Kodi Community Forum
[ALPHA RELEASE] Welo - a new skin in development for XBMC - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Development (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=32)
+--- Forum: Skinning (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+---- Forum: WIP Skins (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=160)
+---- Thread: [ALPHA RELEASE] Welo - a new skin in development for XBMC (/showthread.php?tid=102199)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44

- liquidskin76 - 2012-01-02

Regarding 'On Deck', i expect so yes, however not on release.

Cheers

- dagatech - 2012-01-02

very excited about a release. This has been my skin for months now and it's the best one I've ever used..just what I want. Thanks for your hard work!

Nod

- binauchda - 2012-01-12

Hi,

I followed this thread a long time and switched now to the latest XBMC beta and installed Welo for the first time. Looks great. But one thing I'm wondering about it how can I configure/access the "Big List" view, where the "Watched", "Starts" and "Runtime" items can be checked or unchecked. As seen in this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wIc8lC8gcqU&feature=results_main&playnext=1&list=PLB63CAEB006D2955F

I only find the "List" view without these checkboxes.

Thanks,
Stefan

- liquidskin76 - 2012-01-12

binauchda Wrote:Hi,

I followed this thread a long time and switched now to the latest XBMC beta and installed Welo for the first time. Looks great. But one thing I'm wondering about it how can I configure/access the "Big List" view, where the "Watched", "Starts" and "Runtime" items can be checked or unchecked. As seen in this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wIc8lC8gcqU&feature=results_main&playnext=1&list=PLB63CAEB006D2955F

I only find the "List" view without these checkboxes.

Thanks,
Stefan

That's the original Welo project / development build by Welo/Hitcher. At the moment it's not there, however will be sooner or later.

Cheers

- binauchda - 2012-01-13

liquidskin76 Wrote:That's the original Welo project / development build by Welo/Hitcher. At the moment it's not there, however will be sooner or later.

Cheers

I thought so, you wanted to be sure. Looking forward to it. Thanks, keep up the good work. Really appretiated.

- Lucleonhart - 2012-01-27

Uaaah, i need some news! Wink
*bump*

- liquidskin76 - 2012-01-31

Lucleonhart Wrote:Uaaah, i need some news! Wink
*bump*

Sorry guys... once again, real life and work is getting in the way of things! Rolleyes

By the end of next week i'll should be at the end of a very busy period at work for me, so will be pushing on then. In the meantime i'll be doing small bits as and when i get chance.

Cheers Wink

- nvaia - 2012-01-31

8 months later......

- liquidskin76 - 2012-02-01

nvaia Wrote:8 months later......

Hmmm, i give up... cannot for the life of me guess what you're gonna be up to in 8 months time? Oh, hang on... maybe you'll still be posting pointless trolling sarcastic negative comments? Did i guess right?

Me... in 8 months time hopefully i'll still be enjoying some free time with my 3 year old daughter, watching movies on XBMC, getting pissed now and then, and still be earning a living as an IT manager. Oh yeah, i also hope i'll still be skinning as a hobby, and trying to give something back to XBMC. Then again, maybe comments like the above will make me think what's the point.

Cheers Rolleyes

- butchabay - 2012-02-01

@liquidskin76
Don't take care about such useless comments man. It's ready when it's ready ...
Enjoy your family.
Thanks for keeping this masterpiece alive.
Cheers

- Kokonutcreme - 2012-02-01

liquidskin76 Wrote:Me... in 8 months time hopefully i'll still be enjoying some free time with my 3 year old daughter, watching movies on XBMC, getting pissed now and then, and still be earning a living as an IT manager.

Much respect, I know how difficult it is to juggle the demands of your personal life with your professional life and still find time to dedicate to what is a hobby pursuit.

I'm slowly learning about skinning in XBMC by modding which is the same way I learnt when using YAMJ on my popcorn hour. It does mean very late nights as I can't start until after the twins are bathed and read to, having dinner, cleaning up and then spending some quality time with my wife before I get into it, normally around 10:30pm. I honestly don't know how you do it.

I shouldn't be bitching about it really. The time i give is nothing compared to what some devs and skinners give! Blush Hopefully when Welo is done, it will live up to expectations. Big Grin

Cheers

- nvaia - 2012-02-01

liquidskin76 Wrote:Hmmm, i give up... cannot for the life of me guess what you're gonna be up to in 8 months time? Oh, hang on... maybe you'll still be posting pointless trolling sarcastic negative comments? Did i guess right?

Me... in 8 months time hopefully i'll still be enjoying some free time with my 3 year old daughter, watching movies on XBMC, getting pissed now and then, and still be earning a living as an IT manager. Oh yeah, i also hope i'll still be skinning as a hobby, and trying to give something back to XBMC. Then again, maybe comments like the above will make me think what's the point.

Cheers Rolleyes

In 8 months, we will still be waiting for a Beta release of this skin. Soooooo.... yes, my sarcastic comments will ensue.

An IT manager? That definitely beats my Metallurgical Chemist position, hands down. Way to shoot for the stars! Daddy loves you!

But honestly, this is not the correct environment for all this negative banter. We all know you have your private life to live and can not be expected to work steadily on this project. I've just never seen a Beta release take so long to complete.

Most of the skins on here are pretty basic and not very good, aesthetically.
Can you blame me for wanting my home theatre to look beautiful and have a complete skin installed?

- dagatech - 2012-02-01

liquidskin76 Wrote:I shouldn't be bitching about it really. The time i give is nothing compared to what some devs and skinners give! Blush Hopefully when Welo is done, it will live up to expectations. Big Grin

Cheers

Hell man, this has been my only skin since you released the alpha, and there really aren't any problems with it. Far as I'm concerned it already far surpassed expectations. I'm looking forward to another release because I like shiny new things, but there's certainly no complaints about the skin as is.

nvaia Wrote:In 8 months, we will still be waiting for a Beta release of this skin. Soooooo.... yes, my sarcastic comments will ensue.

nvaia Wrote:An IT manager? That definitely beats my Metallurgical Chemist position, hands down. Way to shoot for the stars! Daddy loves you!

Mate, what's your problem. And what's the flipping point of you gracing this forum, if you have nothing useful to post.

nvaia Wrote:I've just never seen a Beta release take so long to complete.

I can see from all the skins you have released that you hold very high standards regarding deadlines and release dates. Rolleyes

Anyway, our conversation ends here. I'm not gonna waste my time on you anymore.