Kodi Community Forum
[ALPHA RELEASE] Welo - a new skin in development for XBMC - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Development (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=32)
+--- Forum: Skinning (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+---- Forum: WIP Skins (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=160)
+---- Thread: [ALPHA RELEASE] Welo - a new skin in development for XBMC (/showthread.php?tid=102199)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44

- Hitcher - 2011-05-27

RE Increased fonts

I used an auto width control for all the buttons/labels so they were evenly spaced across the screen but if you increase the font size it may still all fit in English but switch to a foreign language and they'll disappear of the end of the screen.

- liquidskin76 - 2011-05-27

Hitcher Wrote:RE Increased fonts

I used an auto width control for all the buttons/labels so they were evenly spaced across the screen but if you increase the font size it may still all fit in English but switch to a foreign language and they'll disappear of the end of the screen.

Yep, that's one problem. Nod

- liquidskin76 - 2011-05-28

liquidskin76 Wrote:Regarding the colour tint on the central section of the background...

When trying to improve gradient banding on the backgrounds, i mistakenly used the wrong colour tint on that part. It was grey. Now it has a slight blue'ish tint.

I'm planning on changing it, however wanted to check something first...

Looking at it now, it looks more vivid and i think it makes the background more alive. What does everyone else think? Grey or slightly blue tinted?

I can post screen comparisons if needed (or check Hitchers screen comparisons from thread page 3).

Thanks

[EDIT:] so you all know... Welo had both colours in his mockups, hence i how came to use the wrong one!

@everyone...

Here's a test background i did that will provide a 50/50 comparison of the grey and blue tint central section...

http://www.mediafire.com/?t2utla0ljr12oo5

Download and copy to ...[xbmc profile]\addons\skin.welo\media. Then in the XBMC appearance settings, select the 'Grey (Test)' theme.

The background will be viewable on the home screen, some media views, and the first settings screen.

Let me know which you prefer. Wink

Thanks

- Japaja - 2011-05-28

Grey all the way, but shouldn't u be focusing on more important stuff.. bug fixes etc.? Big Grin

- sammydog69 - 2011-05-28

I think I prefer the subtlety of the grey.

Any chance we can get our hands on a complete grey background? Big Grin

Japaja Wrote:Grey all the way, but shouldn't u be focusing on more important stuff.. bug fixes etc.? Big Grin

That took like 2min to knock up last night before I went to bed! Don't worry mate, everything's under control. Nod

- meridius - 2011-05-28

Have to say i love the grey to, much more polished in my view makes the posters and thumbs stand out more.

should have an option added for both colours maybe but i do like the grey more

cheers

- DazNoonan - 2011-05-28

liquidskin76 Wrote:@everyone...

Here's a test background i did that will provide a 50/50 comparison of the grey and blue tint central section...

http://www.mediafire.com/?t2utla0ljr12oo5

Download and copy to ...[xbmc profile]\addons\skin.welo\media. Then in the XBMC appearance settings, select the 'Grey (Test)' theme.

The background will be viewable on the home screen, some media views, and the first settings screen.

Let me know which you prefer. Wink

Thanks
The original blue all the way, the grey looks a bit dull to me, where as the blue is lighter and smarter and suits the skin better. I changed back to the original quickly as the grey part just didn't looks as nice as the blue at all in my eyes.

- DazNoonan - 2011-05-28

meridius Wrote:Have to say i love the grey to much more polished in my view makes the posters stand out more and the thumbs

cheers
Really I think the posters behind the blue (right hand side) stand out more than the ones on the grey background...

- lokham - 2011-05-28

hey, fantastic skin. It becomes my default one.

just a thing on TV SHOWS : fanart and pictures are in a DVD case format next to the list but it uses a banner and shrinks it. Refresh don't change anything

Hitcher said in the thread : "You're using banners instead of posters."

Maybe, but I don't want to, how do I change this ?

I deleted the banner.jpg and other .jpg in my tv shows directory, it's the same.

Thank you

- Hitcher - 2011-05-28

You'll need to change the scraper to Posters instead of banners and refresh the info.

- jadjam - 2011-05-28

Jesus christ this skin is beautiful! I thought whilst it was WIP it must be bloated and slow on my Asrock ION330 but its silky smooth. Thanks so much for creating this amazing skin.

jadjam Wrote:Jesus christ this skin is beautiful! I thought whilst it was WIP it must be bloated and slow on my Asrock ION330 but its silky smooth. Thanks so much for creating this amazing skin.

Excellent! Glad it's running well.

Welo really dreamt up an amazing concept, so we mustn't forget him! Shame he didn't get the chance to complete his mockups. We'll never know his full vision, however i'll do my best to fill in the gaps. Also, Hitcher got the coding ball rolling, so special mention to him as well! Cheers dudes! Wink

- Black_ice_Spain - 2011-05-28

awesome one!, cant use it without videoOSD because my dad doesnt know hotkeys, but will do when released!.

- krish_2k4 - 2011-05-29

[Updating Library]

i dont think the directory should be listed here, there is a loading bar but it doesnt do anything.

I think it would be better to just have the loading bar fill up rather then showing xbmc searching and displaying the directory paths.
when you have each movie in a seperate folder it just searches and displays the each directoy path and its moving at warp speed!