Kodi Community Forum
[MOD] Cirrus Extended v2 - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: Cirrus Extended (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=133)
+----- Thread: [MOD] Cirrus Extended v2 (/showthread.php?tid=102066)

- N.O.W.A.L.L - 2011-10-12

Awww I just see that in "images" file are compressed in a single .db Image

too bad, because personally I like to disable the XBMC logo to have a clean interface

EDIT: sorry I just saw the "coming soon" in first post> Ok I'll wait...

GuiZ Wrote:Hi
I've already suggested it but I think it should be really awesome:
A mockup of a right list view with an animation like in Back Row skin. When you stay 3sec on the film...the dvd case opensShocked

And the the DVD layout is based on fanart? Pretty cool idea. Totally useless therefore enjoyable

butchabay Wrote:Couldn't resist Smile

New Movie Info Screen with Get Extrafanart Button ...

Screens Shown are with the Theme Silver enabled

I just love it! Always wanted to have an automatic extrafanart downloader on MacOSX... I look fwd to 2.0.7 then!

- fluentdesigns - 2011-10-12

Will try this out tonight. Currently use Aeon MQ3 but always like trying out others that I may enjoy more!

- Martijn - 2011-10-12

N.O.W.A.L.L Wrote:I just love it! Always wanted to have an automatic extrafanart downloader on MacOSX... I look fwd to 2.0.7 then!

Well you don't really have to wait Wink
I you're running pre-Eden you can get the stable Extrafanart Downloader-0.3.7 from the official xbmc.org repo and can be found under programs. It can also be run standalone from the Programs section

There is a development version pre-Eden(0.3.9) which has a download limiter to limit the extrafanart per movie/tvshow. If you want you could test it out for us and report any bugs in the thread in my signature that would be great.
There's a dharma development version without smb:// support.

- rshieldsr - 2011-10-12

butchabay Wrote:Thanx for your kind words mate.
Please feel free to post bug reports and i'll put them on my todo list.

Actually, I have only observed two little issues so far.
1. In TV Shows, views that use logos, the up to parent folder icon is showing up as a "Logo Missing" icon.

2. After clicking on a button to get artwork (fanart, thumb, etc.) from the Info display for a movie or TV Show, if I then choose cancel, a blank, black, mostly transparent screen comes up and stays there (locking up XBMC for the duration) for about 10 seconds. If I choose something to download, as oppposed to cancelling out, the same blank, black transparent window comes before the download progress dialog but this time it is only there for about 1 second. If that doesn't make sense let me know and I can try to capture a screenshot of it for you tonight when I get home.

So given the complexity of this skin, it is amazing to me how well it works. Again, well done on this awesome skin.

- butchabay - 2011-10-12

1. Don't use up parent folder, have to take a look.
2. Not skin related, as get artwork button runs the script and the skin has no more control. Anyway i'm going to take a look aswell.

- rshieldsr - 2011-10-12

butchabay Wrote:Could you post a screenshot of simplicity's tvshow logo view? cirrus extended has TVLogo Righlist View and TVLogo (which shows only the logo and Fanart) until you're going to press "UP" for Info. (So i hope you have enabled all the views in Skin Settings) Smile

Yea, I have found those views, and they are very good and very close to what I am looking for already. But the I don't prefer the right list view simply b/c I prefer horizontal scrolling views. The existing Logo Slide view is also very nice but I would prefer that it show a bit more information (of highest importance to me is the episodes/unwatched count).

So, here is a screenshot of the Logo Slide view from Simplicity and IMHO this is just about the perfect balance of showing lots of informaiton while still seeing a lot of the background fanart.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/571/simplogoslide.png/

Note that everything (scrolling plot window, the logos themselves, weather 7 clock, everything) has a fully transparent background which gives a really slick look and maximizes view of the background art. The episode count is readily visible right above the selected show logo (which I like as opposed to having it on the other side of the screen as with some views -- on a large TV I have to physically move my eyes from the show logo to the episode count as I scroll through each show).

Also note the Shortcuts option in the bottom right along with the visual cue to use the down arrow to access it. This is available in most screens and brings up a convenient little menu as seen in these two screenshots. In Simplicity, I do not think this menu is customizable, but it is still pretty handy. If it were customizable it would be even better. This is a separate topic from the view I am requesting, but I threw it in b/c I think it is a handy feature that might be considered for future versions of Cirrus Extended.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/40/simpscmenu.png/
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/838/simpscmenu2.png/

And as a final request, I like the TV Guide view in this next screenshot MUCH better than CE2's current one (in fact the CE2 TV Guide view is the only thing I have found that I really dislike about this skin). Is this view customizable in ways I haven't yet discovered?

