Kodi Community Forum
[ALPHA RELEASE] Welo - a new skin in development for XBMC - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Development (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=32)
+--- Forum: Skinning (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+---- Forum: WIP Skins (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=160)
+---- Thread: [ALPHA RELEASE] Welo - a new skin in development for XBMC (/showthread.php?tid=102199)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44

- liquidskin76 - 2011-08-28

krish_2k4 Wrote:hows it goin on the OSD front?

Hey Krish,

I've been away on business, plus things have been a bit crazy, so time has been real short for XBMC stuff!

Gonna get back on the case next week so hopefully i'll have the last alpha out by the end of next week. The OSD will be part of that.

Cheers

- joeks - 2011-08-28

Looking forward to the next Alpha! When the OSD is included I never have to switch back to another skin Smile

- liquidskin76 - 2011-08-31

Well, that's encouraging. Since i set up the repo a month and bit ago, the repo zip file has been downloaded 961 times! Big Grin

Bet that doesn't mean 961 users are using Welo alpha though!! Laugh

- warlion - 2011-08-31

i just install the repository but is nothing show any other place where i can get welo i will love to try

- Hitcher - 2011-08-31

Force Refresh it.

yeah, for some reason when a repo is installed for the first time, nothing shows in it. restarting xbmc refreshes it.

cheers

- krish_2k4 - 2011-08-31

liquidskin76 Wrote:Well, that's encouraging. Since i set up the repo a month and bit ago, the repo zip file has been downloaded 961 times! Big Grin

Bet that doesn't mean 961 users are using Welo alpha though!! Laugh

You giving a hint if it reaches 1000 downloads you will release an update? Wink Big Grin

krish_2k4 Wrote:You giving a hint if it reaches 1000 downloads you will release an update? Wink Big Grin

Nope... next update at 1842. Get downloading people! Laugh

- Japaja - 2011-09-01

Awww.. does it count if the download is from same IP address? Big Grin

- liquidskin76 - 2011-09-01

LOL... that will do!

- ldi9999 - 2011-09-02

Can you take a look of profile handling? I have two profiles with logon screen enabled. WELO skin show a blank screen (with WELO background though). I could not go nowhere from there. Profile logon screen works with xbmc default skin .Thanks!

- Hitcher - 2011-09-02

ldi9999 Wrote:Can you take a look of profile handling? I have two profiles with logon screen enabled. WELO skin show a blank screen (with WELO background though). I could not go nowhere from there. Profile logon screen works with xbmc default skin .Thanks!

That's because it's an alpha release. Wink

- ldi9999 - 2011-09-02

Hitcher Wrote:That's because it's an alpha release. Wink

I understand. But this is a big deal since the skin is basically unusable to me. I have two profiles for me and kids.

- Rygrath - 2011-09-02

ldi9999 Wrote:I understand. But this is a big deal since the skin is basically unusable to me. I have two profiles for me and kids.

Best bet would be to use a skin that's in a release stage, many to choose from. Alpha (especially alpha) and Beta skins shouldn't be used for your main system that's going to be used everyday. As they will no doubt be missing features as they are not yet complete.

Lots and lots and lots go into making a skin and they can take a good long while until they are complete. I'm sure the Profile screen (amongst others) is on his To-Do list and will eventually be put in when he can find the time. Wink

- ldi9999 - 2011-09-02

Rygrath Wrote:Best bet would be to use a skin that's in a release stage, many to choose from. Alpha (especially alpha) and Beta skins shouldn't be used for your main system that's going to be used everyday. As they will no doubt be missing features as they are not yet complete.

Lots and lots and lots go into making a skin and they can take a good long while until they are complete. I'm sure the Profile screen (amongst others) is on his To-Do list and will eventually be put in when he can find the time.

Thanks.
I really like the skin and would want to use it. I was happy with it until having multiple profiles. If the missing functions are inside, I don't really care as long as the main functions are there. But this logon issue basically stops me from using it.Sad
Well, I guess I have to switch back to default skin until this issue is fixed.