Kodi Community Forum
[MOD] Cirrus Extended v2 - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: Cirrus Extended (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=133)
+----- Thread: [MOD] Cirrus Extended v2 (/showthread.php?tid=102066)

- butchabay - 2011-06-08

nymkin Wrote:Thx for the reply! my problem is i dont know how to edit it. which file would it be and what would i need to remove/change? i dont want to break the skin by doing something stupid....

No problem, i'm going to make it optional, so you'll be able to hide it in settings.

- nymkin - 2011-06-09

butchabay Wrote:No problem, i'm going to make it optional, so you'll be able to hide it in settings.

Thx! I'm looking forward to that update!

- ZombieRobot - 2011-06-09

PatrickBateman Wrote:Yea, its not great.. Changing to show plot is good idea Smile

Here are the screensot i mentioned, ill give you a bit more info asap...

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Yeah when I created slim odd I origionally had plot in the bar because it always shows up but decided that plot outline was more fitting because I personly only wanted a small outline of the movie to show but some movies don't show so could change it

- ZombieRobot - 2011-06-09

Like the imdb flag butch

- PatrickBateman - 2011-06-09

ZombieRobot Wrote:Yeah when I created slim odd I origionally had plot in the bar because it always shows up but decided that plot outline was more fitting because I personly only wanted a small outline of the movie to show but some movies don't show so could change it

Hey Butcha,

Just thought.. if you put the plot or other info in here, could you also add the new imdb rating too, that would be great if possible Big Grin

- htpc guy - 2011-06-10

Butcha,

I want to remove the text "TV Shows Showname" from the tv section. See the screenprint where it says TV Shows Modern Family. Its a bit redundant since I obviously know what show it is based off of the fanart, logos and such. It would just be cleaner, especially since the text covers the fanart.

What XML would I need to edit?

- butchabay - 2011-06-10

htpc guy Wrote:Butcha,

I want to remove the text "TV Shows Showname" from the tv section. See the screenprint where it says TV Shows Modern Family. Its a bit redundant since I obviously know what show it is based off of the fanart, logos and such. It would just be cleaner, especially since the text covers the fanart.

What XML would I need to edit?

It's myvideonav.xml

Watch out for the two labels in line 441 and 457
You just have to remove the text inside, so you'll have:

<label></label>

you won't see the TVShows and TV Showname in all views for TVShows.

cheers

- htpc guy - 2011-06-10

Damn, that's quick. Thanks

*EDIT*

I use Dreamweaver for xml files so I don't know if the line numbers are different.

Are you referring to these two lines

Code:
<label>$LOCALIZE[20343]</label>
Code:
<label>$INFO[ListItem.TVShowTitle]</label>

- butchabay - 2011-06-10

htpc guy Wrote:Damn, that's quick. Thanks

*EDIT*

I use Dreamweaver for xml files so I don't know if the line numbers are different.

Are you referring to these two lines

Code:
<label>$LOCALIZE[20343]</label>
Code:
<label>$INFO[ListItem.TVShowTitle]</label>

Yep

- htpc guy - 2011-06-10

butchabay Wrote:Yep

Great, works like a charm.Laugh

- N.O.W.A.L.L - 2011-06-10

Butchabay, I PM'ed you the updated french strings for 2.0.3

Aww by the bay I have a question: on OSX it's impossible to activate with the Apple remote the Info function when a movie is running or paused, therefore I can't use the new plot stuff.

So what should I edit and in which .xml file to have the plot visible on OSD by default when movie is paused?

I tried anyway to access this info function with a keyboard hooked to the media center, just to see how pretty it was... well, the plot is written in uppercase, so all accents are fucked up, as it was the case in the home submenu in versions pre-2.0.3.
I guess this problem of accents exists also in german and other accentuated languages.
So may I suggest you to set the OSD movies' plot in lowercase in versions post-2.0.3?

Thanx

- butchabay - 2011-06-10

Hey nowall,
Thanx for the strings, in 2.04 there will be plot instead of plot ouline and lowercase is already done Smile so just wait a few days as there will be an update!

Good!

Maybe before releasing 2.04 you should wait until Weatherplus works again.
As you already noticed I guess, it doesnt work anymore fully as something changed on their website.
The developper of the addon seems to work on an update, but maybe will it break compatibility with Cirrus Ex?
Maybe ElParaguayo will have to change something on your skin before 2.0.4
EDIT: with the update WP 2.17 it works better, but without Europe maps

- butchabay - 2011-06-10

I can't believe that an update would break the skin. But i'll wait and see if weather plus is works again these days ... I think this will be the last update for dharma and then make changes for nightlies ...