Kodi Community Forum
[MOD] Cirrus Extended v2 - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: Cirrus Extended (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=133)
+----- Thread: [MOD] Cirrus Extended v2 (/showthread.php?tid=102066)

- htpc guy - 2011-11-14

Yohan Wrote:I noticed two small errors in the Rightview-screen

When choosing movie-information in Rightlist view, the movietitle is not displayed anymore while the star ranking is.
Also there's a piece of a bitmap shown on the left side of the screen. My Rightlist View is modded, but this is also the case in the unmodded Eden-version. I guess the latter is due to my screen calibration (however I just calibrated my screen)

I think you have some underscan issues. Go to the settings/screen calibration setting and make some adjustments.

ViewsRightlist mod - Yohan - 2011-11-14

Here another small cosmetical mod I made to the RightlistView, where the duration is now shown next to the star rating.

@htpc guy: I presume it has something to do with the screen settings though I just did the calibration. Will redo then, thanx
The screen display is fine though, only the screenshots aren't.

- PatrickBateman - 2011-11-14

htpc guy Wrote:I think you have some underscan issues. Go to the settings/screen calibration setting and make some adjustments.

Yea,

I agree with HTPC_guy there is defo under-scan issue with that screen. There is a definite perimeter around the screen ...

@Yohan
I think the missing text bug was reported a long time ago as I previously suffered from this issue, and am sure it was put down to an xbmc issue rather than a skin issue... IIRC ... I believe it's only apparent when a file is playing or when a file was selected to play... There should be posts about this from me in this thread... It was answered back then (could be anywhere thou as it was ages ago) Smile

Edit:
Screen shot from back in May... Im Sure the end result was that this was an xbmc issue and not skin related...
http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=807901&postcount=206

Yea not all mods/edits need to go in, but the wonderful thing about this skin (and it's community) (IMO) is that many people help in many ways, some help script, some help with graphics, some help code and some give feedback, test, find bugs and provide ideas etc... However not all can code or feel confident in editing files etc..

Therefore it's proactively encouraged for people to post edits/graphics/bugs/scripts etc and amazingly, butcha does an incredible job and spends a huge amount of his time, creating and crafting a wonderful skin, with an incredibly complex amount of features, and yet finds a way to display them in a simplistic an easy to understand manner that everyone can enjoy (not just those who know how)

I personally believe that it is those ethics that make this skin and butcha's work so universally appreciated Nod

- Yohan - 2011-11-14

PatrickBateman Wrote:Therefore it's proactively encouraged for people to post edits/graphics/bugs/scripts etc and amazingly, butcha does an incredible job and spends a huge amount of his time, creating and crafting a wonderful skin, with an incredibly complex amount of features, and yet finds a way to disllay them in a simplistic an easy to understand manner that everyone can enjoy (not just those who know how)
I personally believe that it is those ethics that make this skin and butcha's work so universally appreciated

Well I like to second this, I have a huge appreciation for all people who put that much effort and time in xbmc and the different skins and add-ons. I'd like to contribute where I can to make it even better. So a big thank you to you all from me. Smile

DialogVideoInfo MOD - Yohan - 2011-11-14

Yet another mod I did with the DialogVideoInfo screen.

Whereas the Cirrus screens are well organised, the VideoInfo screen can still use some structure I think. And as a former Aeon Nox user, I still love their well organised infoscreen.
So I basically adopted the Nox xml file to fit in Cirrus Ex. I must say I'm quite happy with the result.
The submenu scrolls while moving left or right and the plot menu-item also toggles with the actors thumblisting.

- Yohan - 2011-11-14

PatrickBateman Wrote:I think the missing text bug was reported a long time ago as I previously suffered from this issue, and am sure it was put down to an xbmc issue rather than a skin issue.
In fact it doesn't bother me that much, if it's a reported bug it will be dealt with in some future relase, thx.

@butch

On the return of the Original dialog box any chance you could pop a gradient on the left hand side of the white highlight.

