Kodi Community Forum
[ALPHA RELEASE] Welo - a new skin in development for XBMC - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Development (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=32)
+--- Forum: Skinning (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+---- Forum: WIP Skins (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=160)
+---- Thread: [ALPHA RELEASE] Welo - a new skin in development for XBMC (/showthread.php?tid=102199)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44

- Japaja - 2011-08-12

It's still 0.2.0 for me in your repo.

- liquidskin76 - 2011-08-12

Japaja Wrote:It's still 0.2.0 for me in your repo.

Yeah, i've haven't pushed any updates since then. Been really busy with work and stuff. However i've been back on the job the last few days!

Default art is now in place (monster photoshop session!), and OSD is nearly complete. Sorted some other bugs and made a few small cosmetic changes. Also planning on having movie info (press 'i') finished. Then i'll push that update as alpha v2.5 (0.2.5).

Next up after that will be to complete weather, complete the keyboards, and sort the new settings section design, plus some other small bits. That i expect will make up beta v1 (0.5.0).

Thanks for everyones patience!

Cheers Wink

- Japaja - 2011-08-12

Hehe, no problem I was just pulling your leg with above comment. Smile

- liquidskin76 - 2011-08-12

A subtle way of saying 'get a move on'!! Laugh No problem. Big Grin

- bigounet - 2011-08-17

a date for V2.5 please Big Grin

- liquidskin76 - 2011-08-19

bigounet Wrote:a date for V2.5 please Big Grin

Hmmmmm, very demanding! Stare Big Grin

Just got the OSD stuff to complete, then it's alpha v2.5 (0.2.5) time. Time is tight at the moment so i'm only able to grabbing an hour here and there.

I'm getting there though. I think i might update the first post with an exact list of what's left.

Cheers

Yep, just updated the first post with a to-do list. It doesn't look like much, however you're all fools if you really think that!!! Rofl

- krish_2k4 - 2011-08-19

push the OSD, thats the one thing i need in my life LOL!

krish_2k4 Wrote:push the OSD, thats the one thing i need in my life LOL!

I'm sorting that now, so will be in the next update! Wink

Great skin! But need help with XBMC's Nightly builds - joeks - 2011-08-20

Excellent skin LiquidSkin76! My new favorite.
At the moment I am running a stable XBMC release, but it doesn't really work well with some of the skins features (as you mentioned in first post).
For instance, switching between Movies and TV-shows doesn't work.

So I need to update to a Nightly XBMC version. But do they only come as clean installs? I mean, if I update over my current version (10.10) do I lose all my apps and settings? Can someone maybe clear some things up for me about Nightly builds? System is running fine now, don't want to have to tell my girlfriend that she can't watch Grey's Anatomy tonight because I screwed up our Media center Smile

- krish_2k4 - 2011-08-20

joeks Wrote:Excellent skin LiquidSkin76! My new favorite.
At the moment I am running a stable XBMC release, but it doesn't really work well with some of the skins features (as you mentioned in first post).
For instance, switching between Movies and TV-shows doesn't work.

So I need to update to a Nightly XBMC version. But do they only come as clean installs? I mean, if I update over my current version (10.10) do I lose all my apps and settings? Can someone maybe clear some things up for me about Nightly builds? System is running fine now, don't want to have to tell my girlfriend that she can't watch Grey's Anatomy tonight because I screwed up our Media center Smile

i install them over the the current version, it wont wipe out your media, it will just update xbmc.

- Martijn - 2011-08-20

krish_2k4 Wrote:i install them over the the current version, it wont wipe out your media, it will just update xbmc.

ONe point is though there are some addons you need to update manually as you need the pre-eden versions. Also once you switch to pre-eden (nightly) there's no way back!! It will update you database to the new db engine. To be sure make a backup of your database. The rest will be fine

- joeks - 2011-08-20

Thanks for the info guys! I am more confident to try the nightly build now.
Maybe a stupid question, but are the nightly builds stable enough for normal use, watching HD media?

- joeks - 2011-08-20

Updated to the latest nightly build, everything in XBMC works great as before, subtitle add-on etc.. I am Happy!

(Sorry for the edits, but I had problems at first after the update to get XBMC to autostart. That's solved now, thanks)

- krish_2k4 - 2011-08-28

hows it goin on the OSD front?