Kodi Community Forum
[ALPHA RELEASE] Welo - a new skin in development for XBMC - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Development (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=32)
+--- Forum: Skinning (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+---- Forum: WIP Skins (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=160)
+---- Thread: [ALPHA RELEASE] Welo - a new skin in development for XBMC (/showthread.php?tid=102199)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44

- DuMbGuM - 2011-07-27

OSD looking good. Nod

Edit:

I meant to ask, has anyone got the advancedsettings.xml code so that the season folders and episodes don't repeat after the end of the list? I used to have it but seem to have misplaced it and can't find the correct code in the wiki.

- bandelguy - 2011-07-28

liquidskin76 Wrote:It's not finished yet on the skin. You should just get the background texture, without any content.

However, Hitcher mentioned it also broken in nightlies, so you may see nothing at all.

Cheers

I am getting the background textures only, but getting info on other skins like Xeebo, Backrow.

Media Info on Xeebo

Media Info on Welo

System Info , using nightlies

Its not broken in the nightlies.

- Japaja - 2011-07-28

liquidskin76 Wrote:An OSD is born...! Big Grin

Still plenty to do though before it's finished.

Thank you God. Smile

- liquidskin76 - 2011-07-28

bandelguy Wrote:I am getting the background textures only, but getting info on other skins like Xeebo, Backrow.

Media Info on Xeebo

Media Info on Welo

That what you should be seeing. I haven't coded it yet.

Cheers Wink

- Jezz_X - 2011-07-28

liquidskin76 Wrote:That what you should be seeing. I haven't coded it yet.

Cheers Wink

lol

- dagatech - 2011-07-28

Looking awesome, very excited for next release. Just wondering, will that include the, i'm not sure what its called, 'control panel'? What you get when you press M and use to control subtitles, audio, etc? I use that a lot.

dagatech Wrote:Looking awesome, very excited for next release. Just wondering, will that include the, i'm not sure what its called, 'control panel'? What you get when you press M and use to control subtitles, audio, etc? I use that a lot.

Hey dagatech,

It will indeed! That's part of the OSD stuff, which i'm working on at the moment.

Cheers

bandelguy Wrote:I am getting the background textures only, but getting info on other skins like Xeebo, Backrow.

Media Info on Xeebo

Media Info on Welo

Hey bandelguy,

I'll try and include this on the next update.

Cheers

- krish_2k4 - 2011-07-29

if your in the TV show section the "TV SHOW" goes missing from the main menu?! same goes for any section. i think the section should still be in the main menu to access the sub menu.

might get confusing for the general user who might be puzzled because when you focus off the main menu the section you were on in the menu is highlighted.

Example below, in TV Shows but Movies is highlighted in menu.

also i think i read ages ago that there were going to be arrows to tell users to press up for the sub menus and the down to exit the sub menu, that would be better.

- dagatech - 2011-07-29

liquidskin76 Wrote:Hey dagatech,

It will indeed! That's part of the OSD stuff, which i'm working on at the moment.

Cheers

*evil voice* exxxcccellent....

Smile cool thanks

- liquidskin76 - 2011-07-29

krish_2k4 Wrote:if your in the TV show section the "TV SHOW" goes missing from the main menu?! same goes for any section. i think the section should still be in the main menu to access the sub menu.

might get confusing for the general user who might be puzzled because when you focus off the main menu the section you were on in the menu is highlighted.

Example below, in TV Shows but Movies is highlighted in menu.

also i think i read ages ago that there were going to be arrows to tell users to press up for the sub menus and the down to exit the sub menu, that would be better.

The main menu that appears when in various sub sections of xbmc is not related in anyway to the section you're currently in, or to the sub menu that is used for that section. It's just a shortcut method to get to another section of xbmc without having to return to the home screen.

So my thinking with the sub section main menu is why have a shortcut to the section that you're already in!

Yeah, at some point there will be an up arrow on all main menus to indicate that there is a sub menu.

Cheers

[EDIT:] Maybe a slight redesign is in order? Maybe so that no menu is there, you press up and the sub menu appears, then press up again and you get the main menu?

- bigounet - 2011-07-29

Just a question:

Is it possible to delete home ??

For exemple,directly switch between movie, tv show or music.

- Hitcher - 2011-07-29

Not Movies or TV Shows but Videos, Music, etc can be set in the Appearance settings.

- krish_2k4 - 2011-07-30

liquidskin76 Wrote:The main menu that appears when in various sub sections of xbmc is not related in anyway to the section you're currently in, or to the sub menu that is used for that section. It's just a shortcut method to get to another section of xbmc without having to return to the home screen.

So my thinking with the sub section main menu is why have a shortcut to the section that you're already in!

Yeah, at some point there will be an up arrow on all main menus to indicate that there is a sub menu.

Cheers

[EDIT:] Maybe a slight redesign is in order? Maybe so that no menu is there, you press up and the sub menu appears, then press up again and you get the main menu?

so if your in TV SHOWS were would the arrows go indicating sub menus since there is no TV SHOWS in the main menu when your in TV SHOWS?

- liquidskin76 - 2011-07-30

krish_2k4 Wrote:so if your in TV SHOWS were would the arrows go indicating sub menus since there is no TV SHOWS in the main menu when your in TV SHOWS?

Hmmm, i see where you're coming from. To be honest with you, i haven't actually thought about where to place the arrow(s) yet. Will give it some thought when i come to do it.

Cheers Wink