Kodi Community Forum
[MOD] Cirrus Extended v2 - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: Cirrus Extended (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=133)
+----- Thread: [MOD] Cirrus Extended v2 (/showthread.php?tid=102066)

- butchabay - 2011-12-16

Xbmc devs are not going to make translations, this has been already mentioned in several threads and if there are translations to do for scripts or addons just contact the autors and ask for them.

- dangerFlakes - 2011-12-16

@butchabay,
Have you checked out/considered adding support for the Icefilms plugin?

A major release is about to be deployed before the end of the year that will support posters, fanart, and all the meta info for most content.

Here's a link to the alpha testing repo: https://github.com/downloads/Eldorados/icefilms-addon/repository.icefilms.testing-1.0.0.zip

It already looks great with Cirrus Extended, but I normally have to change views depending on the folder level, and what looks best. For example, the list of categories looks best in Right List, but once you get to the content it looks best in the Low List view.

Give it a whirl when you have a chance if you havent already.

Also, thanks for the amazing skin! Its the only one I install on any XBMC machine anymore.

- butchabay - 2011-12-16

@dangerFlakes
Not yet tested, but let me understand, you have to switch views everytime you enter the addon? If yes there is nothing i can do. If i get time i'll take a look anyway and see how it works.

- dangerFlakes - 2011-12-16

butchabay Wrote:@dangerFlakes
Not yet tested, but let me understand, you have to switch views everytime you enter the addon? If yes there is nothing i can do. If i get time I'll take a look anyway and see how it works.

No not everytime, but the way it works is that you have to basically drill down to get to the content, once you set it for that specific path, it stays forever, but if you go to the next show or movie, you have to re set it because its a different path (or it forks at one of the levels).

For Example, I have my default view as Right list which works great for the first couple of levels of the plugin, TV Shows > Popular
But once you get to the show lists, it looks much better to be in a different view, like the Low List, so you can see the poster, fan art, and a synopsis, then when you click a show, the seasons are listed, then click a season and the episodes are listed, you click that and a list of sources are provided.

So if I drilled down and set up the views exactly the way I wanted, it would always work for that Category, Show, Season, and Episode list. But say I go to a different show, or even a different season, it will go back to the default.

It's mostly a preference thing, and its really hard to describe. Once you try it out, you'll probably understand what I'm trying to say better than I can describe.

- butchabay - 2011-12-16

@dangerFlakes
You're description is clear enough, but i don't think i can do something about, else you find a skin that handles icefilms in a different way i could take a look. I think basically it's how the addon is coded and returns to a default view when you choose a new content.

- TheHazel3yes - 2011-12-16

Nimo Wrote:thx butcha, it works fine and looks great. and now i use backrgounds from xbmcnerds in orange with orange skin setting - i love it. CE2 Background

These files are great! Do you think it'd be possible for the creator to make (me) another games fanart? I'm using classic emulators only and do not like the creatures on the stock fanart, so I did a little search and found this: http://www.geekwallpapers.com/desktops/retro-nintendo-controller-1920-x-1200.jpg
I tried to alter the colors to get a similar result, but it kinda lacks the black dirty edges the other files have, so I'd really be thankful if you could ask the creator of these files to do another quick job. Smile

Btw: Einen schönen Gruß aus der Alpenrepublik! Wink

- snipah - 2011-12-17

Hi butchabay,

I recently switched from Nox to CE2 on pre-Eden.

One thing bothers me: The Vevo-Plugin works great in Nox, but produces a script-error on my setup in CE2 on Ubuntu 11.04.

Code:
ERROR: Error Type: <type 'exceptions.TypeError'>
23:00:32 T:2469624688   ERROR: Error Contents: 'NoneType' object is not subscriptable
23:00:32 T:2469624688   ERROR: Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "/home/xbmc/.xbmc/addons/plugin.video.vevo/default.py", line 578, in <module>
                                                listCategories()
                                              File "/home/xbmc/.xbmc/addons/plugin.video.vevo/default.py", line 26, in listCategories
                                                logedin = login_cookie()
                                              File "/home/xbmc/.xbmc/addons/plugin.video.vevo/default.py", line 525, in login_cookie
                                                token = tree.find(attrs={'name':'__RequestVerificationToken'})['value']
                                            TypeError: 'NoneType' object is not subscriptable
23:00:32 T:9807680   ERROR: GetDirectory - Error getting plugin://plugin.video.vevo
23:00:32 T:9807680   ERROR: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory(plugin://plugin.video.vevo) failed

- butchabay - 2011-12-17

snipah Wrote:Hi butchabay,

One thing bothers me: The Vevo-Plugin works great in Nox, but produces a script-error on my setup in CE2 on Ubuntu 11.04.

Code:
23:00:32 T:2469624688   ERROR: Error Contents: 'NoneType' object is not subscriptable
                                              File "/home/xbmc/.xbmc/addons/plugin.video.vevo/default.py", line 578, in <module>
                                                listCategories()
                                              File "/home/xbmc/.xbmc/addons/plugin.video.vevo/default.py", line 26, in listCategories
                                                logedin = login_cookie()
                                              File "/home/xbmc/.xbmc/addons/plugin.video.vevo/default.py", line 525, in login_cookie
23:00:32 T:9807680   ERROR: GetDirectory - Error getting plugin://plugin.video.vevo
23:00:32 T:9807680   ERROR: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory(plugin://plugin.video.vevo) failed

May i ask which version of cev2 ? 2.06 or 2.07 SVN ?

- snipah - 2011-12-17

butchabay Wrote:May i ask which version of cev2 ? 2.06 or 2.07 SVN ?

...2.07 from the passion-repo.

- butchabay - 2011-12-17

snipah Wrote:...2.07 from the passion-repo.

Will take a look this weekend.

- el_Paraguayo - 2011-12-17

snipah Wrote:Hi butchabay,

Code:
                                                listCategories()
                                                logedin = login_cookie()

I might take a look too as I'm a bit confused how the skin could be responsible for the TypeError generated by the script.

- butchabay - 2011-12-17

The problem is not skin related, but some scripts like vimeo or youtube have several problems if other scripts are running in the background, aka next aired, tvtunes etc.
Big_Noid solved it by making a hack in the skin code, i've done it too but it seems i've overseen something. It's clear that these issue have to be solved by xbmc and not hacking the skin code.

- Martijn - 2011-12-17

butchabay Wrote:The problem is not skin related, but some scripts like vimeo or youtube have several problems if other scripts are running in the background, aka next aired, tvtunes etc.
Big_Noid solved it by making a hack in the skin code, i've done it too but it seems i've overseen something. It's clear that these issue have to be solved by xbmc and not hacking the skin code.

There had been a commit i think just before they stopped making nightly build so maybe the last one did solve this.

- butchabay - 2011-12-17

Martijn Wrote:There had been a commit i think just before they stopped making nightly build so maybe the last one did solve this.

You mean the bug with youtube, tvtunes, next aired is fixed?
I'll try it out this evening.

- Martijn - 2011-12-17

butchabay Wrote:You mean the bug with youtube, tvtunes, next aired is fixed?
I'll try it out this evening.

Ticket by Big Noid:
http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/12284

Mine is still open:
http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/12282