Kodi Community Forum
[MOD] Cirrus Extended v2 - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: Cirrus Extended (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=133)
+----- Thread: [MOD] Cirrus Extended v2 (/showthread.php?tid=102066)

- PatrickBateman - 2011-05-31

butchabay Wrote:That was the initial idea of cirrus extended, and then came Patrick LaughLaughLaugh

just kidding mate ...

I have everything on the 2nd post of this thread. So i can just switch to mark some priority points and remove or red marks to do when all, or most bugs are fixed.

Keep in mind that 50% of bugs that are fixed, where already in original cirrus ...

So everyone who can help us out to make this skin bugfree is more than welcome.

lil ole me Shocked what did i do Wink

I think that by squashing bugs and adding new (optional of course) features we have, without a doubt, got a great community spirit going on here. I love how excited people are getting and the ideas that are being discussed. I just cant get enough o this skin and what butcha is doing. Its become an addiction :-)

Bugs are being reported in a very short period of time, meaning the users are taking an interest and reporting back on issues asap and with resonable detail. I think a big reason for this, is butchas ability to fix/add and adapt the skin so quickly and efficently. I think that if users feel they have contributed to the skin in some way, they will invest more time and effort into the skin in the long run, and thats a huge positive. Butcha's current structure/model really does embrace that, and i for 1 welcome that, its very refreshing!

This skin is loved by all who use it, and i, personally love hearing other peoples ideas, its a great source of creativity and inspiration.
Butcha has a fatastic eye for detail and i dont think he will ever compromise the look and feel of the skin just to add a new feature... God knows he has said no to me a few times Wink

I do agree that bugs should be squashed as a matter of priority, however, other than that i dont think there should be a pecking order.

If a style change comes along that truly enhances the skins ability to function, then that should be added as soon as possible, and in same cases before some other non essential bugs can be fixed.

I'd much rather have the skin look, feel and function incredibly well, and have a few bugs to deal with. Than it lack style and substance but be bug free...

This is fast becoming one of the most active threads on the forum and for all the right reasons.
Its all butchas fault anyway... for being so dam good at what he does ;-)

- el_Paraguayo - 2011-05-31

PatrickBateman Wrote:I do agree that bugs should be squashed as a matter of priority, however, other than that i dont think there should be a pecking order.

If a style change comes along that truly enhances the skins ability to function, then that should be added as soon as possible, and in same cases before some other non essential bugs can be fixed.

Couldn't agree more.

My point around the style is that it can start to get very personal (e.g. strikethrough for watched items - again, not picking on you Rob!).

My view was that Butcha should have the say on stylistic changes - he's done a fantastic job so far, so I have full confidence in what he does and does not implement.

If Butcha chooses not to implement a change then people can ask for help from the community if they're not familiar with skinning. e.g. I'd help Rob with the strikethrough for watched items if Butcha doesn't include in his skin.

- butchabay - 2011-05-31

I never said i'll not integrate this or that ... It's just a question if i can do it. I'm not a skinner, by modding this skin i've learned a lot. Remembering that crookas took as base confluence and did an amazing skin, so if there was no cirrus, cirrus extended never has been realised! To not forget all the mods that where inside before cirrus extended was born. Also malexx did a grandious job. I've started with views for advanced launcher for aeon, and now i'm here with a skin that supports pvr fully! As said every idea and everyones help is really more than welcome!
The default watched overlays while playing a video is on my todo list. So Rob no worry i'll have it for the next update. At the beginning of cirrus extended we decided to stop integrate new features, options, new views if it will affect the performance of the skin, untill then all the nice ideas and requests will be integrated in ce v2.

Ha ha. I wish I'd never said anything now - I was just trying to help by making sure you weren't swamped by too many requests!

But if you're willing, then do everything !! Laugh

And if you need help, just ask.

- torsteinvh - 2011-05-31

butchabay Wrote:So everyone who can help us out to make this skin bugfree is more than welcome.
Did you have a chance to look at what I reported in post 155?
http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=806223&postcount=155

'Hide Fanart' in the various TV Shows views doesn't seem to work. Tried deleting guisettings.xml, but didn't help. Occurs both on PC and on ATV2.

Screenshots in original post.

