Kodi Community Forum
[ALPHA RELEASE] Welo - a new skin in development for XBMC - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Development (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=32)
+--- Forum: Skinning (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+---- Forum: WIP Skins (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=160)
+---- Thread: [ALPHA RELEASE] Welo - a new skin in development for XBMC (/showthread.php?tid=102199)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44

- liquidskin76 - 2011-07-02

HansP Wrote:any idea of releasedate alpha 2 ? Smile

Well, i've pretty much only got the OSD stuff and weather to sort. The OSD ball is already rolling.

It won't be this weekend as i'm helping out with a family move. Either end of next week maybe or the week after... or the week after that. Give me till Christmas to safe!!!

No, seriousy, hopefully not too long.

Cheers

- Japaja - 2011-07-02

Hitcher Wrote:I've never shown that in a video. Huh

sialivi Wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?=oaagsQfL_Ow

Big Grin

- Hitcher - 2011-07-02

sialivi Wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?=oaagsQfL_Ow

Welo (XBMC) Development Video 1

Note the number one - that was just Welo's background and Alaska's Poster view. How you could have thought that was an actual view I don't know. Wink

- sialivi - 2011-07-02

Hitcher Wrote:Welo (XBMC) Development Video 1

Note the number one - that was just Welo's background and Alaska's Poster view. How you could have thought that was an actual view I don't know. Wink

As already stated:
sialivi Wrote:This is the one I was refering to but it wasn't quite how I remembered it, I thought all the posters were large, not just the one in focus.
Was recalling a few seconds of video posted a year ago after all. Anyhow, a Large Posters view is still needed.

- Brainfrz - 2011-07-07

wow, the topic drifted off to the second page. Keep it alive! Tongue

Anything new to report liquidskin76?

- liquidskin76 - 2011-07-08

@everyone...

I've updated the first post with Alpha v1.5. Thought i might as well get it out there!

The OSD is still missing (sorry, still working on that!) and Weather is there in a very basic form. Hopefully all reported bugs have been fixed, plus there's some other changes. See the second post for a full change log.

Regarding views... i've added large poster for movies/tv shows, and modified large list and wall to match. You'll see they are smaller than the old large views. The reason for this is that the old large list view took up the space needed at the top of the screen for notifications, etc. It was a design change in the name of functionality!

I'm seriously thinking of ditching the smaller views for movies/tv shows and just having the new larger views as there isn't a massive difference. Let me know if you agree.

Alpha v2 is hopefully not too far away.

Cheers Wink

- sialivi - 2011-07-08

Excellent update. Don't remember if this is new in this update or if it was like that in the previous alpha, but the way that the Latest Movies populates on the Home screen isn't very aesthetically pleasing.

I'm guessing you haven't gotten around to the Music Videos section yet, but incase you missed those:

[Music Videos - Missing Artist Name]
The artist name is nowhere to be seen on the Music Videos screen. I would suggest changing the List from showing "<title>" to "<artist> - <title>", and/or adding the artist name next to the fanart, above the title (but in a slightly different color/size).

[Music Videos - Image Aspect Ratio]
The image for Music Videos is in poster format which isn't really useful here since the result is a very badly cropped screenshot of the video.

sialivi Wrote:Excellent update. Don't remember if this is new in this update or if it was like that in the previous alpha, but the way that the Latest Movies populates on the Home screen isn't very aesthetically pleasing.

I'm guessing you haven't gotten around to the Music Videos section yet, but incase you missed those:

[Music Videos - Missing Artist Name]
The artist name is nowhere to be seen on the Music Videos screen. I would suggest changing the List from showing "<title>" to "<artist> - <title>", and/or adding the artist name next to the fanart, above the title (but in a slightly different color/size).

[Music Videos - Image Aspect Ratio]
The image for Music Videos is in poster format which isn't really useful here since the result is a very badly cropped screenshot of the video.

Yeah, the animations on the recent/random arn't complete. It's a bit rough at the moment after the changes i made to how it works. It needs further work!

Haven't looked at the music section yet. Will add those to the list.

Thanks

- krish_2k4 - 2011-07-08

awesome! looking forward to testing the fuck out of this one haha!

[Music View]
The music view went from perfect to messed up! the album covers come out squashed (not square, compare the the now playing cover). The albums not in focus have a grey bar on the top and the shadows are messed up.

and the "Label" under Album Details is still unavailable.

Hey krish,

My bad... just checked and i'd made a mistake! I've sorted and uploaded a new version. Can you download from the first post again and let me know if it's good.

Cheers

- krish_2k4 - 2011-07-08

liquidskin76 Wrote:Hey krish,

My bad... just checked and i'd made a mistake! I've sorted and uploaded a new version. Can you download from the first post again and let me know if it's good.

Cheers

done and the view is perfect now, however when you select an album the cover is still squashed and on the home music page the covers are squashed.

uploaded screenshots, sorry i should of mentioned it in my previous post Blush

- Hitcher - 2011-07-08

The Album to Songs animation only works once; subsequent tries don't slide.

Hitcher Wrote:The Album to Songs animation only works once; subsequent tries don't slide.

Yeah, got that one. The final animations are still to either be done or fine tuned.

Cheers

krish_2k4 Wrote:done and the view is perfect now, however when you select an album the cover is still squashed and on the home music page the covers are squashed.

uploaded screenshots, sorry i should of mentioned it in my previous post Blush

Yep, that's me being a dick again! Big Grin

I've sorted and uploaded a new version. Can you download from the link in the first post and test.

Cheers

- krish_2k4 - 2011-07-08

liquidskin76 Wrote:Yep, that's me being a dick again! Big Grin

I've sorted and uploaded a new version. Can you download from the link in the first post and test.

Cheers

tested, album covers are correct ratio now!