Kodi Community Forum
[ALPHA RELEASE] Welo - a new skin in development for XBMC - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Development (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=32)
+--- Forum: Skinning (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+---- Forum: WIP Skins (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=160)
+---- Thread: [ALPHA RELEASE] Welo - a new skin in development for XBMC (/showthread.php?tid=102199)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44

- liquidskin76 - 2011-07-23

krish_2k4 Wrote:just a suggestion but maybe setup a repository and push your updates as you go along? that way when a bug is reported you can fix it and just push it so it updates for everyone. will also stop people asking about alpha2 since they can see it being worked on and updated.

this would be ideal for small updates and bug fixes then when you feel alpha2 is ready you can push a big update.

dunno just a suggestion to keep things organised since your going to have to setup a repository (github?) anyway.

I was going to setup a repo closer to or on the final release, however don't suppose it would hurt to setup one now. I'll get cracking and post an update once it's ready.

Cheers

- liquidskin76 - 2011-07-23

Hitcher Wrote:I always keep an eye on what Jezz is using.

ie https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/tree/master/addons/skin.confluence/media/flagging/audio

Cheers Hitcher. I'll check it out.

- liquidskin76 - 2011-07-25

Ok, Welo is now on my repository. See the first post for details.

Make sure you switch to a recent nightly for Welo use from Alpha v2 onwards. It isn't supported on Dharma or Dharma 10.1 anymore.

Cheers Wink

- jodeman - 2011-07-25

liquidskin76 Wrote:Make sure you switch to a recent nightly for Welo use from Alpha v2 onwards. It isn't supported on Dharma or Dharma 10.1 anymore.

Well, that leaves me out.

Thank you for all the work you've done on this skin. After using it since you first shared it, it's become my default skin. I look forward to the next release of xbmc so I can test the updates you have made.

jodeman Wrote:Well, that leaves me out.

Thank you for all the work you've done on this skin. After using it since you first shared it, it's become my default skin. I look forward to the next release of xbmc so I can test the updates you have made.

Sorry jodeman, now i feel bad! Sad How come you can't switch to a nightly?

I switched to nightlies as i thought it made more sense to work towards to the future (Eden), as by the time Welo is complete and released, Eden will hopefully be ready and it can go into the official eden repo.

- jodeman - 2011-07-25

liquidskin76 Wrote:Sorry jodeman, now i feel bad! Sad How come you can't switch to a nightly?

I switched to nightlies as i thought it made more sense to work towards to the future (Eden), as by the time Welo is complete and released, Eden will hopefully be ready and it can go into the official eden repo.

Oh, no worries. I understand.

I used to use nighties all the time. Unfortunately, I have an atv upstairs, and a revo downstairs. I use a mysql database for the library so it's shared a bit better. Before 10 came out, there were changes to the database fairly frequently which would break one or the other. After that, I decided to stick with full releases. It's my only source of tv watching, so I prefer it to be stable.

I will continue to use welo 1.5 though. It is my favorite skin.

- bigounet - 2011-07-25

Now dts hd master and dolby true hd are ok Smile

Bug: 1.0 audio channel don't appear!

BuG: video codec :WVC1 don't appear

- DuMbGuM - 2011-07-25

Super work, much improved since the last time I had a look at Welo.

Any chance of an option for viewtypes to not show fanart in the future? Specifically fanart in the bottom left. Just think it looks a bit crowded with it there but otherwise near damn perfect! Couldn't find an option and don't think I missed anything.

Cheers and keep it up.

- ldi9999 - 2011-07-25

jodeman Wrote:Oh, no worries. I understand.

I used to use nighties all the time. Unfortunately, I have an atv upstairs, and a revo downstairs. I use a mysql database for the library so it's shared a bit better. Before 10 came out, there were changes to the database fairly frequently which would break one or the other. After that, I decided to stick with full releases. It's my only source of tv watching, so I prefer it to be stable.

I will continue to use welo 1.5 though. It is my favorite skin.

I'm using it on ATV2. Sad

DuMbGuM Wrote:Super work, much improved since the last time I had a look at Welo.

Any chance of an option for viewtypes to not show fanart in the future? Specifically fanart in the bottom left. Just think it looks a bit crowded with it there but otherwise near damn perfect! Couldn't find an option and don't think I missed anything.

Cheers and keep it up.

Cheers for the kind words! There's plenty more to come yet! It's still early days for Welo skin.

There will be an option to hide fanart, plus some view types that don't use the details section at the bottom of page.

Here's to the future! Big Grin

- Japaja - 2011-07-26

I really liked the slide-out animation on music albums, but I see that u replaced it. Where you not able to get the previous one working correctly or was it just a personal preference?

- DuMbGuM - 2011-07-26

liquidskin76 Wrote:There's plenty more to come yet! It's still early days for Welo skin.

Excellent! Good to hear Big Grin

- liquidskin76 - 2011-07-26

bigounet Wrote:Bug: 1.0 audio channel don't appear!

BuG: video codec :WVC1 don't appear

I've made a note of these. I'll sort for next release.

Cheers

- liquidskin76 - 2011-07-26

Japaja Wrote:I really liked the slide-out animation on music albums, but I see that u replaced it. Where you not able to get the previous one working correctly or was it just a personal preference?

It was personal preference. I'm more a 'fade/zoom in' and 'fade/zoom out' guy! If there's a big preference for the old slide out design, i can revert?

Cheers

- espengaasemyr - 2011-07-26

liquidskin76 Wrote:It was personal preference. I'm more a 'fade/zoom in' and 'fade/zoom out' guy! If there's a big preference for the old slide out design, i can revert?

Cheers

+1