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/13/simptvg.png/

Sorry for the length of this post, but I wanted to get all my comments/requests in at one wack. Thanks again, and again, and again for such an great skin.

- PatrickBateman - 2011-10-13

Hey butch,

Sorry I've not been around of late... I'm still having AVR issues and it's driving me mad! I'm currently without one what so ever and looking at 2k for a replacement to what I need it to do.

That aside, I finally got around to testing 2.0.6 and wow is it fast! Great work indeed. Love the new look and feel but found a few niggles I thought I'd mention...

1- On the home screen horizontal menu, the White lines that highlight the top and bottom of the horizontal menu are off... The top White line (on the horizontal menu) is slightly to low? It has some of the black background leaking out by a few pixels above it... More than the lower White line does.. I can post a screen to demonstrate if That is not clear Smile

2- can you Remove 1 or 2 items in recently movie list etc as it causes an unwanted moving of the text when highlighted... Would it not be better to have it similar to favourites where there is less items but a better fit. Perhaps removing the first and last entry and following the same highlight method as the favourites menu.

3- This is a strange one... The Default (Tron) movie wallpaper is displaying when a movie has no fan art (even after I have set my own wallpapers and backgrounds).... However it's only doing this in the recently added menu? as in the actual "movie" menu when a movie with no fanart is selected displays the current wallpaper... I think I preferred it when movies with no fanart displayed a blank screen.

4- Now this one is a real ugly one... "TV Shows" window in fan art view changes position when entering a tv series to view seasons it on a season level... It was previously in the same place for all fanart views and held consistency throughout (and was also probably very good for dirty regions) please can this be relocated to where it was previously so that the window is in the same place for all three views in fan art view?

Other than that, so far it's good. Very fast, very good options and loving the new look.. Noticed the clock had changed too which is nice Nod

Keep up the good work, sorry for not being around as much but thought I'd let you know my thoughts before I go mental trying to sort out my home cinema Nod

Green Texture - SamHill - 2011-10-13

I have experimented some, and ended up creating a green Texture. I have changed a few of the background colors, the default folders and even the Cirrus Extended logo in the top left of the Setting page.

If anyone wants to use it, the file is located here.

http://www.mediafire.com/?om7e39qffdraq9k

- butchabay - 2011-10-13

rshieldsr Wrote:Yea, I have found those views, and they are very good and very close to what I am looking for already. But the I don't prefer the right list view simply b/c I prefer horizontal scrolling views. The existing Logo Slide view is also very nice but I would prefer that it show a bit more information (of highest importance to me is the episodes/unwatched count).

So, here is a screenshot of the Logo Slide view from Simplicity and IMHO this is just about the perfect balance of showing lots of informaiton while still seeing a lot of the background fanart.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/571/simplogoslide.png/

Note that everything (scrolling plot window, the logos themselves, weather 7 clock, everything) has a fully transparent background which gives a really slick look and maximizes view of the background art. The episode count is readily visible right above the selected show logo (which I like as opposed to having it on the other side of the screen as with some views -- on a large TV I have to physically move my eyes from the show logo to the episode count as I scroll through each show).

Also note the Shortcuts option in the bottom right along with the visual cue to use the down arrow to access it. This is available in most screens and brings up a convenient little menu as seen in these two screenshots. In Simplicity, I do not think this menu is customizable, but it is still pretty handy. If it were customizable it would be even better. This is a separate topic from the view I am requesting, but I threw it in b/c I think it is a handy feature that might be considered for future versions of Cirrus Extended.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/40/simpscmenu.png/
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/838/simpscmenu2.png/

And as a final request, I like the TV Guide view in this next screenshot MUCH better than CE2's current one (in fact the CE2 TV Guide view is the only thing I have found that I really dislike about this skin). Is this view customizable in ways I haven't yet discovered?

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/13/simptvg.png/

Sorry for the length of this post, but I wanted to get all my comments/requests in at one wack. Thanks again, and again, and again for such an great skin.

Hi,
So maybe i can improve the logo view with more infos, but i don't think i'll port the simplicity view, as cirrus should keep his own style. I'll see what i can do and post some screenshots. Don't expect it in near future, as i want first finish up my working list.
The additional menu is a great idea indeed, maybe one day this could be an option in cirrus extended ...
The TV Guide won't be anymore in the next update, as tv show next aired has his own style now, i'm going to change the textures for cirrus extended v2.

- butchabay - 2011-10-13

PatrickBateman Wrote:Hey butch,

Sorry I've not been around of late... I'm still having AVR issues and it's driving me mad! I'm currently without one what so ever and looking at 2k for a replacement to what I need it to do.

That aside, I finally got around to testing 2.0.6 and wow is it fast! Great work indeed. Love the new look and feel but found a few niggles I thought I'd mention...

