[ALPHA RELEASE] Welo - a new skin in development for XBMC - Printable Version
+- XBMC Community Forum (http://forum.xbmc.org)
+-- Forum: Development (/forumdisplay.php?fid=32)
+--- Forum: Skin Development (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+---- Forum: WIP Skins (/forumdisplay.php?fid=160)
+---- Thread: [ALPHA RELEASE] Welo - a new skin in development for XBMC (/showthread.php?tid=102199)
- liquidskin76 - 2011-05-26 14:46
Smobbo Wrote:Liquidskin congrats on the first alpha release!
- Brainfrz - 2011-05-26 14:51
i'm in love with it already.
- liquidskin76 - 2011-05-26 15:12
Regarding the colour tint on the central section of the background...
When trying to improve gradient banding on the backgrounds, i mistakely used the wrong colour tint on that part. It was grey. Now it has a slight blue'ish tint.
I'm planning on changing it, however wanted to check something first...
Looking at it now, it looks more vivid and i think it makes the background more alive. What does everyone else think? Grey or slightly blue tinted?
I can post screen comparisons if needed (or check Hitchers screen comparisons from thread page 3).
[EDIT:] so you all know... Welo had both colours in his mockups, hence i how came to use the wrong one!
- liquidskin76 - 2011-05-26 15:14
Brainfrz Wrote:i'm in love with it already.
- tschi - 2011-05-26 15:30
Thanks for this very nice job
In root menu, in french "Watch your" should be translate by "Regardez vos" instead of "Surveillez votre" which means monitoring/guard.
Large list view in series and videos would be great
Very pleasant design.
- sammydog69 - 2011-05-26 15:35
liquidskin76 Wrote:Regarding the colour tint on the central section of the background...
Firstly, congrats on the progress so far. The skin is looking like it will be one of the few that in use do the mock ups justice.
A couple of comments :
1) I like being able to jump straight to a different section and like a few of the other posters, I select a view and stick with it.
2) I think that it will be hard to judge the difference between the grey and blue-ish middle section from a screen shot. It would be a bit more effective to be able to judge them on a TV screen while using the skin.
3) I have noticed one small bug, when you scroll through the TV shows in the recently added section on the main screen, the drop shadow on the image changes on the bottom edge. Instead of following the shape of the box, it goes straight down. I also have to admit that I'm not a fan of using the screen grab as the image for new shows as seems to be the practice with most if not all skins, I'd rather see a poster with the episode details below.
Anyway, enough nit picking. Keep up the good work and I look forward to seeing future releases.
P.S. Kudos to Welo for producing such a tidy looking design.
- liquidskin76 - 2011-05-26 15:42
tschi Wrote:Thanks for this very nice job
Yeah, the skin specific translations haven't been done. Some labels are pulling translations from XBMC's language string.xml's.
I'll add the large list view to tv, etc.
- liquidskin76 - 2011-05-26 15:45
sammydog69 Wrote:P.S. Kudos to Welo for producing such a tidy looking design.
Welo hit on an amazing concept! Good man!
- sialivi - 2011-05-26 15:46
Jezz_X Wrote:Like he said though that doesn't work on iOS xbmc any calls to DialogButtonMenu.xml exits xbmc (no window shown) so you will still need to put settings it in other places
But why is this behavior hardcoded in the iOS port? Wouldn't it make more sense to make the iOS port behave like the other platforms instead of suddenly enforcing this limitation on all the others?
- krish_2k4 - 2011-05-26 15:52
think ive found a bug.
[Latest Movie Added Poster]
When "update library on startup" is selected in settings and xbmc updates new movies on startup, the "Latest movies" updates automatically on the home screen. but the latest movie added is missing the poster artwork.
it comes back when you restart xbmc, but was wondering if the poster for the latest movie added could show up without restarting.