Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Free Cable - US station aggregator - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Video Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=154)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Free Cable - US station aggregator (/showthread.php?tid=101938)

RE: [RELEASE] Free Cable - US station aggregator - Pednick - 2013-02-10

Yep had the same problem had to force refresh a few times to fix.

(2013-02-10, 04:06)pooflix Wrote:
(2013-02-10, 03:59)artrafael Wrote: Welcome to the XBMC forums, phanim.

Try a "Force refresh" on the repository. System/Settings > Add-ons > Get add-ons > highlight the Bluecop repository and open its context menu ("c" on keyboard or right mouse click) and select "Force refresh".

FWIW you may also need to do this a couple of times and/or exit and restart XBMC a time or two for this to work. That was my experience at least, but ultimately it did work.

RE: [RELEASE] Free Cable - US station aggregator - vernonjvs - 2013-02-12

The following are changes generated by the unix diff -u command against the Bluecop versions which fix various issues for me. Use at your own risk. Note that the minus sign at the beginning of a line denotes lines to be deleted. A plus sign at the beginning of a line denotes lines to be added.

Note that it is a good idea to back up the files distributed by Bluecop before making any changes. Example:

cp nbc.py nbc.py.bluecop

Jimmy Fallon fix.
Code:
--- nbc.py
+++ nbc.py
@@ -81,7 +81,8 @@
             mode = 'showsubClips'
         for link in set.findAll('a'):
             name = link.string.strip()
-            url = BASE+link['href'].split('?')[0]+'?view=detail'
+            # url = BASE+link['href'].split('?')[0]+'?view=detail'
+            url = url[0:url.rfind('/')]+link['href'].split('?')[0]+'?view=detail'
             common.addDirectory(name, 'nbc', mode, url)
     common.setView('seasons')

Modern Family fix
Code:
--- abc.py
+++ abc.py
@@ -182,7 +182,7 @@
     platpath=False
     for filename in filenames:
         if filename['src'] <> '':
-            bitrate = int(filename['bitrate'])
+            bitrate = int(float(filename['bitrate']))
             if bitrate > hbitrate and bitrate <= sbitrate:
                 hbitrate = bitrate
                 playpath = filename['src']

CBS and Craig Ferguson fix. Note that this fix includes my earlier posted CBS fix so be careful if you have already applied by previous CBS changes.
Code:
---  cbs.py
+++  cbs.py
@@ -60,9 +60,10 @@
     menu=tree.find(attrs={'id' : 'daypart_nav'})
     categories=menu.findAll('a')
     for item in categories:
-        catid = item['onclick'].replace("showDaypart('",'').replace("');",'')
-        name = catid.title()
-        common.addDirectory(name, 'cbs', 'shows', catid)
+        if item['href'].find('javascript') == 0:
+           catid = item['onclick'].replace("showDaypart('",'').replace("');",'')
+           name = catid.title()
+           common.addDirectory(name, 'cbs', 'shows', catid)
     common.setView('seasons')

def shows(catid = common.args.url):
@@ -84,6 +85,8 @@
                     url = url.replace('daytime/lets_make_a_deal','shows/lets_make_a_deal')
                 elif 'cbs_evening_news/video/' in url:
                     url = 'http://www.cbs.com/shows/cbs_evening_news/video/'
+                elif 'late_night/late_late_show/video/' in url:
+                    url = 'http://www.cbs.com/shows/late_late_show/video/'
                 elif 'shows/dogs_in_the_city/' in url:
                     url+='video/'
                 elif '/shows/partners/' in url:

RE: [RELEASE] Free Cable - US station aggregator - Narbat - 2013-02-12

(2013-02-05, 03:23)coolasice Wrote: which versions of xbmc are you guys using? I cant get any of the channels to load "script error", using frodo 12 final...

Looks like the script has a bug that affects Windows installations; the '\' path separator isn't escaped properly. The problem is that the replace() function is case-sensitive, and the backslash character is encoded as "%5c" (lowercase) when the script expects "%5C" (uppercase). For a quick and dirty fix, find the code below and change all occurrences of "%5C" to lowercase.

C:\Users\{your_name}\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\plugin.video.free.cable\resources\lib\_common.py

Code:
class _Info:
    def __init__( self, *args, **kwargs ):
        print "common.args"
        print kwargs
        self.__dict__.update( kwargs )

exec '''args = _Info(%s)''' % (urllib.unquote_plus(sys.argv[2][1:].replace("&", ", ").replace("'","\'").replace('%5C', '%5C%5C')).replace('%A9',u'\xae').replace('%E9',u'\xe9').replace('%99',u'\u2122')»

The main problem, though, is that the code is parsing the arguments in just about the worst way imaginable. For a better fix rip out that whole section above and replace it with this:

Code:
class _Info:
    def __init__(self, s):
        args = urllib.unquote_plus(s).split('&')
        for x in args:
            (k,v) = x.split('=', 1)
            setattr(self, k, v.strip('"\''))

args = _Info(sys.argv[2][1:])

The original code also tries to replace a few specific characters (such as the trademark TM character) with Unicode equivalents, but the way it's going about it won't work. I didn't bother trying to do that. To do it right I'd need a table to translate about 100 different URL encoded characters to their Unicode equivalents. If it's a problem I'll add it later.

RE: [RELEASE] Free Cable - US station aggregator - coolasice - 2013-02-12

(2013-02-12, 04:21)Narbat Wrote:
(2013-02-05, 03:23)coolasice Wrote: which versions of xbmc are you guys using? I cant get any of the channels to load "script error", using frodo 12 final...

Looks like the script has a bug that affects Windows installations; the '\' path separator isn't escaped properly. The problem is that the replace() function is case-sensitive, and the backslash character is encoded as "%5c" (lowercase) when the script expects "%5C" (uppercase). For a quick and dirty fix, find the code below and change all occurrences of "%5C" to lowercase.

