Kodi Community Forum
[MOD] Cirrus Extended v2 - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: Cirrus Extended (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=133)
+----- Thread: [MOD] Cirrus Extended v2 (/showthread.php?tid=102066)

- metasynthie - 2011-09-04

Thanks for the great skin, it's the best I've found so far to support both Advanced Launcher and for viewing comics (since your Pictures views are comic-cover-friendly).

I encountered a weird bug which I thought I should report. I'm using the pre-Eden version of Cirrus Extended v2 (2.05) with a nightly build of XBMC from September 1 and everything works great except ONE thing I've found so far:

When I go to add a Custom Favorite on to the Home Menu, in Skin settings, I can enter the Label for a Custom Favorite, but if I try to select a Favorite I get nothing but a blank panel:

This is just after selecting "Set Favourite" so the empty black area on the right side should be showing my Favourites, I think.

Found the following line in the XBMC log which might explain it:
10:27:59 T:11204 ERROR: Python script "C:\Users\HTPC\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\skin.cirrus extended v2\scripts\script.favourites\default.py" does not exist

It's looking for a "scripts" folder inside the skin's folder, but there's no such thing.

I managed to work around this by editing guisettings.xml directly and entering the path to the favorite, but thought you should know!

- Bram77 - 2011-09-04

The skin can't be installed from the pre-eden repo because it doesn't pass the version compatibility check on the latest XBMC nightly build.

- keibertz - 2011-09-04

@ metasynthie i just find the same Bug with the FAVlist. Its emty on my side too. But i think this is a preEden related bug and no bug from this typical Skin but i am not sure.

- butchabay - 2011-09-04

About favourites: i've totally messed up that part sorry. Have to change the code. I will push a fix later.
Thanx for reporting.

- butchabay - 2011-09-04

@Bram
The problem is i haven't yet my own repo, when i fixed the addons.xml it was to late as mad-max pushed already 2.05 online.
As said, i just have to find time setup the repo, then everything is easier and faster for bugfixes and other stuff.

- T800 - 2011-09-05

I like the idea of the wall view but I find it awkward to use.
All the images are dull and the selected item is brighter. I quite often find it hard to know which movie/show is selected straight away unless I read the name at the top or move about the screen.
Is there any way to have all the titles on the screen bright with the selected movie/show enlarged a little bit standing out.
I think it will generally look better (no dull posters) and be easier to use.

- butchabay - 2011-09-05

@T800
Yeah, i never liked how it's done, i have to rework a lot of things for 2.06 and wall views are going to be on my todo list.

- keibertz - 2011-09-06

keibertz Wrote:I have installed the preEden Version of the Add-on. Copied the folder into the Add-on Folder. Now i have the Submenü Radom Movie and Random Genre (double) when i klick on Ramdom Genre or Random Movie i get a Script error down right and nothing happens.
Is it posible that it does not work under Win7 ? Or did i download the dharma version and the link on the first page is wrong ? Plz check

The new Version of the Random Movie Script works perfekt for me with preEden.
Big thx for this great work

- butchabay - 2011-09-06

Easy Fix for Favourites in preEden:

1. Create a folder in skin.cirrus extended v2 named "scripts"
2. Copy Paste script.favourites in that folder

- el_Paraguayo - 2011-09-06

keibertz Wrote:The new Version of the Random Movie Script works perfekt for me with preEden.
Big thx for this great work

Great! Glad it's working for you.

For anyone else looking for the script, the new version is available from the same link in post #1.

- keibertz - 2011-09-06

butchabay Wrote:Easy Fix for Favourites in preEden:

1. Create a folder in skin.cirrus extended v2 named "scripts"
2. Copy Paste script.favourites in that folder

works Laugh

- butchabay - 2011-09-06

keibertz Wrote:works Laugh

Cool ... Smile

BTW

My own repository is ready soon ! Laugh

- bandelguy - 2011-09-07

butchabay Wrote:Cool ... Smile

BTW

My own repository is ready soon ! Laugh

why don't u use svn or git? only the main changes are needed to be donwloaded, and not the full skin whenever there is any sort of big change. It's though my personal opinion. kinda helps guys like me, who are on slow internet speeds.

- butchabay - 2011-09-07

bandelguy Wrote:why don't u use svn or git? only the main changes are needed to be donwloaded, and not the full skin whenever there is any sort of big change. It's though my personal opinion. kinda helps guys like me, who are on slow internet speeds.

Yeah, first i want a clean install of the skin. Then we'll see ...

- el_Paraguayo - 2011-09-07

bandelguy Wrote:why don't u use svn or git? only the main changes are needed to be donwloaded, and not the full skin whenever there is any sort of big change. It's though my personal opinion. kinda helps guys like me, who are on slow internet speeds.

I use git for my scripts.

If you moved your skin there, it would certainly make incoporating my mods easier!