Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Free Cable - US station aggregator - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Video Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=154)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Free Cable - US station aggregator (/showthread.php?tid=101938)

- Pridetv - 2011-07-15

I can't wait to give this a try.

- mrdally204 - 2011-07-15

Bluecop,
I think there may be an issue with the version rtmp you updated for the ATV2. I just tried and failed to load up an episode on it. I then read where you said it may be my regional CDN server, but I then went and successfully played it on my windows 7 computer in the other room. Would they not use the same server as the DNS is served by my router?

SMIL error - abk_in_bris - 2011-07-15

hi, I get a SMIL error when I select an episode to play on Hulu. I'm new to this, so any advice appreciated.

cheers
abk
Sad

- BlueCop - 2011-07-15

mrdaily204: I cant reproduce these problems on my atv2 or any platform i have upgrade my librtmp on. If you can post debug logs of these failures and the specifics of which videos you tried.

Also if you couls post your general location if posting a problem.

abk_in_bris: that means it failed to get the smil file. http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Synchronized_Multimedia_Integration_Language

- docmichael - 2011-07-15

I get a SMIL error too is there a way to correct that? It is on my AppleTV.
Nevermind i looked in the Hulu plugin subject and saw it won't work in Appletv yet..

- BlueCop - 2011-07-15

the SMIL contains the video links. if it fails to grab or decrypt it then it wont play.

I am not experiencing these problems so can not find a solution. I need debug logs to follow what is happening and see where it fails.

has anyone tried changing CDN? if limelight fails then try akamia. level3 is using swf verify2 on some servers. I bet one would work for people who dont have SMIL issues.

- mrdally204 - 2011-07-15

I'll post a log later today. I am using the latest stable release if that may matter.

EDIT
Seriously WTF.

So I deleted the rtmp last night and went back to my older working version you released a few weeks back. Today, I went and re-downloaded the one you posted yesterday, transferred it to the ATV and turned on debugging mode. I now can go to the same video that crashed yesterday and it loaded up. I'm sure the debugging log is useless but I figured I would post anyways. Family guy, latest episode. North East Ohio.

http://pastebin.com/rHrqQ0Fn

EDIT:
(copied from another post)
I'm as excited as everyone here, but can we please keep this thread Free Cable specific. If there are troubles with Free Cable and the latest RTMP please post it. If things are RTMP specific, please either start another thread or refer/post to the ones below! Thanks and happy viewing!

Mac
Apple TV 2
Windows

- youngml - 2011-07-16

mrdally204 Wrote:Seriously WTF.

So I deleted the rtmp last night and went back to my older working version you released a few weeks back. Today, I went and re-downloaded the one you posted yesterday, transferred it to the ATV and turned on debugging mode. I now can go to the same video that crashed yesterday and it loaded up.

Me too now. I reverted back to the last stable version of XBMC for ATV2, updated to the latest nightly, copied over BlueCop's newest librtmp, and voila, the Free Cable (and Hulu!) videos are working well. I am posting here because my prior posts in this thread indicated that I couldn't get it to work. Now it does. Thank you, BlueCop.

- eTip - 2011-07-16

So, I finally upgraded XBMC to the latest release & copied over Bluecop's librtmp file but FreeCable is still not working. Here is what I am running:

Hardware: ATV2
XBMC: PRE-11.0 Git:20110623-6217b3 (Compiled June 23, 2011)
FreeCable: 0.0.4
librtmp: 2.4 (from BlueCop's link a few posts back)

Things I have tried:

1) Removing, re-installing Free Cable
2) Using both the original librtmp and (I believe) the one Blucop posted a week or so ago as well as 2.4. Not sure on version numbers besides 2.4.

Symptoms:

Able to open the Addon, choose the network & show & "full episode" get "script failed" when trying to play actual episode. Tried ABC, CBS, a couple other networks and episodes with same reusult. Hulu is also not working for me.

I am happy to post a log file but want to make sure I have the right versions of everything. For people that have it working on ATV2, what versions of XBMC & librtmp are you running? Also, if I need a previous version of librtmp, where do I get it?

Thanks much

awesome work - jaemlllz - 2011-07-17

Hey bluecop just wanted to thank you for the hulu plugin. Im a noob to the forum and to xbmc but with your instructions and plugin i have hulu running wonderfully on my aptv2. You are awesome my man. 720p shows look and run great!

- eTip - 2011-07-18

Can someone with Free Cable working on ATV2 please let me know what versions of XMBC, Free Cable & librtmp they are using? Much appreciated.

eTip Wrote:So, I finally upgraded XBMC to the latest release & copied over Bluecop's librtmp file but FreeCable is still not working. Here is what I am running:

Hardware: ATV2
XBMC: PRE-11.0 Git:20110623-6217b3 (Compiled June 23, 2011)
FreeCable: 0.0.4
librtmp: 2.4 (from BlueCop's link a few posts back)

Things I have tried:

1) Removing, re-installing Free Cable
2) Using both the original librtmp and (I believe) the one Blucop posted a week or so ago as well as 2.4. Not sure on version numbers besides 2.4.

Symptoms:

Able to open the Addon, choose the network & show & "full episode" get "script failed" when trying to play actual episode. Tried ABC, CBS, a couple other networks and episodes with same reusult. Hulu is also not working for me.

I am happy to post a log file but want to make sure I have the right versions of everything. For people that have it working on ATV2, what versions of XBMC & librtmp are you running? Also, if I need a previous version of librtmp, where do I get it?

Thanks much

- shanewilliams - 2011-07-18

eTip Wrote:Can someone with Free Cable working on ATV2 please let me know what versions of XBMC, Free Cable & librtmp they are using? Much appreciated.

I'm on XBMC 10.0.9, bluecops 2.4 librtmp and version 0.0.4 of the free cable plug in. I haven't had a single issue. Any other questions, just ask....

- Niceguy - 2011-07-18

Im using this from outside the US, and even with proxy activation I only get ABC, NBC, FX and TBS working.
I'm a huge Conan fan, so I use it to watch his monologues.
For some time now the latest available monologue is dated 6/13/2011
First I thought the show was in summer recess, but after checking the http://www.tbs.com site I found monologues until 6/30/2011.
Just wondering why the episodes on Free Cable are not updated ?

- rflores2323 - 2011-07-18

which stations are working on the atv2 with the new librtmp 2.4? anyway we could get a settings to say we are using an atv2 and the stations not working get hidden?

Also does the new librtmp work on 10.0.7 version for atv2?

Atv2 - uklapps - 2011-07-18

ok, thank goodness. I am a complete Neewbie here, and thought I was going mad.

I was feeling pretty good that in the space of a weekend I had managed to get an ATV2, Jailbreak it, Work out how to ssh XBMC, Fix XBMC music player by creating and copying a file to the ATV and then working out how to add repositories.....

Then when I actually went to try and play some of the streams, everyone was failing.

Whether it was Colbert, ESPN, Free Cable etc.

Although, I did manage to get a cricket stream in ESPN to work....

But everything else I have tried on Free cable, or the other add-ons have not worked.

So it looks like this is a common issue on ATV2?