C:\Users\{your_name}\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\plugin.video.free.cable\resources\lib\_common.py

Code:
class _Info:
    def __init__( self, *args, **kwargs ):
        print "common.args"
        print kwargs
        self.__dict__.update( kwargs )

exec '''args = _Info(%s)''' % (urllib.unquote_plus(sys.argv[2][1:].replace("&", ", ").replace("'","\'").replace('%5C', '%5C%5C')).replace('%A9',u'\xae').replace('%E9',u'\xe9').replace('%99',u'\u2122')»

The main problem, though, is that the code is parsing the arguments in just about the worst way imaginable. For a better fix rip out that whole section above and replace it with this:

Code:
class _Info:
    def __init__(self, s):
        args = urllib.unquote_plus(s).split('&')
        for x in args:
            (k,v) = x.split('=', 1)
            setattr(self, k, v.strip('"\''))

args = _Info(sys.argv[2][1:])

The original code also tries to replace a few specific characters (such as the trademark TM character) with Unicode equivalents, but the way it's going about it won't work. I didn't bother trying to do that. To do it right I'd need a table to translate about 100 different URL encoded characters to their Unicode equivalents. If it's a problem I'll add it later.

tried both ways, still get script errors... the first way I can actually get to the list of stations, but the second method just ends up with script errors without displaying the station list.

RE: [RELEASE] Free Cable - US station aggregator - reapur - 2013-02-12

Thanks, this worked for me.

(2013-02-07, 09:38)sevusal Wrote:
(2013-02-06, 10:16)vernonjvs Wrote: I got CBS to work again by changing the following lines in cbs.py starting with line 62 from

Thanks Vernonjvs. For those who can not find the python file or don't know how to make the change, replace the 'cbs.py' file, located at
.../Android/data/org.xbmc.xbmc/files/.xbmc/addons/plugin.video.free.cable/resources/lib/
with this file
https://mega.co.nz/#!IUgw0SjC!JLrZfDT_kHY-6aW_9iWRcFPhwdtaOZAxO2A0XpLRMvo

RE: [RELEASE] Free Cable - US station aggregator - WildBill - 2013-02-12

Anyone been able to fix history?

RE: [RELEASE] Free Cable - US station aggregator - Narbat - 2013-02-12

(2013-02-12, 05:23)coolasice Wrote: tried both ways, still get script errors... the first way I can actually get to the list of stations, but the second method just ends up with script errors without displaying the station list.

What can I say? The fix works for me, and I copy/pasted from the file to the forum. Python's quite dependent on indentation, so make sure that's all correct and that there isn't a problem of using spaces instead of tabs (or vice-versa). Also look in the log file to see what the specific script error is.

RE: [RELEASE] Free Cable - US station aggregator - jeru - 2013-02-13

I am having the same issue with the repo being installed but none of the channels showing up in the list to install, this is running XBMC Frodo on an appletv. I have installed/uninstalled the repo dozens of times, restarted XBMC the same... anyone find a resolution for this?

******Fixed*******

I fixed the issue by figuring out how to refresh a repo in another thread, I had to refresh and reboot several times before Bluecop add-ons appeared.

System:Settings:Add-ons:Get-add-ons:hold the menu button on the bluecop repo then :choose force refresh

RE: [RELEASE] Free Cable - US station aggregator - Sdpbc - 2013-02-13

Can anyone else confirm that "nickelodeon" is also not working on their end? Eg. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles usd to have episodes but is now blank, as are all other shows on that channel? Just want to confirm it is not an issue only I'm seeing! My 5 year old is missing it like crazy!

RE: [RELEASE] Free Cable - US station aggregator - coolasice - 2013-02-13

(2013-02-12, 19:42)Narbat Wrote:
(2013-02-12, 05:23)coolasice Wrote: tried both ways, still get script errors... the first way I can actually get to the list of stations, but the second method just ends up with script errors without displaying the station list.

What can I say? The fix works for me, and I copy/pasted from the file to the forum. Python's quite dependent on indentation, so make sure that's all correct and that there isn't a problem of using spaces instead of tabs (or vice-versa). Also look in the log file to see what the specific script error is.

i've discovered something bizarre... the original plugin works fine in xbmc standard mode... but will not function in portable mode... try it out....

RE: [RELEASE] Free Cable - US station aggregator - phanim - 2013-02-13

Thanks Pednick. I can see Free Cable video add ons. But some of the channels are broken. When I click for eg, Lifetime, descending down the sub menus in it, none work. How to fix it?

RE: [RELEASE] Free Cable - US station aggregator - cablegoon - 2013-02-14

Vernonjvs - thanks for fixing NBC/CBS and ABC - appreciate the good work

RE: [RELEASE] Free Cable - US station aggregator - phanim - 2013-02-14

Is doing a force update on the repo way to get the fixes? After doing a force update, reboot the system couple of times? After rebooting first time, just reboot again or do a force reboot and do a reboot?

RE: [RELEASE] Free Cable - US station aggregator - artrafael - 2013-02-14

(2013-02-14, 06:33)phanim Wrote: Is doing a force update on the repo way to get the fixes? After doing a force update, reboot the system couple of times? After rebooting first time, just reboot again or do a force reboot and do a reboot?
No. It's just a way to get the stock add-ons to show up in the repository. Some people were seeing an empty repository after an XBMC upgrade.

RE: [RELEASE] Free Cable - US station aggregator - lancewindew - 2013-02-16

I can't seem to get this working on Windows 7 64bit, XBMC v12.0 Final (FRODO). Any channel I pick throws up a script error. Is there a work around or fix I am missing, or does this just not work on win764 v12 Final?