Kodi Community Forum
[ALPHA RELEASE] Welo - a new skin in development for XBMC - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Development (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=32)
+--- Forum: Skinning (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+---- Forum: WIP Skins (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=160)
+---- Thread: [ALPHA RELEASE] Welo - a new skin in development for XBMC (/showthread.php?tid=102199)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44

- Tobby - 2011-08-04

Great work, here are text errors in swedish in the main menu if you're interested.

http://img19.imageshack.us/img19/6417/namnlst2v.png

- krish_2k4 - 2011-08-04

is the "now playing" part of the skin messed up for anyone else with the recent nightly build (3rd August)?

it goes completely missing, shows up in the settings section and it says "now playing" in the fanart part in the movies section (overlays the fanart).

edit: i'll post screenshots later if anyone wants to see the bugs.

- liquidskin76 - 2011-08-04

Tobby Wrote:Great work, here are text errors in swedish in the main menu if you're interested.

http://img19.imageshack.us/img19/6417/namnlst2v.png

Hey Tobby,

At the moment all translations are being pulled from the general XBMC language xml's.

I'll put a call out for custom translations before release.

Thanks

- jcarmi04 - 2011-08-04

I had that problem. First time testing Welo though, so hadn't seen it work ever. Just had posted screens earlier without explanations since there were quite a few things (which I imagined/hoped was from the recent Nightly).

Thanks again for the great work, liquidskin76!!

ldi9999 Wrote:Actually I'm using XBMC on ATV2. I installed based on this instruction:
This
Not quite sure what version this is.
I installed v1.5 from zip file and never used repo.

Thanks for your reply!

I don't know if that's a 10.1 build or a nightly build? I would make sure you're on a nightly build (check forum for upgrade instructions? Blush) and start using the repo versions.

Cheers Wink

krish_2k4 Wrote:is the "now playing" part of the skin messed up for anyone else with the recent nightly build (3rd August)?

it goes completely missing, shows up in the settings section and it says "now playing" in the fanart part in the movies section (overlays the fanart).

edit: i'll post screenshots later if anyone wants to see the bugs.

jcarmi04 Wrote:I had that problem. First time testing Welo though, so hadn't seen it work ever. Just had posted screens earlier without explanations since there were quite a few things (which I imagined/hoped was from the recent Nightly).

I've only tested on the July 10th nightly build, and all's good.

I'll give the most recent (4th Aug) a go now.

Cheers

jcarmi04 Wrote:i saw Welo on youtube two days ago, read through the old Welo/Hitcher stuff (GREAT WORK BOTH!) and have went through both pre-alpha and alpha with liquidskin76 (and Hitcher). first, THANK YOU for continuing this! amazing, AMAZING skin. a little too buggy for me now, but this thing will rock my/XBMC's world when in beta and complete.

...needless to say, ive read a lot of posts in the past couple of days and cant remember if these bugs have come up. (i can clarify screens if you would like)...using latest nightbuild (which meant i had to uninstall dharma, 'tear')

*im not a hat-in-hand kinda guy though, so let me know if i can help out in any way!!!

Hey jcarmi04,

There may be problems with the most recent nightlies. I'm checking it now...

Cheers

Ok, Welo on August 3rd and 4th build is bad. July 30th build is good though.

[EDIT:] August 2nd build is good.

[EDIT:] Hang on...!

[EDIT:] Yep, as far as i can see Aug 2nd is good.

jcarmi04 Wrote:I had that problem. First time testing Welo though, so hadn't seen it work ever. Just had posted screens earlier without explanations since there were quite a few things (which I imagined/hoped was from the recent Nightly).

Hey jcarmi04,

Can you try the Aug 2nd nightly and let me know if any of those bugs are still there.

Thanks

[EDIT:] version 0.2.0 (alpha 2) should be pretty much bug free at this stage of development. bear in mind though that it is still missing some incomplete parts, like the keyboards (one of your screens). cheers

- sialivi - 2011-08-04

liquidskin76,

Just a reminder of a few minor things I've reported in the past that aren't fixed yet:

[Missing Setting]
A "Hide Settings" option in the settings.

[Folder Shadow]
When browsing Pictures the shadow is the same for folders and pictures. This looks very weird for the folders since the shadow doesn't match it at all. Maybe a folder looking background image could be added behind the 4 thumbnails?

[Music Videos - Missing Artist Name]
The artist name is nowhere to be seen on the Music Videos screen. I would suggest changing the List from showing "<title>" to "<artist> - <title>".

