Kodi Community Forum
[MOD] Cirrus Extended v2 - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: Cirrus Extended (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=133)
+----- Thread: [MOD] Cirrus Extended v2 (/showthread.php?tid=102066)

- butchabay - 2011-09-12

Shinu Wrote:it's just that it's sooo light that i catch myself straining my eyes to read it depending on the background. it would help a lot if it were bolder.

You've tried to set Bold fonts in appearance settings ?

- mad526 - 2011-09-12

First of all, thank you for this awesome skin! haven't been able to find another one which suits my taste as good Smile

however, i'd like to point out some issues i still have, but on some of those i'm not sure if it's a skin issue or if i did something wrong Wink
  • watched flag is missing in following views: fanart, big poster, coverflow, compact and fanart in tv shows in episode view
  • how can i activate the corner overlay "watched"/"trailer" icons present in media/OverlayIcons? Is this probalby related to the one above?
  • sometimes the background for the slideout menu is disappearing which makes the writing somewhat unreadable, changing to another skin and back to cirrus extended fixes this temporarily. this happens quite often and on seemingly random occasion, i have not yet found a way to reproduce it
  • the fanart slide view is missing some infos present in the very similar fanart view, for example the imdb rating stars and mpaa rating logo. also i think it would be nice if it would say "Running Time: 116 Mins" instead of "Running Time: 116" but then again this kinda breaks down to personal taste Wink
  • there is no video resolution flag shown for my ripped dvds. this happens no matter if they're saved as an .iso image or just the mpeg2 track in an .mkv container (ripped via makemkv). resolution is 720x576, could you do an SD 576 flag? (this is present for example in the aeon nox skin)
  • also some of my tv shows in 1024x576 resolution are incorrectly flagged as 720p. is this classification something thats done by the skin or xbmc itself?

I'm using cirrus extended v2.0.5 with xbmc live 10.1 dharma.

any confirmation that these are bugs in the skin or info on how i can resolve/change these myself is greatly apreciated, thanks in advance Smile

- Shinu - 2011-09-12

butchabay Wrote:You've tried to set Bold fonts in appearance settings ?

yeah, but it's still too transparent to be easily noticeable on some backgrounds. i don't know if anyone else is having this problem.

- butchabay - 2011-09-12

mad526 Wrote:First of all, thank you for this awesome skin! haven't been able to find another one which suits my taste as good Smile

however, i'd like to point out some issues i still have, but on some of those i'm not sure if it's a skin issue or if i did something wrong Wink
  • watched flag is missing in following views: fanart, big poster, coverflow, compact and fanart in tv shows in episode view
  • how can i activate the corner overlay "watched"/"trailer" icons present in media/OverlayIcons? Is this probalby related to the one above?
  • sometimes the background for the slideout menu is disappearing which makes the writing somewhat unreadable, changing to another skin and back to cirrus extended fixes this temporarily. this happens quite often and on seemingly random occasion, i have not yet found a way to reproduce it
  • the fanart slide view is missing some infos present in the very similar fanart view, for example the imdb rating stars and mpaa rating logo. also i think it would be nice if it would say "Running Time: 116 Mins" instead of "Running Time: 116" but then again this kinda breaks down to personal taste Wink
  • there is no video resolution flag shown for my ripped dvds. this happens no matter if they're saved as an .iso image or just the mpeg2 track in an .mkv container (ripped via makemkv). resolution is 720x576, could you do an SD 576 flag? (this is present for example in the aeon nox skin)
  • also some of my tv shows in 1024x576 resolution are incorrectly flagged as 720p. is this classification something thats done by the skin or xbmc itself?

I'm using cirrus extended v2.0.5 with xbmc live 10.1 dharma.

any confirmation that these are bugs in the skin or info on how i can resolve/change these myself is greatly apreciated, thanks in advance Smile

Hi, sure wanna clear some things up:

Before upgrading the skin, be sure to delete the old cirrus extended skin and if possible guisettings.xml.
I am going to setup my own repo this week, so updates can be downloaded within xbmc in future.

1. Not all views are finished
2. Watched and Trailer banners are not for every item, so when using Bluray or DVD cases the watched and trailer flags are different.
3. This has been reported already, can't reproduce it. Maybe this bug will disappear when textures are compressed in future releases.
4. I'll see what i can do, as said not all views have the same layout, Fanart View is the most complete for now.
5. I have no grafik skills at all, if someone is going to help me out i'll integrate it for sure.
6. Has been reported, this is how xbmc handles resolutions. This is not skin related as i know. Just try another skin and see if it's the same.

There is still a lot to do Smile

Cheers

- butchabay - 2011-09-12

Shinu Wrote:yeah, but it's still too transparent to be easily noticeable on some backgrounds. i don't know if anyone else is having this problem.

