Kodi Community Forum
[ALPHA RELEASE] Welo - a new skin in development for XBMC - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Development (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=32)
+--- Forum: Skinning (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+---- Forum: WIP Skins (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=160)
+---- Thread: [ALPHA RELEASE] Welo - a new skin in development for XBMC (/showthread.php?tid=102199)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44

- sialivi - 2011-05-26

liquidskin76 Wrote:The 'to-do' list keep growing! Eek Shocked Big Grin

Just wait 'til you start accepting requests Wink

- meridius - 2011-05-26

liquidskin76 Wrote:No problem mate. Wink

I've just had a quick look and i haven't got a web-dl source flag. I'll try and track one down. Could you upload if you have a copy anywhere?

Thanks

[EDIT:] i've got a WEBTV flag, however no WEB-DL flag.

it might be webtv can not remember will have to look but i use hitchers alaska and that has the right logo and maybe he will let you use it ?

cheers

- liquidskin76 - 2011-05-26

sialivi Wrote:I access the view options all the time, most of the time to toggle whether watched movies should be hidden or not (hidden when I use xbmc alone, visible when I'm having guests).

One of my objections is that the current layout adds extra keypresses, if it reduced the number of keypresses I would probably be of another opinion:

Current: 1 button to reach the section selection, 2 buttons to reach the view options.
Suggested: 1 button to reach the section selection, 1 button to reach the view options.

I'll tell you what i'll do. I'll add a skin option to hide the main menu on the sub sections (like movies, tvshows, etc).

Best of both worlds then! Will keep everyone happy!! Big Grin

- sialivi - 2011-05-26

liquidskin76 Wrote:I'll tell you what i'll do. I'll add a skin option to hide the main menu on the sub sections (like movies, tvshows, etc).

Best of both worlds then! Will keep everyone happy!! Big Grin

Much appreciated Smile

- tuckbodi - 2011-05-26

Congrats to liquid for a great job so far! And thank you for releasing something we can play with. And as always, thanks to Welo for the vision and to Hitcher for the initial work. I'm digging this skin already!

I'm a fan of the blue as I think there's enough gray. Maybe a toggle or even better, let people mod/add their own?

- paul - 2011-05-26

Great looking skin,
I never expected this to run at all well on my asrock atom 330HT, But i runs very well.
As others have said navigation of the views is a little odd but hey i can live with that.
The only real nitpick for me is the poor use of media flags they really look naff, it would look far better without media flags or use some flags similar to the ones used in fusion.

Look forward to seeing this completed but for now i will stick with "Fusion"

tuckbodi Wrote:I'm a fan of the blue as I think there's enough gray. Maybe a toggle or even better, let people mod/add their own?

Yeah... hmmmm, a nice pink central section would look lovely! One for the ladies!!

paul Wrote:The only real nitpick for me is the poor use of media flags they really look naff, it would look far better without media flags or use some flags similar to the ones used in fusion.

Thanks Paul. Good to know it's running smoothly.

The flags are the default ones that seem to have been floating around for ages. I'll look into maybe changing in the future.

Cheers

- sialivi - 2011-05-26

On the topic of Media Flags, it seems a bit superfluous to have an HD flag next to the star ratings when there are also a resolution flag at the bottom of the screen.

However, I suppose there will at some point be an option to hide the Media Flags and then the HD flag would make more sense. Maybe then the HD flag should only be visible when the Media Flags are disabled, but I'm looking too far a head.

- sialivi - 2011-05-26

I ****ing love this skin Smile

[Music Videos - Missing Artist Name]
The artist name is nowhere to be seen on the Music Videos screen. I would suggest changing the List from showing "<title>" to "<artist> - <title>", and/or adding the artist name next to the fanart, above the title (but in a slightly different color/size).

[Music Videos - Image Aspect Ratio]
The image for Music Videos is in poster format which isn't really useful here since the result is a very badly cropped screenshot of the video.

- esprit - 2011-05-26

liquidskin76 Wrote:Regarding the colour tint on the central section of the background...

When trying to improve gradient banding on the backgrounds, i mistakely used the wrong colour tint on that part. It was grey. Now it has a slight blue'ish tint.

I'm planning on changing it, however wanted to check something first...

Looking at it now, it looks more vivid and i think it makes the background more alive. What does everyone else think? Grey or slightly blue tinted?

I can post screen comparisons if needed (or check Hitchers screen comparisons from thread page 3).

Thanks

[EDIT:] so you all know... Welo had both colours in his mockups, hence i how came to use the wrong one!
I prefer the slightly blue tinted one.

- sialivi - 2011-05-26

liquidskin76 Wrote:Looking at it now, it looks more vivid and i think it makes the background more alive. What does everyone else think? Grey or slightly blue tinted?

Even though I generally love grey, I think I will have to vote for the blue tinted one in this case. It does, as you said, make it feel more alive.

- DazNoonan - 2011-05-26

Yeah i agree leave the colour as it is Smile

- DazNoonan - 2011-05-26

liquidskin76 Wrote:Thanks Paul. Good to know it's running smoothly.

The flags are the default ones that seem to have been floating around for ages. I'll look into maybe changing in the future.

Cheers
Media Flags arn't they best but they do the job, some smaller ones would be nice like the ones maybe used in Aeon Nox or something? Or the ones in Rapier are also nice, if I remember correctly.

- Hitcher - 2011-05-26

Media flags