, I've searched and searched, but I cannot find .py files on my openelec build. Can someone help me out?

Where do I browse to swap out these files?

Check under:

.xbmc/addons/plugin.video.free.cable/resources/lib

In your home (/storage) folder. The reason you probably can't find it is because a . before a directory name means it's hidden.

(2013-05-23, 20:53)dewman Wrote: I got it installed fine but I noticed there are a few channels in the /private/var/mobile/Library/Preferences/XBMC/addons/plugin.video.free.cable/resources/lib directory that don't show up in the list on the ATV2. Are these Broke?? I swapped out the thecw.py file with the one listed on http://home.no/xbmc/load/ but it is still not showing up. Disney is also one that doesn't show up on the ATV2.

Thanks
Dewman

When you go into the FreeCable configuration, there is a list of which channels to enable. I'm not in front of my machine right now, but it is there under configuration somewhere. Make sure they are all checked off.

Thanks, Found that. I see that it says Disney isn't finished, so I'll wait on that one. I think the only one that isn't working is ABC bring up the list of shows but errors out on trying to play it.

RE: [RELEASE] Free Cable - US station aggregator - slices - 2013-05-23

Yep, ABC is more or less not working, the fix on here works in RSS mode but not with newer episodes. A few of us are workig on that, can get clips but not episodes. If we can get ABC working, we'll have a fair chance of Disney.

RE: [RELEASE] Free Cable - US station aggregator - Sdpbc - 2013-05-27

Hmmm ... just did some clean reinstalls of XBMC on my HTPC and laptop. For some reason Free Cable will not work on either, but works fine on my Pivos XIOS DS?

Paste bin here...

http://pastebin.com/xWStxr0w

Get the same Script error for anything I try to play? Any help would be appreciated!

RE: [RELEASE] Free Cable - US station aggregator - slices - 2013-05-27

I'm guessing from what I can see in the log that you're not in the US, how are you dealing which the geo blocking? Are you using the same method on all environments.

Looks like that log was for Nick, never worked for me.
I've just gotten NickToons and NickTeen working.

Try adding the followig to _common.py after the existing req.add_header line (~line 730)

req.add_header('X-Forwarded-For','12.13.14.15')

I'll tidy this up later.

I use FreeCable 99% of the time for Nickelodeon shows (the website where the streams come from does not geoblock from what I can tell). But I tried several other channels/shows and had the same result. You are right though, on my Pivos I'm over riding my URL using tunlr.net which I'm not doing on my other devices so that is one difference. But didn't have issues with FreeCable previously, only after uninstalling and reinstalling XBMC from a clean slate. Will see if I can insert the same change into the myResolv.conf file when I'm home.

What does the change you've noted above do?

... next dumb Q, when you say "after the existing req.add_header line", there are a couple in the same section. The first one shows up in the "def getURL" section:

if referer:
req.add_header('Referer', referer)
req.add_header('User-Agent', 'Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10.7; rv:14.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/14.0.1')

The second shows up in the next section "def getRedirect":

if referer:
req.add_header('User-Agent', 'Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10.7; rv:14.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/14.0.1')
response = urllib2.urlopen(req)

Just want to make sure I'm putting it in the right place!

Thanks!

RE: [RELEASE] Free Cable - US station aggregator - -zero- - 2013-05-27

ABC is working. Smile But the solution is not copying a python file only. It is more to do.

(2013-05-27, 17:54)Sdpbc Wrote: ... next dumb Q, when you say "after the existing req.add_header line", there are a couple in the same section. The first one shows up in the "def getURL" section:

if referer:

The second shows up in the next section "def getRedirect":

if referer:
response = urllib2.urlopen(req)

Just want to make sure I'm putting it in the right place!

Thanks!

Tried adding the line after the "def get URL" section first. Didn't make a difference.

Then tried adding it to the def getRedirect section (after deleting it from the other one), and this time I didn't get a script error, but when I click on a link it simply loads for a few seconds then just stops.

So I deleted those changes and added a myResolv.conf file with the following line in it: nameserver 142.54.177.158, which should be the same thing as what I have in my Pivos box where I SSH in and type "echo "nameserver 142.54.177.158" > /root/.xbmc/myResolv.conf".

But get the same script error after rebooting. I'm trying this on my work computer which I just set up XBMC on to give it a go. Hmm ...

RE: [RELEASE] Free Cable - US station aggregator - hunkyn - 2013-05-27

(2013-05-27, 18:06)-zero- Wrote: ABC is working. Smile But the solution is not copying a python file only. It is more to do.

How did you get it to work? If you can update with few instructions that would be great.