Kodi Community Forum
[ALPHA RELEASE] Welo - a new skin in development for XBMC - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Development (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=32)
+--- Forum: Skinning (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+---- Forum: WIP Skins (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=160)
+---- Thread: [ALPHA RELEASE] Welo - a new skin in development for XBMC (/showthread.php?tid=102199)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44

- dagatech - 2011-09-05

liquidskin76 Wrote:Excellent, cheers. Wink

Not with you on this one! Can you post a screen.

Yeah, got that one already. I'll sort when i complete the osd stuff.

Thanks. Wasn't aware of that one. I'll take a look.

Yeah, got rid of that for some reason that i can't remember now. Rolleyes I'll bring it back!

Cheers
Cool, I'll look forward to the next version. Below are screens of what I mean, first images is episode list, second is when you press "I" on an episode.

This makes sense for movies, that info would show the fanart, but for episodes I think it would work better if it showed the screenshot. Hardly a big deal though!

- dagatech - 2011-09-05

Also, just for fun I was playing around with the overlays and came up with two small modifications. Just sharing in case anyone else is interested.

Video Info overlay, I changed the stars to be current time and aligned them. Once I'm watching something, the rating doesn't really matter to me Smile

video OSD, I vertically centered the progress bar and moved the times so they fit inside it. Just prefer the look of this.

- Waven - 2011-09-06

@ liquidskin76

Amazing work!

One short question: Are there any plans to add a option to display the watched status in list view behind the title in the list itself instead on the picture?
Especially for tv shows it would be much easier to find the first unwatched episode.

Cheers

- toby77jo - 2011-09-06

dagatech

can you please share you modification as i like it a lot and would like to use it

- liquidskin76 - 2011-09-06

Waven Wrote:@ liquidskin76

Amazing work!

One short question: Are there any plans to add a option to display the watched status in list view behind the title in the list itself instead on the picture?
Especially for tv shows it would be much easier to find the first unwatched episode.

Cheers

There is, yes! Wink

dagatech Wrote:Also, just for fun I was playing around with the overlays and came up with two small modifications. Just sharing in case anyone else is interested.

Video Info overlay, I changed the stars to be current time and aligned them. Once I'm watching something, the rating doesn't really matter to me Smile

video OSD, I vertically centered the progress bar and moved the times so they fit inside it. Just prefer the look of this.

toby77jo Wrote:dagatech

can you please share you modification as i like it a lot and would like to use it

I'm going to tweak the video OSD design so something similar to this is going to happen anyway.

Cheers!

[EDIT:] hopefully this week sometime! Gonna get the music osd and players controls finished as well. I jumped the gun slightly on the video osd... maybe i should have waited until i finished it before pushing the update out!!! Rolleyes

- Waven - 2011-09-06

Nice :-)

- dagatech - 2011-09-06

liquidskin76 Wrote:I'm going to tweak the video OSD design so something similar to this is going to happen anyway.

Cheers!

[EDIT:] hopefully this week sometime! Gonna get the music osd and players controls finished as well. I jumped the gun slightly on the video osd... maybe i should have waited until i finished it before pushing the update out!!! Rolleyes
no, waiting longer would not have been good Big Grin I'll look forward to seeing the next version!

- ldi9999 - 2011-09-06

liquidskin76 Wrote:Hey ldi9999,

Yeah, it's a bug. The login screen was there in a very very very very very basic form (!!), however at some point i broke it i expect!!

Is fixed ready for the next update.

Cheers

Thank you so much!
I don't really care if the logon screen is a very basic or fancy one, as long as it's working. Can't wait to switch it back to WELO!

ldi9999 Wrote:Thank you so much!
I don't really care if the logon screen is a very basic or fancy one, as long as it's working. Can't wait to switch it back to WELO!

Test when you can and let me know if it's working ok for you!

Cheers

- ldi9999 - 2011-09-08

liquidskin76 Wrote:Test when you can and let me know if it's working ok for you!

Cheers

It works. Thank you so much! Now I'm back to WELO.

- krish_2k4 - 2011-09-10

sooooooooo much better with an OSD, keep up the good work bro!

- tuckbodi - 2011-09-10

Hi Liquidskin, excellent job so far! Thank you for all your hard work!

Now that Welo has gotten to a point where it's very useable, I thought I'd ask this question... Are you planning on allowing this to be theme-able? I.E., will you be making available the uncompressed textures so we can make our own themes?

Way back when, I made some mock-ups which can be easily done to the PSD files Hitcher made available later on, which have of course changed in the process of time.

http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=580276&postcount=305

Then, if I understand it correctly, it's just a matter of customizing the graphics and putting it into its own named textures file. Welo is perfect for this and I thought that was one of the great attractions of Alaska. And if you made the textures available on Git, that would make it even easier to maintain any changes you make as you go. Just throwing it out there..

- liquidskin76 - 2011-09-11

tuckbodi Wrote:Hi Liquidskin, excellent job so far! Thank you for all your hard work!

Now that Welo has gotten to a point where it's very useable, I thought I'd ask this question... Are you planning on allowing this to be theme-able? I.E., will you be making available the uncompressed textures so we can make our own themes?

Way back when, I made some mock-ups which can be easily done to the PSD files Hitcher made available later on, which have of course changed in the process of time.

http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=580276&postcount=305

Then, if I understand it correctly, it's just a matter of customizing the graphics and putting it into its own named textures file. Welo is perfect for this and I thought that was one of the great attractions of Alaska. And if you made the textures available on Git, that would make it even easier to maintain any changes you make as you go. Just throwing it out there..

Hey tuckbodi,

Yeah, the textures will be available sooner or later. There's going to be some texture changes and design changes to come so it won't be right now. It's still a bit too early i think.

Looking forward to seeing the mod's that appear! Nod

Cheers

- liquidskin76 - 2011-09-11

krish_2k4 Wrote:sooooooooo much better with an OSD, keep up the good work bro!

Still early days for that OSD! Hopefully it will improve. Big Grin