Kodi Community Forum
[ALPHA RELEASE] Welo - a new skin in development for XBMC - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Development (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=32)
+--- Forum: Skinning (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+---- Forum: WIP Skins (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=160)
+---- Thread: [ALPHA RELEASE] Welo - a new skin in development for XBMC (/showthread.php?tid=102199)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44

- krish_2k4 - 2011-07-30

liquidskin76 Wrote:Hmmm, i see where you're coming from. To be honest with you, i haven't actually thought about where to place the arrow(s) yet. Will give it some thought when i come to do it.

Cheers Wink

lol just giving you some ideas and guidance!

im going to be using this skin for the main room so my parents can use it. they arent so tech savy and need everything explained to them (they are old!).

im just thinking about the people who would use this skin who want an easy to navigate interface with next to no explanation.

a simple arrow next to the sections in the main menu like Image to tell the user to press up for sub menu and then the arrows would change to Image to tell the users to exit the sub menu would be enough.

just a suggestion, something to think about.

- Japaja - 2011-07-30

I like the current menu. It's good for fast switching between sections. Also a better idea would be to finnish the missing parts first and then tweak and add if needed later.

- ldi9999 - 2011-08-03

Where can I add video source? I could not seem to find a way. I had to switch skin back to Confluence and add video source under Video and then switch back.

- Japaja - 2011-08-03

ldi9999 Wrote:Where can I add video source? I could not seem to find a way. I had to switch skin back to Confluence and add video source under Video and then switch back.

When in main menu press UP twice then select files.

- liquidskin76 - 2011-08-03

ldi9999 Wrote:Where can I add video source? I could not seem to find a way. I had to switch skin back to Confluence and add video source under Video and then switch back.

You can access files from either the movies, tv shows, videos, or music sub menus (press up on the home screen), or from the videos section by selecting files.

Cheers

- ldi9999 - 2011-08-03

liquidskin76 Wrote:You can access files from either the movies, tv shows, videos, or music sub menus (press up on the home screen), or from the videos section by selecting files.

Cheers

That's the place I tried. When I select "Files" from "Videos" section. I got a a new menu bar with "Home" and other options (grey out tought). Nothing happened when I select "Home". Escape would bring be back to Videos. Maybe the version I have is too old (v1.5)?

- liquidskin76 - 2011-08-03

ldi9999 Wrote:That's the place I tried. When I select "Files" from "Videos" section. I got a a new menu bar with "Home" and other options (grey out tought). Nothing happened when I select "Home". Escape would bring be back to Videos. Maybe the version I have is too old (v1.5)?

Are you on a recent nightly or are you using Dharma/10.1? Since alpha v2 and the repo setup you need a recent nightly.

v1.5 or earlier was Dharma/10.1 only.

cheers! Wink

- ldi9999 - 2011-08-04

liquidskin76 Wrote:Are you on a recent nightly or are you using Dharma/10.1? Since alpha v2 and the repo setup you need a recent nightly.

v1.5 or earlier was Dharma/10.1 only.

cheers! Wink

Actually I'm using XBMC on ATV2. I installed based on this instruction:
This
Not quite sure what version this is.
I installed v1.5 from zip file and never used repo.

Thanks for your reply!

- Nick5020 - 2011-08-04

Thanks so much for this skin I love it, I pretty much just use xbmc for movies and music and this works perfect and the colors match my living room setup Smile

Made account here just to say thanks!

Cant wait for final release.

-Nick

- liquidskin76 - 2011-08-04

Nick5020 Wrote:Thanks so much for this skin I love it, I pretty much just use xbmc for movies and music and this works perfect and the colors match my living room setup Smile

Made account here just to say thanks!

Cant wait for final release.

-Nick

Hey Nick,

Glad you're enjoying it!

Cheers Wink

- Tobby - 2011-08-04

How do I try this skin? I have never changed skin before, so please help. Smile

Do I need the recent nightly build?

- krish_2k4 - 2011-08-04

Tobby Wrote:How do I try this skin? I have never changed skin before, so please help. Smile

Do I need the recent nightly build?

check the first post Nod

- Tobby - 2011-08-04

krish_2k4 Wrote:check the first post Nod
Silly me. I'll check it out. Thanks.

sorry if theyve already been found mentioned... - jcarmi04 - 2011-08-04

i saw Welo on youtube two days ago, read through the old Welo/Hitcher stuff (GREAT WORK BOTH!) and have went through both pre-alpha and alpha with liquidskin76 (and Hitcher). first, THANK YOU for continuing this! amazing, AMAZING skin. a little too buggy for me now, but this thing will rock my/XBMC's world when in beta and complete.

...needless to say, ive read a lot of posts in the past couple of days and cant remember if these bugs have come up. (i can clarify screens if you would like)...using latest nightbuild (which meant i had to uninstall dharma, 'tear')

*im not a hat-in-hand kinda guy though, so let me know if i can help out in any way!!!

other 4... - jcarmi04 - 2011-08-04

6 limit per pix