At the moment it's currently fades out toward the right, is possible to fade it in from the left too. This would give a very similar look and feel to the "light" menu option on the home screen Nod

Also, on the home screen (where the clock/date currently is) could that black horizontal bar have a gradient/transparency added to it's lower half. Currently it has a gradient/transparency on it's top half and would look more uniform if it had it on both... Does that make sense Laugh

@Yohan,
Cool...

Personally I love the new Cirrus Movie info menu now that it has been edited, however, I'm sure butcha would consider incorporating any edits you've made into a new "theme" if you knock up a complete theme.

A few folk on here have created themes and if you arrange all the things you have done, I'm sure butch would consider at adding it as a theme... I'm trying to finish off my stone theme (not enough hours in the day and too many bugs popping up in my system) Laugh but I'm sure if you create a few edits, changes etc butch would consider it all as a new "CiNox" theme or something similar Smile

@butch
Any chance you'd be able to add an option to remove the "now playing info" (on the home screen) for the currently playing video?

I think you did this for the dream scene stuff and I'd like to clean my home screen when movies/videos are playing (music now playing is awesome so that's perfect) but for movies it's a tad untidy and an option to clean would be great (if possible)

That said, I know how much you've got on so it's not an essential addition just if you ever get the time bro Smile

I'm gonna add some files to my directory tomorrow to play with the new features... And will report back with my findings Nod

- butchabay - 2011-11-14

Just to be clear on some points of view:

1. Everyone here is free to post their own mods, but i simply say that not every little mod can be integrated.
2. My first priority is to bring my ideas and fix every bug in cev2
3. Integrating new features will have a higher priority than requests.
4. Latest version of Dharma will be 2.07 after that no support.

@Yohan
The rightlist view is one of the largest code and i couldn't find the bug you mentioned. The only thing i can think of is that rightlist view has several conditions, Movies, TVShows, Seasons and episode level. When i get time i want to separate them and see if the bug still persists, as in music rightlist view this bug isn't visible.

- butchabay - 2011-11-14

ialand Wrote:Actually, could you put up the Dharma in the SVN repository too?? Just tag it Dharma Only! SVN??

I don't think it's possible and i'm not the one the manages the xbmc passion repo! It's not just a tag, but a complete different skin.

Use tortoise svn or just wait until 2.07 is released.

- butchabay - 2011-11-14

Yohan Wrote:Yet another mod I did with the DialogVideoInfo screen.

Whereas the Cirrus screens are well organised, the VideoInfo screen can still use some structure I think. And as a former Aeon Nox user, I still love their well organised infoscreen.
So I basically adopted the Nox xml file to fit in Cirrus Ex. I must say I'm quite happy with the result.
The submenu scrolls while moving left or right and the plot menu-item also toggles with the actors thumblisting.

I always liked the aeon info screen, but just copy it one to one it's not really ideal. But must agree it looks nice Smile

I think cirrus has potential to grow in it's esthetic, but my gfx skills are about 0 ...

- snipah - 2011-11-14

Hi butchabay!

I'm using Cirrus V2 SVN-Version from the pasion-repo with pre-Eden. Everything is working fine now, but I have a script-error when returning to home screen after playing a movie or tv-show.