- jcarmi04 - 2011-08-04

Sorry, liquidskin76/all...not trying to take away from the next alpha or a beta, etc. Just wanted to put it where I saw it. Will check the Aug 2 one momentarily, especially off my screens (since I didn't go further than that since something was obviously wanko). Regards.

- liquidskin76 - 2011-08-05

sialivi Wrote:liquidskin76,

Just a reminder of a few minor things I've reported in the past that aren't fixed yet:

[Missing Setting]
A "Hide Settings" option in the settings.

[Folder Shadow]
When browsing Pictures the shadow is the same for folders and pictures. This looks very weird for the folders since the shadow doesn't match it at all. Maybe a folder looking background image could be added behind the 4 thumbnails?

[Music Videos - Missing Artist Name]
The artist name is nowhere to be seen on the Music Videos screen. I would suggest changing the List from showing "<title>" to "<artist> - <title>".

Hey sialivi,

#1... i had forgotten about! Sorry... i've added to the to-do list. Wink

#2... is already on the the list!

#3... I haven't looked at the music video section yet so not sure what right/wrong. It's on the list to look at!

@all...

I've been real busy this week (off work on holiday however just as busy as being at work!!) so not much has happened. I'll be picking things up again next work.

Cheers

jcarmi04 Wrote:Sorry, liquidskin76/all...not trying to take away from the next alpha or a beta, etc. Just wanted to put it where I saw it. Will check the Aug 2 one momentarily, especially off my screens (since I didn't go further than that since something was obviously wanko). Regards.

Don't worry, no problem! Wink Let me know how it goes.

Thanks

- jcarmi04 - 2011-08-05

Hi liquidskin76, so, it went so so (used the August 2 Nightly):

(1)as you can see, there is overlap

(2)i noticed this (remnants/overlap) as i was flipping back and forth from the embedded player to the full screen movie...

(3)what it seems to actually be is caused by the mouse, as keyboard toggling present no problems

(4)not the end of the world, but the player popped up on the home screen as soon as i played the movie (lag somewhere) before jumping into full screen

(5)second to last: cover art on tv shows is still jacked (might be user error?!?!)

(6) finally: compare this to my other screens from earlier, and the mouse scroll is wonky in my opinion (when scrolling off the screen in this shot it is smoother/more fluent than in Welo). not the end of the world either (also...BIG sorry...but i'm not a fan of the mouse graphic.....WAYYYYYY small potatoes), but just am making you aware for a heads up.

These new screens and re-tests are just based off my original screens and I haven't poked around much beyond that. Again, sorry if they're been mentioned before and not trying to hold up the process (OSD would be awesome!!!!). As always, I'm here to help if needed...

Regards

jcarmi04 Wrote:Hi liquidskin76, so, it went so so (used the August 2 Nightly):

(1)as you can see, there is overlap

(2)i noticed this (remnants/overlap) as i was flipping back and forth from the embedded player to the full screen movie...

(3)what it seems to actually be is caused by the mouse, as keyboard toggling present no problems

(4)not the end of the world, but the player popped up on the home screen as soon as i played the movie (lag somewhere) before jumping into full screen

(5)second to last: cover art on tv shows is still jacked (might be user error?!?!)

(6) finally: compare this to my other screens from earlier, and the mouse scroll is wonky in my opinion (when scrolling off the screen in this shot it is smoother/more fluent than in Welo). not the end of the world either (also...BIG sorry...but i'm not a fan of the mouse graphic.....WAYYYYYY small potatoes), but just am making you aware for a heads up.

These new screens and re-tests are just based off my original screens and I haven't poked around much beyond that. Again, sorry if they're been mentioned before and not trying to hold up the process (OSD would be awesome!!!!). As always, I'm here to help if needed...

Regards

Ok, here goes...!

#1... keyboard parts haven't been coded yet.

#2 and #3... mouse use isn't supported, hence the big red cross over the mouse icon!

#4... yeah, animations haven't been completed yet, so need tweaking in places. A slight delay on appearance of the overlay is needed.

#5... that looks like an odd cover size/shape? What are your other covers looking like? What does that cover look like in confluence?

#6... same as #2 and #3. no mouse support! However i'll make the mouse icon larger.

Regarding OSD, it's on the way. Welo is still in alpha so bits are missing or incomplete. There's still some way to go, so hopefully Welo will rock when 100% complete!

Cheers for pointing stuff out though. Keep it coming if you find anything else that might be a bug.

Thanks