Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Free Cable - US station aggregator - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Video Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=154)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Free Cable - US station aggregator (/showthread.php?tid=101938)

RE: [RELEASE] Free Cable - US station aggregator - rossdret - 2012-07-14

Bluecop: Everything was working for me until the update. One day it worked and then yesterday it auto update and stopped working. The channel lists load but anytime I try to open a show I get a Script error and it goes back to the beginning. The show never loads. What did I do wrong? Or what do I need to fix?

Your work has made me a hero to my wife for getting rid of cable (which I wanted to thank you very much for) but now I am in the dog house and it is her first day alone as a "stay at home mom" Rough business. Smile

RE: [RELEASE] Free Cable - US station aggregator - BlueCop - 2012-07-14

what platform?

i will need a log.

(2012-07-14, 00:27)BlueCop Wrote: what platform?

i will need a log.

I am running windows 7 using XBMC EDEN v 11.0

I have the log saved. I ran debugging mode and saved the file. But I don't know how to post it. It's pretty long to copy and paste here?

just need the part where is fails.

you can post it to pastebin.com and then link to it here

(2012-07-14, 00:45)rossdret Wrote:
(2012-07-14, 00:27)BlueCop Wrote: what platform?

i will need a log.

I am running windows 7 using XBMC EDEN v 11.0

I have the log saved. I ran debugging mode and saved the file. But I don't know how to post it. It's pretty long to copy and paste here?

figured it out with a lot of help. here is the log:

http://www.xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=4929

(2012-07-14, 01:01)BlueCop Wrote: just need the part where is fails.

you can post it to pastebin.com and then link to it here

opps read this to late...might of gave you too much info....lol

thanks. I dont see the plugin launching at all in the log. i would need a log of any failures.

RE: [RELEASE] Free Cable - US station aggregator - WildBill - 2012-07-14

Favorites keep erasing after every update and Survivor on CBS will not go to Favorites. I am thinking it is because of the tm on Survivor.

Thanks I will work on fixing that.

I was making some updates to the database. I want to get it all correct and then the database wouldn't be updated anymore. I will have it store the database in addon settings so favorites are persistent between updates.

I am also implementing the show matching from local library if favorites are empty. It will match any shows in your local library to what is available.

(2012-07-14, 01:05)BlueCop Wrote: thanks. I dont see the plugin launching at all in the log. i would need a log of any failures.

How do you log the script failures? I enabled debugging mode but after that I am at a loss on how to log failures.

well the log looks like xbmc started and shutdown only.

i would need a log where you run the plugin and it fails.

you might try uninstalling/reinstalling the plugin. something might be currupt.

(2012-07-14, 02:13)BlueCop Wrote: well the log looks like xbmc started and shutdown only.

I actually did uninstall and reinstall the plugin and that didn't fix it. When I click on one of the network icons i get a Script Error. I ran the debugging log while I tried to execute 4 channels and got the script error. It's really weird because I didn't make any changes to XBMC and free cable was working yesterday afternoon and then at night time for some reason it gives me those script error messages and the channels don't pull anything up.

I wonder why the script errors are not getting logged? Is there anywaay to go back to the previous version?

i dont know what else to say. i need a log of the failure to diagnose the problem.

the log you posted has nothing. no plugin ever started at all.

the log is reset each time you restart xbmc.

(2012-07-14, 02:48)rossdret Wrote: [quote='BlueCop' pid='1146995' dateline='1342224782']
well the log looks like xbmc started and shutdown only.

I actually did uninstall and reinstall the plugin and that didn't fix it. When I click on one of the network icons i get a Script Error. I ran the debugging log while I tried to execute 4 channels and got the script error. It's really weird because I didn't make any changes to XBMC and free cable was working yesterday afternoon and then at night time for some reason it gives me those script error messages and the channels don't pull anything up.

I wonder why the script errors are not getting logged? Is there anywaay to go back to the previous version?

I thing I got it logged. Is this what you are looking for?

http://www.xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=4940

ok got it. a path needs to be escaped for the local fanart and icon.

anway i will work on a fix.

(2012-07-14, 03:07)BlueCop Wrote: ok got it. a path needs to be escaped for the local fanart and icon.

anway i will work on a fix.

WOw outstanding. Thanks so much bluecop....you are truly a hero for me. Trust me I sold my wife's Nissan 350Z last night and she was pissed. I have to get cable for her. LOL thanks man