Code:
00:40:59 T:2883578736   DEBUG: Python thread: start processing
00:40:59 T:2883578736  NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
00:40:59 T:2883578736   DEBUG: Process - The source file to load is /home/xbmc/.xbmc/addons/script.watchlist/default.py
00:40:59 T:2883578736   DEBUG: Process - Setting the Python path to /home/xbmc/.xbmc/addons/script.watchlist:/home/xbmc/.xbmc/addons/script.module.demjson/$
00:40:59 T:2883578736   DEBUG: Process - Entering source directory /home/xbmc/.xbmc/addons/script.watchlist
00:40:59 T:2883578736   DEBUG: Instantiating addon using automatically obtained id of "script.watchlist" dependent on version 2.0 of the xbmc.python api
00:40:59 T:2883578736   DEBUG: script.watchlist: script version 0.0.4 started
00:40:59 T:2883578736   DEBUG: script.watchlist: ### json query
00:40:59 T:2883578736   DEBUG: Connecting to sqlite:/home/xbmc/.xbmc/userdata/Database/:MyVideos57.db
00:40:59 T:2883578736   DEBUG: RunQuery took 19 ms for 241 items query: select * from movieview
00:40:59 T:2883578736   DEBUG: Connecting to sqlite:/home/xbmc/.xbmc/userdata/Database/:MyVideos57.db
00:41:00 T:2883578736   DEBUG: script.watchlist: ### load response
00:41:00 T:2883578736    INFO: -->Python script returned the following error<--
00:41:00 T:2883578736   ERROR: Error Type: <type 'exceptions.ValueError'>
00:41:00 T:2883578736   ERROR: Error Contents: Expecting property name: line 1 column 2929 (char 2929)
00:41:00 T:2883578736   ERROR: Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "/home/xbmc/.xbmc/addons/script.watchlist/default.py", line 183, in <module>
                                                Main()
                                              File "/home/xbmc/.xbmc/addons/script.watchlist/default.py", line 18, in __init__
                                                self._fetch_movies()
                                              File "/home/xbmc/.xbmc/addons/script.watchlist/default.py", line 34, in _fetch_movies
                                                json_response = simplejson.loads(json_query)
                                              File "/home/xbmc/.xbmc/addons/script.module.simplejson/lib/simplejson/__init__.py", line 307, in loads
                                                return _default_decoder.decode(s)
                                              File "/home/xbmc/.xbmc/addons/script.module.simplejson/lib/simplejson/decoder.py", line 335, in decode
                                                obj, end = self.raw_decode(s, idx=_w(s, 0).end())
                                              File "/home/xbmc/.xbmc/addons/script.module.simplejson/lib/simplejson/decoder.py", line 351, in raw_decode
                                                obj, end = self.scan_once(s, idx)
                                              File "/home/xbmc/.xbmc/addons/script.module.simplejson/lib/simplejson/scanner.py", line 36, in _scan_once
                                                return parse_object((string, idx + 1), encoding, strict, _scan_once, object_hook)
                                              File "/home/xbmc/.xbmc/addons/script.module.simplejson/lib/simplejson/decoder.py", line 185, in JSONObject
                                                value, end = scan_once(s, end)
                                              File "/home/xbmc/.xbmc/addons/script.module.simplejson/lib/simplejson/scanner.py", line 36, in _scan_once
                                                return parse_object((string, idx + 1), encoding, strict, _scan_once, object_hook)
                                              File "/home/xbmc/.xbmc/addons/script.module.simplejson/lib/simplejson/decoder.py", line 185, in JSONObject
                                              File "/home/xbmc/.xbmc/addons/script.module.simplejson/lib/simplejson/scanner.py", line 38, in _scan_once
                                                return parse_array((string, idx + 1), _scan_once)
                                              File "/home/xbmc/.xbmc/addons/script.module.simplejson/lib/simplejson/decoder.py", line 235, in JSONArray
                                              File "/home/xbmc/.xbmc/addons/script.module.simplejson/lib/simplejson/decoder.py", line 217, in JSONObject
                                                raise ValueError(errmsg("Expecting property name", s, end - 1))
                                            ValueError: Expecting property name: line 1 column 2929 (char 2929)
00:41:00 T:2883578736    INFO: -->End of Python script error report<--
00:41:00 T:2883578736    INFO: Python script stopped
00:41:00 T:2883578736   DEBUG: Thread XBPyThread 2883578736 terminating
00:41:00 T:9462064   DEBUG: waiting for python thread 8 to stop
00:41:00 T:9462064   DEBUG: python thread 8 destructed

What is the reason for the script-error? The script itself? My database or maybe the skin? Could you help me? Do you need additional information?

Kind regards,
snipah
Did I do something wrong? do you need more info?

- butchabay - 2011-11-14

snipah Wrote:Hi butchabay!

I'm using Cirrus V2 SVN-Version from the pasion-repo with pre-Eden. Everything is working fine now, but I have a script-error when returning to home screen after playing a movie or tv-show.

