Kodi Community Forum
[MOD] Cirrus Extended v2 - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: Cirrus Extended (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=133)
+----- Thread: [MOD] Cirrus Extended v2 (/showthread.php?tid=102066)

- N.O.W.A.L.L - 2011-12-31

wow!!!

excellent!

I will wait until tomorrow before installing it. I will have the hangover from the party tonight, I will be lazy and tired , it will be a perfect occupation for the first day of 2012!
Edit: Aww I see it is for Eden... then I'll have to install the Beta for Mac... double fun tomorrow!

- cd492 - 2011-12-31

Is there any difference between the 2.07 an the latest SVN 398 Butcha?

- butchabay - 2011-12-31

cd492 Wrote:Is there any difference between the 2.07 an the latest SVN 398 Butcha?

No, svn users can remain, i'll switch to 2.08 svn, you don't need to do anything.

- butchabay - 2011-12-31

N.O.W.A.L.L Wrote:wow!!!

excellent!

I will wait until tomorrow before installing it. I will have the hangover from the party tonight, I will be lazy and tired , it will be a perfect occupation for the first day of 2012!
Edit: Aww I see it is for Eden... then I'll have to install the Beta for Mac... double fun tomorrow!

Yep mate, the dharma version has not all the changes i've done, so i decided to keep only eden, it's hard and time consuming keeping both versions up to date.
Anyway i'll post the 2.07 dharma link later, but as said not all changes are done.

- vicmanpergar - 2011-12-31

Those screenshots are looking cool... passing days at parents but wanting to go back to check it out! lol
P.S.: pity i don't like Katy Perry, cos the pic is cool, he he

- TheHazel3yes - 2011-12-31

butchabay Wrote:I said i'll make an option to disable info on paused, there is still the option slim info and paused screen, and if people would read the posts i'm writing they would know that i wrote: i can post the old xml's if someone don't likes the new info screen. I'm putting a lot of my spare time into this, so if users don't like new stuff i've added they should leave and use the original cirrus.

I've gotta admit I dislike the new OSD too. With the old design it was soo easy to read the remaining runtime (Cirrus has been the only skin I'm aware of to use bigger letters), especially on a small 26" TV that's some meters away.
Could you please post the xml changes that are needed to get back the old OSD? Oh and if I had a wish free: make the old design optional. There are a lot other options on this skin that imho are far less needed, one more wouldn't hurt, would it?

- Nimo - 2011-12-31

@butcha: i see in your screenshot weather beside clock in vertical view. i use horizontal view and cant enable weather.i just disabled logos and buttons. but i have just the clock. what can i do to get weather? or should i install xbmc and cev2 clean? i updated the git versions until beta1. same with cev2.

- Muther - 2012-01-01

Nimo Wrote:@butcha: i see in your screenshot weather beside clock in vertical view. i use horizontal view and cant enable weather.i just disabled logos and buttons. but i have just the clock. what can i do to get weather? or should i install xbmc and cev2 clean? i updated the git versions until beta1. same with cev2.

Nimo, I think this is still on his to do list.... if you go to the first page of this thread he has the bug list and to do list displayed in the second post. Smile

- Muther - 2012-01-01

I figured out how to get the SVN and ten minutes later you posted the update...LOL you and the others that have created this skin are tops in my book! Ive spent the last couple of days Playing around, learning and reading and came up with a few questions/suggestions. I figured rather than a lot of little post I'd do one big one Big Grin

Bare in mind I'm not coder, skinner or genus and I'm still trying to figure a lot of this program out. I'm amazed at the amount of information is listed. its almost too much to sort through. this is currently the only way I feel I can contribute until I learn more about XML and how this monster of a program works. if you can think of any menial tasks I can help you with please let me know.

1) Question Are the player controls for music (pause, play, stop, next,) not visible by design or is there a setting that I can not find to turn them on? I run this from my PC as I have not built a HTPC as yet, I have found that I can use keyboard shortcuts to control it but I'm a button pushing kinda guy....Smile

2) Question is there a way to use animated weather when weather selected? I see animations when hovering over the weather button (the weather widget I suppose?) but if I click on the weather button I see only static icons. Is there a way to animate this section as well?

