Kodi Community Forum
[MOD] Cirrus Extended v2 - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: Cirrus Extended (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=133)
+----- Thread: [MOD] Cirrus Extended v2 (/showthread.php?tid=102066)

- butchabay - 2011-06-02

@RockDawg
I'm going to check it, just a question: you're using weather plus or the normal one?

- PatrickBateman - 2011-06-03

el_Paraguayo Wrote:Ok, so here's with that now playing view doubling as a progress bar:

and again with my usual Ben Folds fanart (I'm running a clean system on my laptop for testing so I've only imported one EP - I do listen to other stuff, I promise!)

Thoughts?

I think it looks great, it's always nice to have the option to turn things on or off for a change etc so I'd say enable it by default but have an option to disable for those who don't like it or fancy a change Big Grin

I notice in the second screen shot that the cd art has changed shape and looks a tad weird? Is that normal?

Other than that, it think that it some great work you've done there! Nod I'm impressed and can't wait to get my hands on it.

- RockDawg - 2011-06-03

butchabay Wrote:@RockDawg
I'm going to check it, just a question: you're using weather plus or the normal one?

I'm using the normal weather.

- KiSUAN - 2011-06-03

el_Paraguayo Wrote:Ok, so here's with that now playing view doubling as a progress bar:

and again with my usual Ben Folds fanart (I'm running a clean system on my laptop for testing so I've only imported one EP - I do listen to other stuff, I promise!)

Thoughts?

Lose the elapsed time as it is redundancy.

Leave duration.

Make progress bar optional, on by default, when of show elapsed time.

The Devil's In the Details Big Grin

Great work overall

- el_Paraguayo - 2011-06-03

PatrickBateman Wrote:I think it looks great, it's always nice to have the option to turn things on or off for a change etc so I'd say enable it by default but have an option to disable for those who don't like it or fancy a change Big Grin

I notice in the second screen shot that the cd art has changed shape and looks a tad weird? Is that normal?

Other than that, it think that it some great work you've done there! Nod I'm impressed and can't wait to get my hands on it.
Ok, so default should be progress on.

CD art: I'll take a look, I had stripped out the overlays as I was having some issues with them a while ago. I'll put them back in. Maybe I should import a different album as well to try!!

KiSUAN Wrote:Lose the elapsed time as it is redundancy.

Leave duration.

Make progress bar optional, on by default, when of show elapsed time.

The Devil's In the Details Big Grin

Great work overall
I agree, you don't really need elapsed time when you've got duration and a progress bar, but I don't think it's too big to be conspicuous. I'll play around and see if I can do something that looks better.

- PatrickBateman - 2011-06-03

el_Paraguayo Wrote:Ok, so default should be progress on.

CD art: I'll take a look, I had stripped out the overlays as I was having some issues with them a while ago. I'll put them back in. Maybe I should import a different album as well to try!!

I agree, you don't really need elapsed time when you've got duration and a progress bar, but I don't think it's too big to be conspicuous. I'll play around and see if I can do something that looks better.

That sounds great Big Grin

I agree with you that the elapsed time is fine as it is, in fact in some cases (brightly lit room etc) when/if the progress bar may not be as easy to see, the fall back for the user is the elapsed time, I'd leave it in too.

Yea, I'm not sure what it is, but the cd art has gone out of shape in that second screen shot compared to the first one? The cd art seems to no longer be square and it's got a bit larger and gone a bit wonky Big Grin

Great work though, I think it's actually really neat and tidy and blends in beautifully. I'm impressed and am looking forward to seeing it in the flesh... Although I'm not looking forward to re doing my music library (as I've just recently done it all for iTunes and it took about 1 month Stare) and I'm currently re doing my movie library as it was slightly outdated (emm-r fixed that though)

Amazing stuff as usual guys and as always, one happy customer here from all the hard work you put in. Thanks again Smile

PatrickBateman Wrote:Although I'm not looking forward to re doing my music library (as I've just recently done it all for iTunes and it took about 1 month Stare) and I'm currently re doing my movie library as it was slightly outdated (emm-r fixed that though)

My music library was in iTunes - converted everything to MP3, put on the HTPC and have got some weird tags going on. Lots of duplicate artists coming up (with slightly different spelling). Very annoying. Need to find a media manager on Linux to tidy it up.

- butchabay - 2011-06-03

I am going to work on my todo list this evening, when you're ready with the new additions share them via pm so i'm going to integrate the new stuff you've done!

Ok - most likely it will be tomorrow.

To confirm, the mods I'll send are:
1) Weather fanart
2) Artist fanart
3) Extended home playing display with optional progress.

- mad-max - 2011-06-03

Hey Guys...

after a hard fight, Me vs. my repo, the battle is over...I´ve won...
Cirrus is now in the repository "xbmcnerds.com"...I´ve changed the structure from uncompressed to zip...quiet hard...but everything is working now...

here we go with the installer for the repository:
http://repository-xbmcnerds.googlecode.com/files/repository.xbmcnerds.zip

Have Fun!!!

cheers,
mm

- Chaos_666 - 2011-06-03

Hi there
mad-max Wrote:Hey Guys...

after a hard fight, Me vs. my repo, the battle is over...I´ve won...
Cirrus is now in the repository "xbmcnerds.com"...I´ve changed the structure from uncompressed to zip...quiet hard...but everything is working now...

here we go with the installer for the repository:
http://repository-xbmcnerds.googlecode.com/files/repository.xbmcnerds.zip

Have Fun!!!

cheers,
mm

sounds great, but allow me one question:
Why did you use the compressed structure?
Isnt it possible to just download the changes (for further releases) if it is uncompressed, like in svn? Would be less traffic. Not sure about that, so maybe i am wrong.

Nevertheless, big thx
Chaos

- mad-max - 2011-06-03

If read the wiki and it says it`s better to use compuressed structure for speed reasons...also we had problems showing the download-progress with the uncompressed structure...I know, it might be a little bit more traffic...we thought it´s a little bit better...download time was reduced by 2/3...I don´t know itf it is the google-server but that speed up was significant...

btw: I see you're from Germany...you know http://www.xbmcnerds.com?

PatrickBateman Wrote:Yea, I'm not sure what it is, but the cd art has gone out of shape in that second screen shot compared to the first one? The cd art seems to no longer be square and it's got a bit larger and gone a bit wonky Big Grin
Ok, so with album border it looks like this:

Actually, I think it looks better if I shrink that border a bit:

- butchabay - 2011-06-03

el_Paraguayo Wrote:Actually, I think it looks better if I shrink that border a bit:

I've removed the border completely from cdart as in my eyes it looks cleaner, also the border overlaps the cd spinning. For a better overall looking please remove it, i'm thinking to create a new border for cd covers in future that is going to fit better when cdart spinning is enabled. Thanx.