Kodi Community Forum
[MOD] Cirrus Extended v2 - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: Cirrus Extended (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=133)
+----- Thread: [MOD] Cirrus Extended v2 (/showthread.php?tid=102066)

- N.O.W.A.L.L - 2011-05-27

I like very much the new clock view, very classy

Butchabay, one day you had explained how to manually make in Cirrus Extended 1.2.7 the "XX items, Duration xx etc" in bold caracters in the upper right corner, because by default I dont find it very readable when there is a bright fanart... but I can't remember it anymore, could you tell us again please? Sorry for askying

I think I gonna make myself a mini guide, because on every new release I have to edit again my personal mods, and it sometimes hard to remember what I did

- butchabay - 2011-05-27

ZombieRobot Wrote:I like both very clean

Thanx mate. I didn't make any changes for the clock, it's taken 1 to 1 from original cirrus 2.1, so all credits to crookas.

funkysven_4 Wrote:That looks nice as!

How did you remove the XBMC logo from the top left corner?

Also, was going to ask if there were any other color options for some text other than orange?

You can hide the logo and buttons in skin settings ... homemenu
The orange fonts are original cirrus fonts and colors. You can edit xml's by yourself, just search in each xml. file for "orange" and change it to one you like.

N.O.W.A.L.L Wrote:I like very much the new clock view, very classy

Butchabay, one day you had explained how to manually make in Cirrus Extended 1.2.7 the "XX items, Duration xx etc" in bold caracters in the upper right corner, because by default I dont find it very readable when there is a bright fanart... but I can't remember it anymore, could you tell us again please? Sorry for askying

I think I gonna make myself a mini guide, because on every new release I have to edit again my personal mods, and it sometimes hard to remember what I did

Thanx NOWALL, as said the clock is taken from original cirrus.

About bold fonts:

You can choose BOLD fonts in appearance Settings, try to change Fonts to Bold.

Try it and let me know, else i'll give you info which xml to edit.

- kulprit - 2011-05-27

Just another thing i've noticed with more playing butchabay, not sure if its intentional or not.
With the new flags enable (in both standard or slim osd) when playing an mp3 the channel 2.0 flag is really small.

Thanks on making the visualisation settings accessible as well.

- butchabay - 2011-05-27

kulprit Wrote:Just another thing i've noticed with more playing butchabay, not sure if its intentional or not.
With the new flags enable (in both standard or slim osd) when playing an mp3 the channel 2.0 flag is really small.

Thanks on making the visualisation settings accessible as well.

I assume it's intentional because i didn't change anything in that section. But i can take a look.

- henrava - 2011-05-27

funkysven_4 Wrote:Also, was going to ask if there were any other color options for some text other than orange?

A simple hack solution is to duplicate "defaults.xml" in the colors folder and change the name into e.g. "lime.xml"; now replace the hex code for orange with the code for lime:
<!-- original color <color name="orange">FFB88A00</color> -->
<color name="orange">ff00ff00</color>.
In the system->appearance->skin you have now a new color called "lime".
A more complex and long solution is to edit every xml, but i think Butchabay has already a lot of work to do...
PS: Butch, the new fanart view is wonderful ! Big Grin

- butchabay - 2011-05-27

henrava Wrote:A simple hack solution is to duplicate "defaults.xml" in the colors folder and change the name into e.g. "lime.xml"; now replace the hex code for orange with the code for lime:
<!-- original color <color name="orange">FFB88A00</color> -->
<color name="orange">ff00ff00</color>.
In the system->appearance->skin you have now a new color called "lime".
A more complex and long solution is to edit every xml, but i think Butchabay has already a lot of work to do...
PS: Butch, the new fanart view is wonderful ! Big Grin

Smile Sure, that's easier. Thanx for the hint, i didn't noticed this solution.

The new fanart view is my new favourite view !!! Smile

- SALAMINOMACHOS - 2011-05-27

Good morning
How can i have update for Cirrus Extended V2 ?

Useful Tool to match colors - butchabay - 2011-05-27

As we are talking about colors, here a very useful tool:

http://www.colorschemer.com/online.html

- butchabay - 2011-05-27

SALAMINOMACHOS Wrote:Good morning
How can i have update for Cirrus Extended V2 ?

