Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Free Cable - US station aggregator - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Video Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=154)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Free Cable - US station aggregator (/showthread.php?tid=101938)

- BlueCop - 2011-05-28

mrdally204: sorry I missed you xbmc4xbox question. I don't mind if they link to the repo.

I committed an update that caches the All Show listing. I am going to try to add show meta-data from the tvdb next. Once I have the meta-data I will be able to do more complex things like genre listings. shows will also look pretty with descriptions, posters, fanart, etc. I am going to use the show cache for each station after I get the meta data worked out.

I don't currently plan to cache any episode lists because they change so often.

- anarchintosh - 2011-05-28

hey bluecop, nice addon!
did you use any special aggregate framework? (videodevil's etc)

PS. check the icefiilms git repo for metadata code for tvdb (and code to cache the data to an sqlite db). it is very messy, but we plan to clean up the code and put it into a separate python module for Videofalcon. don't know if you want to help us build the separate module, as it should be useful for many addon coders? (metadata getting and caching module)

- BlueCop - 2011-05-28

nope. is there some framework being developed somewhere? I just reworked the structure of a plug-in I was already familiar with. I am not that good of programmer but just want this content available to me.

also I am looking forward to video falcon (I think that is what its called). Still loving icefilms.

- valguerra - 2011-05-28

why not marvel.com, has full videos

- BlueCop - 2011-05-28

valguerra: thanks for the tip. I will add it to the list.

I love that old x-men series

- rogerthis - 2011-05-28

Has anyone got FreeCable working on the Apple TV 2?
It comes up script failed when I try to start it. I'm on the official not semi-nightly build of XBMC.

- BlueCop - 2011-05-28

rogerthis: I believe that it was working. didnt test the update on atv2. i checked win, osx, and linux. i am heading to the airport so will have to look into that later.

- bdoe - 2011-05-28

I just wanted to post to say THANK YOU for this awesome plugin! We had made the decision a few months ago to part ways with Comcast Cable because it was getting so expensive. Since then, we've been watching OTA television and Netflix (via our Blu-Ray player). I have been running XBMC on my Linux LAMP server for quite a while now, mainly for local and streaming music. Your plugin, however, is now allowing this server-turned-HTPC to become a proper part of our home theater, giving us at least some of the On-Demand goodies we had lost when we cut off cable.

Though your plugin is by no means complete (I'm getting script errors with Fox, FX, Spike, and a few other networks, as well as inability to play full episodes from TBS and TNT, among others), it is still a remarkable, awesome plugin! Please keep up the good work!

- eTip - 2011-05-28

BlueCop Wrote:rogerthis: I believe that it was working. didnt test the update on atv2. i checked win, osx, and linux. i am heading to the airport so will have to look into that later.

I wil try the latest update on my ATV2 & report back.

EDIT: The latest update does NOT work on ATV2. It installs OK, but networks that worked in the previous version (ABC, CBS, NBC, FX) no longer work (script failed when trying to play an episode). I didn't try every single channel but am assuming none of them work on this update.

BlueCop: I can post a log if it helps.

- rogerthis - 2011-05-29

On my ATV2 the addon doesn't start at all. I updated to the XBMC semi-nightly build and that didn't work either.

PasteBin included:
http://pastebin.com/XUvsH7kc

- valguerra - 2011-05-29

Another good one for kids is the HUB has full videos.

- igotdvds - 2011-05-29

Is it possible to not have this register as Container.Content(TVShows)?

The problem is it pulls all views that are only visible when TVSHows are present and all the fields are empty. Can it instead be listed as a video addon/adon?

- BlueCop - 2011-05-29

igotdvds: sure thanks for the suggestion. I will do that. once the correct metadata is there would tvshows be correct?

rogerthis: thanks for the log. an import is failing for some reason.

My gf just got back in town after several weeks away. so wont have time till wed.

sorry again for the issues. I will try to fix the problems then.

- rogerthis - 2011-05-29

BlueCop Wrote:rogerthis: thanks for the log. an import is failing for some reason.

My gf just got back in town after several weeks away. so wont have time till wed.

Thanks for the info, and have a good time with your gfWink

Would be great if you could team up with anarchintosh for VideoFalcon, also nixa and t0mm0 too. Turn VideoFalcon into the definitive web scraping addon with all the bells and whistles.

- igotdvds - 2011-05-29

BlueCop Wrote:igotdvds: sure thanks for the suggestion. I will do that. once the correct metadata is there would tvshows be correct?

rogerthis: thanks for the log. an import is failing for some reason.

No, not really. There would then be too many views to have to make compatible. I dont know what other video addons list themselves as, but I think it should match those.