Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Free Cable - US station aggregator - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Video Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=154)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Free Cable - US station aggregator (/showthread.php?tid=101938)

- eTip - 2011-07-10

BlueCop Wrote:youngml: try this librtmp. Replace the existing file in "/Applications/XBMC.frappliance/Frameworks" on your atv2. that should fix the handshake issue.

Ok, I am confused/perplexed. I don't see that file in that directory on my ATV2. There are other similarly named files there so pretty sure I am looking in the right directory. Was able to copy the file there with no "file exists" warnings. What am I missing (likely something obvious)?

- BlueCop - 2011-07-10

eTip: which version are you running? they changed the location from older versions. you might have to upgrade to the current release if youre using an older one.

- eTip - 2011-07-10

BlueCop Wrote:eTip: which version are you running? they changed the location from older versions. you might have to upgrade to the current release if youre using an older one.

Thanks for the response. That may be the issue. I am on PRE-10.0 Git:4b032be. I did a search of the entire file system for anything with "librtmp" in the file name and it only returned the file I copied over.

Think I will hold off on upgrading since I think the latest version breaks the Pandora Addon (on ATV2). Thanks again & keep up the good work.

- pipps - 2011-07-10

Can a stream be added for NBC Sports please?

- exiledone1 - 2011-07-11

I'm pretty new to all of this, but I installed the plugin and wow. When it's all said and done it may be one of the best. Now for the most part I was able to get everything to work except Hulu.

I can't get anything on hulu to play. Everything else plays fine except the odd episode here and there such as Franklin and Bash Pilot episode on TNT.

Is hulu still be worked on?

Also...Is there anyway to get this app to work on the ipad 2? I have XBMC installed on the ipad 2, but the reason I ask is because of the updating of the Librtmp file which is needed to make most of the videos run for your plugin. How would I update that file with the Ipad 2 since it doesn't use .dll? Could you make a version of it that would work on the Ipad 2?

- BlueCop - 2011-07-12

pipps: I don't think their site lends itself to this specific plug-in. I am focusing on television shows. some networks have more documentaries and television special type programming.

exiledone1: hulu isn't working. the work around we are using to make librtmp work is just patching an older flash version used with the initial handshake. This has worked to get many sites that required a type 9 handshake to play again because it doesn't think the client is capable of that handshake. Some people have configured their rtmp servers to only accept newer flash versions and handshakes. Hulu and Amazon prime are the two primary services that come to my mind that have done this. I know there are more though.

I upgrade the librtmp on my friends ipad2 without a problem. I actually just did it with safari download manager and iFile. I forget the exact place that the xbmc app site located. I think it might just be /Applications . it has a framework directory just like atv2 and you can use the same librtmp file.

- bladeds - 2011-07-12

i justed updates my atv2 to ios 4.2.2 therefore had to re jailbreak it and reinstall xbmc and my plugins. however now freecable
able is not working properly for me, south park studios has stopped worked along with stage vu, crackle im confused with what has gone wrong here

- exiledone1 - 2011-07-12

Hi Bluecop,

So your saying i can still drop the .dll file in the ipad 2? I didn't know it could run .dll files. I have Ifile and all of that stuff, but just need to know exactly where to drop it. Sorry to ask, but could you give me the exact details of where I need to drop the file.

I just need the name of the folder within the xbmc app. Also do I need to change the extension of the dll file at all?

Thanks and sorry if these are noob questions, but I am one Smile Thank you for your hardwork with this app.

Josh

- BlueCop - 2011-07-12

no i do not mean that. read the last couple pages for the correct link.

Okay...I'll do that. Thanks a lot. Seriously thank you for taking the time to help. Smile So just use the file that people are using for the apple tv thing instead of the other .dll file which is for computers. Okay. Thanks

Thanks Bluecop. It worked like a charm!

- GoodOmens - 2011-07-13

BlueCop Wrote:eTip: which version are you running? they changed the location from older versions. you might have to upgrade to the current release if youre using an older one.

v2.4 has been released that adds support for v9 of flash.

Anyway you can update?

http://stream-recorder.com/forum/showpost.php?p=30836&postcount=17

- BlueCop - 2011-07-13

awww yea!! that means hulu and amazon prime are coming back. Smile I am at my girlfriends right now(like 45 min from home). I am very excited to play with this when I go home tomorrow.

hulu is still grabbing the correct links so should only need the new version with type 9 handshakes.

also if you're on windows you can try replacing the librtmp dll from xbmc with the one from their package and see how it works.

- GoodOmens - 2011-07-13

BlueCop Wrote:awww yea!! that means hulu and amazon prime are coming back. Smile I am at my girlfriends right now(like 45 min from home). I am very excited to play with this when I go home tomorrow.

hulu is still grabbing the correct links so should only need the new version with type 9 handshakes.

Awesome - thanks again for all your work Smile

- mrdally204 - 2011-07-13

Tested the above 2.4 on Windows 7, confirmed Hulu is indeed back baby!
I hope this does not change your motivation to have a complete add on here though, unless it would be very difficult for Hulu to break everything again.

Can I also request that in addition to compiling it for AppleTv2, that you also compile a version for Macs as well. I just turned my buddy on to XBMC, and I think this will really put it over the top. Thanks!