- butchabay - 2011-05-31

el_Paraguayo Wrote:Ha ha. I wish I'd never said anything now - I was just trying to help by making sure you weren't swamped by too many requests!

But if you're willing, then do everything !! Laugh

And if you need help, just ask.

Smile thanx ... You did something to show next 10 tracks on home while playing music?

- rob87 - 2011-05-31

butchabay Wrote:You don't like the new watched overlay in Fanart View ? Or which view are you talking about ?

The watched overlay is only active in list and rightlist view. i haven`t seen this before. looks good!

But i`ve found a bug in the Music library. In the german translation the words "Musik - Datenbank" and "alben, interpreten..." overlap eachother.

- butchabay - 2011-05-31

Rob, thanx i'll take an overall look now that german strings are done.

butchabay Wrote:Smile thanx ... You did something to show next 10 tracks on home while playing music?
I've redone the Now Playing on my machine to show the next 5 tracks (10 seems a bit excessive to me).

I'm just setting up a plain version of 2.02 and I'll have a go at adding:
1) Weather fanart
2) next 10 tracks
3) Artist fanart on home page when music playing (I've got this in my mod of 2.02 already)
4) Fixing the rightlist bug (if possible)

el_Paraguayo Wrote:I've redone the Now Playing on my machine to show the next 5 tracks (10 seems a bit excessive to me).

1) Weather fanart
2) next 10 tracks
3) Artist fanart on home page when music playing (I've got this in my mod of 2.02 already)

I do like the screenshot you posted of the new home screen music "next 5 tracks" section. I think it looks great and agree that it would look great as an option within the skin.

I am yet to add my music library to xbmc (it's a total mess) so I'm probably not going enjoy that new feature until I pull my finger out and fix that lot Confused

iTunes keeps my library in pretty good shape though, however, it seems xbmc doesn't like importing iTunes library No ive renamed it all via iTunes and added cover art etc but I'm just not ready to do all that again so soon Eek

After the next skin update, i think I'm also gonna reinstall windows and change to the imdb+RT scraper... Ive been experiencing a slow connection to the weather server on xbmc start up, slow access to trailers starting (up to 60 second delay) slow access to fanart and posters etc (up to sixty second delay before they appear)...

I assume while I've been stripping my windows box down to the bare bones, I've inadvertently borked something, nothing a fresh install won't solve Nod

- butchabay - 2011-05-31

I agree, 5 tracks should be enough. Great, thanx mate for your support! I'm going to work on my todo list and some bugfixes. Please mark with your name the changes you've done in the xml file so i can just copy paste if i'm working on the same xml. Thanx again ...

- butchabay - 2011-05-31

Pat,
You tried to delete your guisettings in appdata ? Backup the file first, and see if that helps.

el_Paraguayo Wrote:I've redone the Now Playing on my machine to show the next 5 tracks (10 seems a bit excessive to me).

1) Weather fanart
2) next 10 tracks

Quick update:

1) DONE:
2) I can still try to do something that fits in the ethos of the skin, with 5 tracks. My mod may not be in everyone's taste - and i'm not sure how to implement with the vertical menu. Would love people's comments
3) DONE:
4) Haven't looked yet - will do after 2).

Hey,

Not tired that yet... I'll do that before I re-Install though Big Grin

However, I'm pretty sure that it's either a service I've removed or some changes I have made within the console, as I was in the middle of creating a slim win7 for my acer revo and since my last batch of changes I've started experiencing this odd occasional slow down?

Once the initial connection is made, it's fine, it's just making the initial connection that causes a

I've removed and made changes to a huge amount of the OS to get it lite and although it uses alomost no resources now, Im pretty sure sure ive borked the network settings Laugh

If removing the gui.XML works though your in for a huge virtual "high 5" Big Grin

- butchabay - 2011-05-31

I just thought it could be a problem On slow down the skin, if guisettings are not refreshed with all the updates i've done, but if it's only the connection the i may think you're right. You tried windows lite? It's easy to setup and makes windows to your preference. Just google for it ...
Now a question to see if it's only me or a xbmc issue:
I have reinstalled from scratch xbmc 10.1, updated all my library about 270 Movies, now when i scroll through my movies in fanart view, it takes time to preload the covers, are you having the same problem? Never had this before, i hope it's not a skin issue ... Please let me know