Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Free Cable - US station aggregator - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Video Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=154)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Free Cable - US station aggregator (/showthread.php?tid=101938)

- oneadvent - 2011-06-06

Code:
oneadvent@oneadvent-laptop:~/source/rtmpdump$ sudo apt-get install subversion

Code:
oneadvent@oneadvent-laptop:~/source/rtmpdump$ sudo apt-get install  libssl-dev

Code:
oneadvent@oneadvent-laptop:~/source/rtmpdump$ cd ~/source/

Code:
oneadvent@oneadvent-laptop:~/source/rtmpdump$ svn co svn://svn.mplayerhq.hu/rtmpdump/trunk rtmpdump

Code:
oneadvent@oneadvent-laptop:~/source/rtmpdump$ cd rtmpdump/

Code:
oneadvent@oneadvent-laptop:~/source/rtmpdump$ make SYS=posix

fixed it for the futures.

- teaguecl - 2011-06-06

oneadvent Wrote:
Code:

Code:

Code:

Code:
oneadvent@oneadvent-laptop:~/source/rtmpdump$ svn co svn://svn.mplayerhq.hu/rtmpdump/trunk rtmpdump

Code:

Code:

Thanks for the instructions, but I would hesitate to recommend this process to end users. Most people do not need or want development tools installed on their HTPC. On my vanilla Live Dharma, telling apt to install libssl-dev asks it to install a LOT of other packages, which I do not want on there. I highly recommend doing this is a virtual machine configured identically to your xbmc box. IMO, HTPC's are for playing media, not for compiling software!

- oneadvent - 2011-06-07

Yea I'm not 100% that is required anyway. I did it because I had read somewhere else that it was needed.

- eriqjaffe - 2011-06-07

oneadvent Wrote:
Code:

Code:

Code:

Code:

Code:

Code:

Would you also have to do a sudo make install?

- oneadvent - 2011-06-07

I believe that would be necessary. I have always had to do that in the past.

- oligolli - 2011-06-09

Thanks for the great addon and all your hard work.

The audio for me on some Letterman full episodes is 22050Hz and on others it's 44100Hz. Anybody else get this? Can it be fixed or is it CBS's doing?

- avus m3 - 2011-06-09

Look forward to trying this out! The idea is great to have a unified add-on for all the stations instead of each individual. Caching the info would be a huge help! Keep up the good work.

- oneadvent - 2011-06-10

I still cannot get many of the things to work, says handshake failed.

Is there anything else I can do?

Can't get feeds to work - chrenaud - 2011-06-10

I am running your plugin on ATV2 and keep running into all sorts of trouble.
The only feeds that seem to work are USA network all the rest either return an error or crash XBMC back to the ATV2 main menu. I am on the latest update for my ATV2. Am I doing something wrong or is there a compatability issue with ATV2?
I see other people are having success so I feel kind of dumb to ask but I guess it is the only way to learn.
Any help you could give would be great.

- mrdally204 - 2011-06-10

Apple tv2 uses an old version of RTMP, which does not have the correct handshake in order to start the stream. Until there is an updated version included in the nightlys, or someone compiles it for us, there is no real fix for it ATM.

- gjlp - 2011-06-10

vorbis Wrote:First of all, fantastic plugin! Has a lot of functionality.
I have only one issue and that is when I pause a stream it never resumes properly.
It will play the next few seconds that are in the buffer but will then stop and eventually exit, Anyone else experiencing this? Is it a limitation on the librtmp.dll?

It happens with NBC shows, Daily show etc.

I can't believe this is still an issue for XBMC. It's not just this addon - BBC iPlayer has the same issue. Not an issue with IceMovies though. I was hoping moving to the pre-Eden nighlies would solve it but no such luck. I'm on a PC.

- oneadvent - 2011-06-12

Okay BlueCop, in case I haven't said thank you, "Thank you."

I am still battling getting everything to work, and still getting handshake failure.

What version of rtmpdump should I have? What version do you have? Any other suggestions?

- k1m0s - 2011-06-13

oneadvent Wrote:Okay BlueCop, in case I haven't said thank you, "Thank you."

I am still battling getting everything to work, and still getting handshake failure.

What version of rtmpdump should I have? What version do you have? Any other suggestions?

I think this is the file you are looking for: librtmp.dll

There is a read me for where to put it in windows, any other os I have no idea where it would go. Hope this helps

- BlueCop - 2011-06-13

oneadvent: I am not sure the proper way to do it. I just edited the Makefile in librtmp directory and change the prefix from /usr/local to /usr. then sudo make install.

Queue - jcaa6479 - 2011-06-13

BlueCop: Thanks for making the number 1 addon to XBMC, everything is working perfect.

Just a quick question, is it possible to queue shows for continues playing across the different channels?

Thanks again and keep up the good workSmile