Which Update? The latest is on the first Page of this thread. v2.01

cirrus extended v2 soon in repo - butchabay - 2011-05-27

mad-max is managing to get as soon as possible cirrus extended v2 in the
http://www.xbmcnerds.com/ REPO. So stay tuned ...

- SALAMINOMACHOS - 2011-05-27

butchabay Wrote:Which Update? The latest is on the first Page of this thread. v2.01
Ι know it but i am asking because every day i see that you change some things i.e colours etc.
So how can i be updated?

- PatrickBateman - 2011-05-27

butchabay Wrote:About weather plugin, i don't know if it's normal.

Don't ask me why but i'm playing around with fanart view, and here is the results Smile

This is beautiful,
Its much cleaner looking and very beautiful... It is also much more symmetrical and the highlighted movie feels more centred now too, which also is very visually appealing! I love this new look.

Can I have it now please Wink

Also, I'm not sure how easy it is to do, but what about adding imdb ratings instead of the star ratings?
I feel a small imdb logo followed by the rating of the movie would be even more visually appealing than the current big stars (I'm not a fan of the 5* rating system in general)

The 9* logo you have in the inception screenshot is very nice, could you adapt a 10* rating system and implement it that way or edit the 5 star (*****) system to appear as 5* instead of **** or have just have imdbs rating instead...

Also, how about an option for slim ratings instead of the large ones... For example instead of the large:

PG-13 Parents Strongly Cautioned
Some content may be inappropriate for children under 13

To just

|PG-13|

This too would tidy things up and keep it sleek looking?

Just ideas, you'll know better than me how it'll look/feel etc as your eye for detail is obviously very very good judging by these new shots Nod

A few other things I'd like to ask about are...

Is there any way to get the weather plugin to not update every time I go back to the home screen and only have it update on startup and/or when I highlight it?
The reason I ask is that I am experiencing some slow down every time I go back to the home screen as the weather update refreshes it's content? I'd rather it updated only when highlighted or at 1 hr intervals etc? Again, not sure if this can be done on a skin level or if I need to ask the devs of the. Plugin to possibly add that as an option...

And finally, could the text box in fanart view (that holds movie description) be larger as I find it difficult to read, and if it held 5 or 6 lines of text rather than 4 I think it might flow better.? EDIT... JUST NOTICED YOU'VE ALREADY DONE THIS IN THE NEW SCREEN SHOTS ABOVE... FANTASTIC.

I literally can't wait for future updates as this is a phenomenal work of art, I literally can't believe how much you have changed and influenced my viewing habits and turned my tiny little rubbish revo into something jaw dropping..

Thank again for all your hard work and I hope you don't ever think I am complaining about anything, as that is not the case, I just love throwing ideas out there in the hope that you will spin your magic and bring those ideas to life Smile

Amazing work as usual butch, can't wait for the next update.

- el_Paraguayo - 2011-05-27

Also on the subject of film ratings, being a Brit the MPAA ratings mean little to me and I'd prefer to use the BBFC (18, 15, 12A, PG, U) ratings and, more importantly, their logos.

I was just wondering whether there was any way the skin can display these logos or whether I need a separate plugin (e.g. Rotten Tomatoes scraper) to do this.

As with Mr Bateman, I cannot wait for the next release (which I intend to be my final update).

- eriksmith200 - 2011-05-27

butchabay Wrote:mad-max is managing to get as soon as possible cirrus extended v2 in the
http://www.xbmcnerds.com/ REPO. So stay tuned ...

That would be great Smile

- butchabay - 2011-05-27

@Pat
About Star Rating there could be an option to choose like in rightlist view, use rating nr. instead of stars.
The orange case with the imdb rating is related to top 250 movies rated from imdb, you just have to set your scraper to imdb or choose the option use imdb rating in tmdb scarper settings.

About mpaa rating flags, as all the media is not compressed, you can use whatever for the mpaa ratings, just replace them with the one you want. Located in Media/Flagging/Ratings. There are Rating Flags for Australia, Germany, mpaa general and UK, what will be shown depends on the scraper settings. I think Aeon skin is using the short variant, (PG-13) for example.