Kodi Community Forum
[ALPHA RELEASE] Welo - a new skin in development for XBMC - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Development (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=32)
+--- Forum: Skinning (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+---- Forum: WIP Skins (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=160)
+---- Thread: [ALPHA RELEASE] Welo - a new skin in development for XBMC (/showthread.php?tid=102199)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44

- tger3112 - 2011-06-16

Zuphael Wrote:Just wanted to let you know: Using it since you first released your alpha.

Just keep going Smile Like the other folks gathering around here, i can't wait to see the beta, with some more functions Smile

just wanted to let you know i bow down everytime i passing this thread Wink

same here! Laugh

- liquidskin76 - 2011-06-16

jodeman Wrote:Just wanted to say... I've been using this skin since you first released it, and after several years of using xbmc, this is by far my favorite.

Really looking forward to the next alpha.

Zuphael Wrote:Just wanted to let you know: Using it since you first released your alpha.

Just keep going Smile Like the other folks gathering around here, i can't wait to see the beta, with some more functions Smile

just wanted to let you know i bow down everytime i passing this thread Wink

tger3112 Wrote:same here! Laugh

Cheers guys. I can't take all the credit though! Welo's concept is amazing, and Hitcher did some initial coding that's still pretty much in place. Wink

Launcher/Advanced Launcher View - jimmydean1 - 2011-06-17

Wanted to chime in and also thank you, and everyone who has put forth effort in development of this skin. I didnt see a a donate button anywhere, so if i missed it, please point it out. Smile

At the moment the only thing keeping me from a wholesale changeover to even the Welo alpha is that using a program plugin such as launcher or advanced launcher, only yields a default view (the list view with the poster on the right). The plugin utilizes the skin's views, and I know these are 3rd party plugins that i'm sure aren't on your priority list, but for those of us with HTPCs that double as gaming rigs, this would be a most welcome and awesome feature, (and definitely one I would donate for to see make it in a release).

I think the default Wall view used for movies would be just about perfect for this type of display. The main thing desired is the ability to display fanart, game info, and the poster in one view, (similar to the current Welo movie wall view). Below is a sample from the Aeon MQ2 skin using the advanced launcher plugin for Games, (overwrites "programs").

- liquidskin76 - 2011-06-19

jimmydean1 Wrote:Wanted to chime in and also thank you, and everyone who has put forth effort in development of this skin. I didnt see a a donate button anywhere, so if i missed it, please point it out. Smile

At the moment the only thing keeping me from a wholesale changeover to even the Welo alpha is that using a program plugin such as launcher or advanced launcher, only yields a default view (the list view with the poster on the right). The plugin utilizes the skin's views, and I know these are 3rd party plugins that i'm sure aren't on your priority list, but for those of us with HTPCs that double as gaming rigs, this would be a most welcome and awesome feature, (and definitely one I would donate for to see make it in a release).

I think the default Wall view used for movies would be just about perfect for this type of display. The main thing desired is the ability to display fanart, game info, and the poster in one view, (similar to the current Welo movie wall view). Below is a sample from the Aeon MQ2 skin using the advanced launcher plugin for Games, (overwrites "programs").

If you want to donate, donate to XBMC in general. For the greater good!! Wink

Regarding views, you make a very good point. I'll be expanding the views sooner or later, so will definitely sort this one for you. I've added it to the 'to do' list!

Cheers

- ldi9999 - 2011-06-20

Where is the all my video add-on? I can't find anywhere. Thanks

- liquidskin76 - 2011-06-21

ldi9999 Wrote:Where is the all my video add-on? I can't find anywhere. Thanks

You can access video add-ons from the videos sub menu, so press up when on the home page main menu video shortcut.

I'll add it the Movies and TV Show sub menus as well.

I think i'll also add a slightly transparent flashing arrow next to the active home main menu item, to show that there is something there by pressing up.

Cheers

- Hitcher - 2011-06-21

Videos > Video Addons.

Hitcher Wrote:Videos > Video Addons.

Beat you to it! Wink

- Japaja - 2011-06-21

Your welcomed to post Alpha 1.5/2 whenever you feel like it. We can help u hunt down any remaining bugs. Smile

Japaja Wrote:Your welcomed to post Alpha 1.5/2 whenever you feel like it. We can help u hunt down any remaining bugs. Smile

LOL... not yet! Wink

Still working on adding weather and the OSD stuff. Then it's alpha 2 time!

- ldi9999 - 2011-06-21

liquidskin76 Wrote:You can access video add-ons from the videos sub menu, so press up when on the home page main menu video shortcut.

I'll add it the Movies and TV Show sub menus as well.

I think i'll also add a slightly transparent flashing arrow next to the active home main menu item, to show that there is something there by pressing up.

Cheers

Great to have it added under Movies also, since I usually access my movies through Movies menu instead of Video menu. Thanks

- nikc0069 - 2011-06-22

Awesomely smooth on the ATV2. Once the OSDs are ready this is becoming my stock skin Smile

- krish_2k4 - 2011-06-22

one plus having no OSDs is i have learned a lot of shortcuts!

cant wait for alpha 2!

- liquidskin76 - 2011-06-24

F*ck it!!!! Angry

I've spent ages looking through my code trying to figure out why recent/random wasn't working for TV Shows. It wasn't displaying the thumb, title, etc. Thought i had messed something, and was racking my brains for a change i may have made.

Anyway, i've just realised my database has gone funky and was causing it!! Rolleyes

Time for a cup of tea i think!

- krish_2k4 - 2011-06-24

^
dude my heart dropped when i read "fuck it", i thought you had given up lol

you ok with the graphic side? i can help you out with the design work if you need it.