OK i'm going to take a look at the fonts in general.

- keibertz - 2011-09-12

@ butch will u change it back to show the default fanart in all sections if no one is availible ? Because in folderview i have a black background on the folders. in the past it was much better when there was the default fanart for videos.
Black is just soo dark and brings me in a bad mood Big Grin

At the moment i changed all the fanarts for alle folders, but somehow they are changing back to black wehen ever the first movie in the folder changes. So the old version was much better for me.

@ All plz dont give me the Tipp to usw the Databaseview. I will never usw that one for movies. For my opinion it´s not realy usable with many movies.

- butchabay - 2011-09-12

@keibertz
So you don't have movies in your library? As said i want to find a better way to show fanart, i hate to see always popping up default background between fading of the movie fanart while browsing through the library. I'll take a look this evening.

- butchabay - 2011-09-12

@keibertz
I've just tried to add a new source, let's say movies, content "none" and access it via videos. I don't see a black background, i see the background i've set for videos.

- mad526 - 2011-09-12

butchabay Wrote:Hi, sure wanna clear some things up:

Before upgrading the skin, be sure to delete the old cirrus extended skin and if possible guisettings.xml.
I am going to setup my own repo this week, so updates can be downloaded within xbmc in future.

1. Not all views are finished
2. Watched and Trailer banners are not for every item, so when using Bluray or DVD cases the watched and trailer flags are different.
3. This has been reported already, can't reproduce it. Maybe this bug will disappear when textures are compressed in future releases.
4. I'll see what i can do, as said not all views have the same layout, Fanart View is the most complete for now.
5. I have no grafik skills at all, if someone is going to help me out i'll integrate it for sure.
6. Has been reported, this is how xbmc handles resolutions. This is not skin related as i know. Just try another skin and see if it's the same.

There is still a lot to do Smile

Cheers

thanks for the quick reply!

2. it's just that i could've sworn i've seen those on some screenshots, yet i have never seen them on my system. in which views are they supposed to show up? (show cases are disabled)
5. just made two flags with the gimp, they even work out of the box when being put under media/flagging/video/ and videoNew / videoNewColor. let me know what you think. Smile

Image Image

- keibertz - 2011-09-12

@ butch i have all my movies in the libary i just dont use the Databaseview
in the first subfolder i have the right fanart but in the second and third subfolder (subsubsubfolder Big Grin) i have only black background

- butchabay - 2011-09-12

mad526 Wrote:thanks for the quick reply!

2. it's just that i could've sworn i've seen those on some screenshots, yet i have never seen them on my system. in which views are they supposed to show up? (show cases are disabled)
5. just made two flags with the gimp, they even work out of the box when being put under media/flagging/video/ and videoNew / videoNewColor. let me know what you think. Smile

Image Image

They are shown in Compact, Rightlist, Fanart, FanartSlide, Big Poster, Coverflow ...
The flags are nice, i'll integrate them in the next release. Thanx

- butchabay - 2011-09-12

keibertz Wrote:@ butch i have all my movies in the libary i just dont use the Databaseview
in the first subfolder i have the right fanart but in the second and third subfolder (subsubsubfolder Big Grin) i have only black background

OK, which view are you using? List View ? If you disable Fanart, you'll see the default background for movies. That's all i can do for now. Just disable fanart.

- keibertz - 2011-09-12

i dont wanna disable all fanarts. For the movies i wanna see the movie spezific fanarts only for the Folders in the FolderView i wanna see the default fanart. Like it was in the 2.04 Version. This was changed just in the new Skin Version.

I have folders A-Z with the movies inside and for this folders i get a black background.
I am not realy sure u understand what i mean.

- butchabay - 2011-09-12

keibertz Wrote:i dont wanna disable all fanarts. For the movies i wanna see the movie spezific fanarts only for the Folders in the FolderView i wanna see the default fanart. Like it was in the 2.04 Version. This was changed just in the new Skin Version.

I have folders A-Z with the movies inside and for this folders i get a black background.
I am not realy sure u understand what i mean.

OK, open includes.xml and delete the line 89
PHP Code:
<visible>!Container.Content(Movies) + !Container.Content(TVShows) + !Container.Content(Seasons) + !Container.Content(Episodes)</visible

Let me know ...

- keibertz - 2011-09-12

butchabay Wrote:OK, open includes.xml and delete the line 89
PHP Code:
<visible>!Container.Content(Movies) + !Container.Content(TVShows) + !Container.Content(Seasons) + !Container.Content(Episodes)</visible

Let me know ...

Yea that was exactly what i needed.
Perfekt i cant understand why u changed it ? In which case is it better the other way ?