Kodi Community Forum
[ALPHA RELEASE] Welo - a new skin in development for XBMC - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Development (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=32)
+--- Forum: Skinning (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+---- Forum: WIP Skins (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=160)
+---- Thread: [ALPHA RELEASE] Welo - a new skin in development for XBMC (/showthread.php?tid=102199)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44

- liquidskin76 - 2011-07-17

Hey bigounet,

Haven't got a clue when the final release will arrive! Same goes for Alpha v2 or the beta's.

I'll be posting alpha v2 and the beta's here so feel free to test it or use it. Any bug reports or feedback is appreciated.

Cheers

- bigounet - 2011-07-19

I think the skin should be even more minimalist

Much information is useless, for example the logo of the studio.

Can you put a player's screen to see on what basis you're gone

- krish_2k4 - 2011-07-19

^
those arent really bugs, i think people/liquidskin76 want a beta out first.

- Kalliban - 2011-07-21

How about using logos for tv-shows (with a watched-overlay)? Maybe the question has been raised before, it's hard to keep track of the different threads Laugh

- liquidskin76 - 2011-07-22

Kalliban Wrote:How about using logos for tv-shows (with a watched-overlay)? Maybe the question has been raised before, it's hard to keep track of the different threads Laugh

Hey Kalliban,

More views will arrive over time, most likely after the release. Coverflow and banner will be two. Logo's are becoming very popular so i expect that will be another.

Cheers

@everyone,

Alpha v2 will be out soon. Just a got a few small jobs to finish on it. It will be without the OSD stuff unfortunately. The major change to alpha v2 is that it is fully Eden/Nightlies ready (so remember to switch to a recent nightly for Welo use!).

Next release after that will be a complete Welo beta v1. Then beta v2 for bug clean-up, then the final release. Big Grin As beta v1 will basically be a complete Welo, there's no ETA! Got some design/redesign ideas that will be in there, including a completely redesigned and improved settings section. More on that later (and along the way some screens to keep you happy! Wink).

Cheers

- bigounet - 2011-07-22

i think what the OSD is a priority!!

Actually, the skin is not usable because of the lack of OSD

Please, publish screenshot today, for see your work

bigounet Wrote:Actually, the skin is not usable because of the lack of OSD

Well, it is an alpha release, and the skin is still in development! Rolleyes

bigounet Wrote:Please, publish screenshot today, for see your work

Ummm, screen shots of what? The OSD? No point as there isn't much there yet. As for today, i'm a bit busy... you know, with life and stuff!

- bigounet - 2011-07-22

just a question, the logo dts hd master and dolby true hd work at home?

it does not work at home :/

just a test (photoshop) with a theme less dark and more minimalist

I'll hold back the next nightly/eden ready alpha, complete the OSD stuff, then release. Then dig in for the long haul and work on the complete beta. Guess that make more sense.

Cheers

bigounet Wrote:just a test (photoshop) with a theme less dark and more minimalist

Yeah, i've got a view or two in the pipeline that looks like that, in that it's a much larger wall/banner view. It won't be as minimalist as that though.

Cheers

bigounet Wrote:just a question, the logo dts hd master and dolby true hd work at home?

It is appearing for me ok, however it was set to match what i had in my .nfo's, which is 'dolbytruehd' and 'dtsma'. Looks like the scappers use 'truehd' and 'dca'.

I'll sort it for the next release. Thanks for pointing it out.

[EDIT:] for some reason, for me the default scapper isn't seeing dtsma. It treats it as dts, and use 'dca' in the nfo when you export. With a dts movie, it also uses 'dca' in the nfo.

- bigounet - 2011-07-22

I'm not sure but i think what use "dtshd_ma"

I can test for you, if you send me new alpha.

- Hitcher - 2011-07-22

I always keep an eye on what Jezz is using.

ie https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/tree/master/addons/skin.confluence/media/flagging/audio

- krish_2k4 - 2011-07-23

liquidskin76 Wrote:I'll hold back the next nightly/eden ready alpha, complete the OSD stuff, then release. Then dig in for the long haul and work on the complete beta. Guess that make more sense.

Cheers

just a suggestion but maybe setup a repository and push your updates as you go along? that way when a bug is reported you can fix it and just push it so it updates for everyone. will also stop people asking about alpha2 since they can see it being worked on and updated.

this would be ideal for small updates and bug fixes then when you feel alpha2 is ready you can push a big update.

dunno just a suggestion to keep things organised since your going to have to setup a repository (github?) anyway.