1- On the home screen horizontal menu, the White lines that highlight the top and bottom of the horizontal menu are off... The top White line (on the horizontal menu) is slightly to low? It has some of the black background leaking out by a few pixels above it... More than the lower White line does.. I can post a screen to demonstrate if That is not clear Smile

2- can you Remove 1 or 2 items in recently movie list etc as it causes an unwanted moving of the text when highlighted... Would it not be better to have it similar to favourites where there is less items but a better fit. Perhaps removing the first and last entry and following the same highlight method as the favourites menu.

3- This is a strange one... The Default (Tron) movie wallpaper is displaying when a movie has no fan art (even after I have set my own wallpapers and backgrounds).... However it's only doing this in the recently added menu? as in the actual "movie" menu when a movie with no fanart is selected displays the current wallpaper... I think I preferred it when movies with no fanart displayed a blank screen.

4- Now this one is a real ugly one... "TV Shows" window in fan art view changes position when entering a tv series to view seasons it on a season level... It was previously in the same place for all fanart views and held consistency throughout (and was also probably very good for dirty regions) please can this be relocated to where it was previously so that the window is in the same place for all three views in fan art view?

Other than that, so far it's good. Very fast, very good options and loving the new look.. Noticed the clock had changed too which is nice Nod

Keep up the good work, sorry for not being around as much but thought I'd let you know my thoughts before I go mental trying to sort out my home cinema Nod

Hi Pat,

1. I assume you mean the menu bar in light theme, yes the shadow is not under the lines and that's how i wanted it.

2. I'll see what i can do, i'm still not happy how it looks.

3. A blank screen was removed as a lot of peaple don't like it, specially people that don't use library mode. It goes to pick default movie fanart when no fanart is shown. It's not possible to have a multi image as fallback.

4. It's intentional, i have much more space in season level and wanted to fill the empty spaces with a bigger fanart window. I like it btw Smile
I'll see if i can do it in another way ...

Cheers

- butchabay - 2011-10-13

SamHill Wrote:I have experimented some, and ended up creating a green Texture. I have changed a few of the background colors, the default folders and even the Cirrus Extended logo in the top left of the Setting page.

If anyone wants to use it, the file is located here.

http://www.mediafire.com/?om7e39qffdraq9k

Nice one mate Smile Something really different. Going to implement it in 2.07 !

Cheers

- SamHill - 2011-10-13

I am running the SVN Darhma with the default theme, and noticed that when I go to the movie page and press up twice, the top ten movies pull up as normal, but the movie names dont show up. Any idea what I did to make that happen.

- PatrickBateman - 2011-10-13

Sam, I get this problem too, however I think it's due to the list being generated or pulled down as you enter the list... For example this only happens to me when I enter the recently added section immediately after highlighting movies... If I wait 2 or 3 seconds then go in, all is ok.?

I think it's just pulling a lot of info and needs a second or 2.. At least on my weak little revo, giving it 1 or 2 seconds before entering resolves the issue.

I'm sure butch can do sonething though Smile

@butch..

Yea tv shows window needs to go back to all windows being the same, in that case, can't you place the top level window in the same location as the series and episode window... Or move the codec flags else where and push the series and episode window in line with top level... It's a very ugly and jerky and inconsistent change, very unlike you to to do something so out of character Laugh

Default wallpaper... Hmm,, what can I do to fix this then? Currently I have my own movies wallpaper set, however it's ignored when I highlight a movie in recently added? It displays torn? Confusing... When I go into movies, films with no fanart show MY wallpaper? Can the black screen not be added as an option or a default setting? I hate looking at a movie with no fanart nd seeing torn?

The same is happening for music... But worse, as with music with no fanart, it is flashing up my custom wallpaper, then quickly adding to some girl with headphones? Why? This is very distracting and looks awful? Sad I'm confused why this was forced as it is not a nice change. When I select a song in featured songs with no fanart, it will change from previous fanart of artist, to my default wallpaper and quicky to a girl with headphones when I hover over a artist with no fan art?? Very distracting...

Horizontal lines, cool if it's mention to be like that, but the lines are not equal? The shadow looks bigger on the top line than on the bottom one as is distracting, even my other half noticed it and she is usually blind as a bat Smile

Also, I've noticed a cirrus ex wallpaper flash ip on occasion in the fanart window? But I've no idea how/where/when I saw it and what I was doing...

Amazing work overall though, the speed is a huge improvment, but the asthetics are a tad worse imo... Im going to drop back to 2.0.5 for the moment as I think it looks neater overall.

Looking forward to 2.07 for Eden though, I think that will be my next big upgrade and hopefully I'll have my AVR sorted by then Shocked

Fingers crossed..

Again, keep up the amazing work and so grateful for everything you do! You are an absolute legend bro x Big Grin