Kodi Community Forum
[MOD] Cirrus Extended v2 - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: Cirrus Extended (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=133)
+----- Thread: [MOD] Cirrus Extended v2 (/showthread.php?tid=102066)

- mad-max - 2011-06-04

I will try to integrate it, but that is low priority...

BTW: I've checked the download-count from the new repo-installer...22 hours after announcing cev2 in the repository, it was downloaded 81 times...before we had 3597 dl's total in more than 1 and a half months...people seem to like it Laugh

- butchabay - 2011-06-04

@mad-max
Nice to hear such a success, there is coming a new update expected this evening, some great additions like new extended now playing with option artist fanart on home page and weather based condition fanart on home by el_paraguayo, some bugfixes here and there, option imdb rating number for fanart view, option to remove videowindow border, added new animation for fanart views, so you see big update is coming Smile
Cheers

- mad-max - 2011-06-04

butchabay Wrote:@mad-max
Nice to hear such a success, there is coming a new update expected this evening, some great additions like new extended now playing with option artist fanart on home page and weather based condition fanart on home by el_paraguayo, some bugfixes here and there, option imdb rating number for fanart view, option to remove videowindow border, added new animation for fanart views, so you see big update is coming Smile
Cheers
Sounds great...looking forward to the update...
I think I'll be able to push the changes tomorrow...
dl-counter raised to 99...never had thought of such a success...

cheers,
mm

- butchabay - 2011-06-04

@mad-max
Ofcourse i forgot that repo download link will be added in the first post Smile

- mad-max - 2011-06-04

butchabay Wrote:@mad-max
Ofcourse i forgot that repo download link will be added in the first post Smile
Great...so the downloads will raise then Big Grin

I can watch the dl-counter growing every minute...nice one...
if there is something else to do for me, just let me know...

cheers,
mm

- henrava - 2011-06-05

butchabay Wrote:Can't think of ... As i'm using it in all banner views and it works, which skin are you using ?

Cirrus 2 ext. version, modded a bit in some views.

- butchabay - 2011-06-05

henrava Wrote:Cirrus 2 ext. version, modded a bit in some views.

And may i ask if upper or lower case could affect some tags in the skin ?
Thanx

- N.O.W.A.L.L - 2011-06-05

this is a question to developpers: for a long time I have an idea but don't know if it would be possible. I guess not but I ask anyway.

when animated fanarts background (or screensaver) is enabled, you see all your gorgeous fanarts animated, and sometimes you wander "how this one is cool, but from which movie is it from? I want to (re)watch it"

So would it possible/realistic, to have in a light overlay the related title of the movie moving along with the fanart?

EDIT: aww, I just saw that "Plot on pause OSD-Menu" is on the TODO list! that's awesome! I really missed this, because on Apple Remote there isn't button to access it (on keyboard I think it's C), Thank you very much!
On the TODO list there is also the Dialog Window on pressing down or right. I really loved this feature in Refocus (to be able to play trailer just by pressing down). So thank you very much again!

- butchabay - 2011-06-05

Update ! cirrus extended v2 (2.03)

Get it Here:

For all repo installer user, be a bit patient as mad-max is going to update his repo soon !

- PatrickBateman - 2011-06-05

butchabay Wrote:Update ! cirrus extended v2 (2.03)

Get it Here:

For all repo installer user, be a bit patient as mad-max is going to update his repo soon !

Amazing work guys.

I'm off to test this now and do a nice freh clean install of xbmc Big Grin

Cant wait to try the new features out Nod

- weemaaan - 2011-06-05

I might be asking a silly question but how do you enable weather conditional fanart?

- el_Paraguayo - 2011-06-05

Weemaan,

Not a silly question at all.

Looking at the code, the skin is looking for the user-defined location of the fanart, but I can't see it in the Skin Settings page. Butcha, pm me if I didn't send that bit through.

You'll also need to download the fanart if you haven't done so already. The link's in the post with the download link for the skin.

el_P

- weemaaan - 2011-06-05

I had the pack already, I just couldn't see any way of connecting to it. Was thinking that it had to be put in a specific area in the skin folder.

- PatrickBateman - 2011-06-05

el_Paraguayo Wrote:Weemaan,

Not a silly question at all.

Looking at the code, the skin is looking for the user-defined location of the fanart, but I can't see it in the Skin Settings page. Butcha, pm me if I didn't send that bit through.

You'll also need to download the fanart if you haven't done so already. The link's in the post with the download link for the skin.

el_P

Hey,

Yea i was about to report back on a few little things i have found, this was one of them Laugh
Also, the origonal "Clean Home Now Playing" option is also missing even when the new "extended now playing" is disabled?

A few comestic things i noticed too, were,

The new Extended now playing bar seems to be a different level of transparency/colour to the main cirrus menu bars, could this be set to match the other bars purly for cosmetic reasons? Most of the menu bars are a darker transparent black (weather, date, time, horizontal menu,medi update screen etc...) and the new now playing seems to be much lighter and sticks out a little from the rest of the skin.

When streaming some music the progress bar doesn't work (i assume this is due to some trakcs having no end time) is there any work around for this?

When the next 5 tracks is enabled and one of the tracks has a long file name and is requireed to scroll, is it possible for the number (1,2,3,4,5) to stay exactly where it is and only have the text of the track scroll raththan the entire track titles and number?

And finally (for now) Wink
The extended now playing window sits directly on top of the rss feed and about 10 pixels down from the horizontal menu bar, is it at all possible to center the extended now playing plugin so that it would sit 5 pixels above the rss ticker and 5 pixels below the horizontal menu to help it look and feel more comfortable symetrical? "i know its not exatly 10 pixels but i knoe you know what im trying to say :-))

Thats all ive been able to test so far, as i have not yest finihsed my fresh install of my other htpc so ill keep you guys posted with any bugs etc that i come across.

Amazing work though, from what i have seen so far, this update is beyond incredible.
I'm so grateful that you guys do what you do and ill be sure to report back with all/any bugs for you to help keep this skin as truly amazing as it is.

Thanks again for another wonderful release guys x Big Grin
Also, i hope you don't think i am complaining or anything, as thats most defiently not the case! No
I love this skin and i can't sing its praises enough, just reporting back with any all bugs/info/feedback i have to help you guys out for the next updates etc.

Thanks again for everything...

@butcha did you do something to the main skin animation? I am getting a screen flash/flicker ever time i open and close a option from the main menu? its quite a dramtic/prominent flash and is very noticible... its as if the screen goes completly black for a 100th of a second and then re draws its self? For example, when returning/entering from the videos/weather etc there appears to be a dramtic "pop" as the screen "pops" back into view from black, im usre this faded in before, but i could be wrong Laugh

It never used to do this (that i can remember) but it is quite prominant and distracts me every time i exit and enter a window etc? Like a slap in the face Laugh

- butchabay - 2011-06-05

Just restart xbmc and all the skin settings are avaible !