Code:
00:40:59 T:2883578736   DEBUG: Python thread: start processing
00:40:59 T:2883578736  NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
00:40:59 T:2883578736   DEBUG: Process - The source file to load is /home/xbmc/.xbmc/addons/script.watchlist/default.py
00:40:59 T:2883578736   DEBUG: Process - Setting the Python path to /home/xbmc/.xbmc/addons/script.watchlist:/home/xbmc/.xbmc/addons/script.module.demjson/$
00:40:59 T:2883578736   DEBUG: Process - Entering source directory /home/xbmc/.xbmc/addons/script.watchlist
00:40:59 T:2883578736   DEBUG: Instantiating addon using automatically obtained id of "script.watchlist" dependent on version 2.0 of the xbmc.python api
00:40:59 T:2883578736   DEBUG: script.watchlist: ### json query
00:40:59 T:2883578736   DEBUG: RunQuery took 19 ms for 241 items query: select * from movieview
00:41:00 T:2883578736   DEBUG: script.watchlist: ### load response
00:41:00 T:2883578736    INFO: -->Python script returned the following error<--
00:41:00 T:2883578736   ERROR: Error Type: <type 'exceptions.ValueError'>
00:41:00 T:2883578736   ERROR: Error Contents: Expecting property name: line 1 column 2929 (char 2929)
00:41:00 T:2883578736   ERROR: Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "/home/xbmc/.xbmc/addons/script.watchlist/default.py", line 183, in <module>
                                                Main()
                                              File "/home/xbmc/.xbmc/addons/script.watchlist/default.py", line 18, in __init__
                                                self._fetch_movies()
                                              File "/home/xbmc/.xbmc/addons/script.watchlist/default.py", line 34, in _fetch_movies
                                                json_response = simplejson.loads(json_query)
                                              File "/home/xbmc/.xbmc/addons/script.module.simplejson/lib/simplejson/__init__.py", line 307, in loads
                                                return _default_decoder.decode(s)
                                              File "/home/xbmc/.xbmc/addons/script.module.simplejson/lib/simplejson/decoder.py", line 335, in decode
                                                obj, end = self.raw_decode(s, idx=_w(s, 0).end())
                                              File "/home/xbmc/.xbmc/addons/script.module.simplejson/lib/simplejson/decoder.py", line 351, in raw_decode
                                                obj, end = self.scan_once(s, idx)
                                              File "/home/xbmc/.xbmc/addons/script.module.simplejson/lib/simplejson/scanner.py", line 38, in _scan_once
                                                return parse_array((string, idx + 1), _scan_once)
                                              File "/home/xbmc/.xbmc/addons/script.module.simplejson/lib/simplejson/decoder.py", line 235, in JSONArray
                                              File "/home/xbmc/.xbmc/addons/script.module.simplejson/lib/simplejson/decoder.py", line 217, in JSONObject
                                                raise ValueError(errmsg("Expecting property name", s, end - 1))
                                            ValueError: Expecting property name: line 1 column 2929 (char 2929)
00:41:00 T:2883578736    INFO: -->End of Python script error report<--
00:41:00 T:2883578736    INFO: Python script stopped
00:41:00 T:2883578736   DEBUG: Thread XBPyThread 2883578736 terminating
00:41:00 T:9462064   DEBUG: waiting for python thread 8 to stop
00:41:00 T:9462064   DEBUG: python thread 8 destructed

What is the reason for the script-error? The script itself? My database or maybe the skin? Could you help me? Do you need additional information?

Kind regards,
snipah
Did I do something wrong? do you need more info?

You'll need script.watchlist, get it here: https://ronie.googlecode.com/files/script.watchlist-0.0.4.zip

- ialand - 2011-11-14

butchabay Wrote:Use tortoise svn or just wait until 2.07 is released.
Little guidance on installing that under Live would be appreciated (is not a highly techy person) Big Grin

- el_Paraguayo - 2011-11-14

butchabay Wrote:You'll need script.watchlist, get it here: https://ronie.googlecode.com/files/script.watchlist-0.0.4.zip

Butcha, looks like it is already installed:

Code:

This may probably better posted in the thread for that script (I've not been following the development of this so can't point you to it).

From what I can tell, it looks like the JSON decoder doesn't like the information being passed to it...