Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Free Cable - US station aggregator - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Video Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=154)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Free Cable - US station aggregator (/showthread.php?tid=101938)

- tdavis - 2012-02-02

Sad to hear it go. I'd offer to help, but I just don't have the time. I do understand why, I still get emails about a linux kernel driver from 10 years ago!

Personally, I'd tell those idiots "no support available. it either works for you, or it doesn't.", and then send all emails from those people to /dev/null

- bodhi - 2012-02-02

Bluecop, thanks for a great plugin.

- mikeplow1961 - 2012-02-02

Great shame if it goes. Like many, it just works for me so I'm one of the silent majority but your work is very much appreciated BC.

- Zeee1 - 2012-02-02

mikeplow1961 Wrote:Great shame if it goes. Like many, it just works for me so I'm one of the silent majority but your work is very much appreciated BC.

BC, I think I can speak for many users on the great work you do. I totally understand that your frustrated and I respect all your decisions, would you be interested on accepting donations to keep the plugins working? I am sure the community would be willing to help out.

Anyone elseHuh

Thank you,

Zeee1

Thank you BLUECOP - guycellphone78 - 2012-02-02

I have been always been following most of these threads and can honestly say that many of us dont appreciate the time that many of these programmers donate into putting out these repositories and plug ins. I would like to thank Bluecop for putting the repo back on for us. I think many of you need top praise the man for doing the work for very few of us have the knowledge that he has. Thank you Bluecop once again for putting it back online. You really are the man. As well as a thank you to all the other programmers and developers out there. We dont not appreciate your work and time any less.

- barca888 - 2012-02-02

BlueCop Wrote:repo is going down. I scheduled for deletion.

tired of dealing with people.

check out what you want now. I am just going to do my things privately.
Sorry you have to deal with idiots on the internet. But I just wanted to say, I really, really appreciate this addon, and ESPN3. It's saved me from having to pay for cable. With access to say whatever on the internet nowadays there are bound to be a few of these clowns in every crowd.

- bigdogeh - 2012-02-03

big thxs coming from me also BC. Your plugins and the work you do for the community are second to none. Good luck in all your endevours!
bigD

- niceone - 2012-02-03

Im new sorry if i did your head in with messages BlueCop but i was just compleatly lost at first but now im getting there after alot of late nights.This ATV2 i just cant leave the thing alone once i start messing with it

- shaneob86 - 2012-02-03

Thanks for everything. I hope you reconsider.

- oneadvent - 2012-02-03

I know you are going quiet but I want you to know what a difference you made. I have a mother in law with brain tumors. She went and had a surgery, but it didn't go well and ended up in the hospital for a couple weeks. When she got home she found herself out of money to pay the cable bill and it got shut off. I set up an xbmc machine and installed Free Cable, as she is bed ridden and couldn't get out of bed. This is the thing that has gotten her over the last few weeks. She couldn't have done it without you, so at the end of the day, no matter what turd face said about you, you are a hero.

- StinDaWg - 2012-02-03

Sad to see you go BlueCop. Half of the reason I use xbmc is due to your excellent plugins- ESPN, Free Cable, and Hulu. Hopefully there will be a way for appreciative users here to continue to use your updated plugins wherever they may be posted even if it means getting no support or you never posting here again. Take care.

- js3811 - 2012-02-03

Hey BC,
I'm usually here but never post as & can find what I need by searching for it & don't have to bother anyone.I've been using your repo for a few months & think it's fantastic.I just wanna say thank you & maybe see your way clear that for the people using your repo can somehow get auto updates to keep it working.Again,thanks much.Nod

Take care.

- jcaa6479 - 2012-02-03

Sad to hear about this Bluecop but totally support your decicion, Free Cable have been a part of our daily life since the very first version and we are really going to miss it.

I was about to release a couple of addons myself to the public but after your story i decided to keep it private, no fun spending alot of hours of your sparetime just to beeing harazed for trying to make ppl happy by a bunch of jerks.

Thanks for your hard work

- WildBill - 2012-02-04

Rob on CBS is not working but everything else on CBS seems to be working.

- dynaflash - 2012-02-05

Bluecop, for what its worth, I think its like the old song ...

"you don't know what you got ... til its gone."

I think thats what your hearing. Keep it up and I also personally hope you change your mind. To be sure the xbmc ecosystem would be much damaged without your plugins. That said ... I respect your decision.