3) Question Where is the movie manager located or is it yet? (I understand this is a very new feature and you may have not implemented it yet) I have installed glass and the confluence mod skin and found it in them but can not find it in CEV2 for now I'm creating them in confluence mod.

4) Small bug? when navigating on the home page, if you move up to display the sub-menu then come back down, then move to the next button, a blank sub-menu bar remains until you move the mouse out of the main buttons area. (the only thing I can relate this to is a missing mouse out argument)

5) Feature Request. Is it or would it be possible in the future to add sub-menus to the custom buttons? for example if I added a home button for animation I could add sub menus for Disney|pillar|Others and use smart playlist to set them

6) Feature Request. Personal would it be possible when the home page is in vertical mode to have the buttons be on the right side bottom? (instead of left side bottom) this may match the right side movie view better and be better positioned for mouse users like me. I use the horizontal layout because I like the sub menus but it's just something I noticed. (unless there is a way to add sub menus to the vertical layout too....LOL)

7) Feature Request. Ive noticed there is no way to toggle between the program windowed or full sized other than hitting the backslash key. is this something that could be added to the control buttons in the upper right hand corner?

P.S. I'm running CEV2, Eden Beta, win7

- butchabay - 2012-01-01

TheHazel3yes Wrote:I've gotta admit I dislike the new OSD too. With the old design it was soo easy to read the remaining runtime (Cirrus has been the only skin I'm aware of to use bigger letters), especially on a small 26" TV that's some meters away.
Could you please post the xml changes that are needed to get back the old OSD? Oh and if I had a wish free: make the old design optional. There are a lot other options on this skin that imho are far less needed, one more wouldn't hurt, would it?

I'll post the old xml's when i get time, what i can try to do is to bold the font for better readibility, or you mean something else? The old OSD WILL NOT BE an OPTION !!! If you would know how much code it needs you would understand that.

Nimo Wrote:@butcha: i see in your screenshot weather beside clock in vertical view. i use horizontal view and cant enable weather.i just disabled logos and buttons. but i have just the clock. what can i do to get weather? or should i install xbmc and cev2 clean? i updated the git versions until beta1. same with cev2.

You mean the weather icon on the black top bar ? If Yes i can add it no problem. If you mean the original clock weather, you need to enable " Original Cirrus clock and weather " in skin settings.

- eriksmith200 - 2012-01-01

TheHazel3yes Wrote:I've gotta admit I dislike the new OSD too. With the old design it was soo easy to read the remaining runtime (Cirrus has been the only skin I'm aware of to use bigger letters), especially on a small 26" TV that's some meters away.

I also prefer the old OSD, now it's in the middle and blocking the video

- butchabay - 2012-01-01

eriksmith200 Wrote:I also prefer the old OSD, now it's in the middle and blocking the video

And before has blocked subtitles which i think has more priority.

- Nimo - 2012-01-01

butchabay Wrote:You mean the weather icon on the black top bar ? If Yes i can add it no problem. If you mean the original clock weather, you need to enable " Original Cirrus clock and weather " in skin settings.

yes it works Wink i thought i would have the buttons too, but so its nice. but with time+date+short weather it would be nicer Smile nono so its enough.

but with the osd in middle i must agree the others. maybe in settings a switch "lower info osd" would be great. sometimes less is better than more.

and a happy new year to all

- butchabay - 2012-01-01

Nimo Wrote:yes it works Wink i thought i would have the buttons too, but so its nice. but with time+date+short weather it would be nicer Smile nono so its enough.

but with the osd in middle i must agree the others. maybe in settings a switch "lower info osd" would be great. sometimes less is better than more.

and a happy new year to all

Sorry i can't agree again with the osd, the only reason i've done it this way is to get free the space for subtitles, so why it should be lower? Less better than more? The old osd with poster has take the hole lenght of the screen and with plot enable a quarter of the screen.
I won't take in account any other notice reguarding the osd! Take it or leave it! I can't satisfy everyone here, and for personal taste i like the new one 1000 times better as the old one.

- Martijn - 2012-01-01

@butchabay
It's your skin and coding so if they want it changed they learn how to code it their selves.
Every one should be glad how many time you spend on this.