Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Artist Slideshow addon (for skin integration) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow addon (for skin integration) (/showthread.php?tid=102703)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19

- spiderlane - 2012-01-07

Hi Ronie,

OK, here is the debug log -> http://pastebin.com/pqgLKi4Y

The steps taken were :

1. Start XBMC
2. Go to music, then Party Mode (quickest way to get multiple artists)
3. Go to full screen

What happens is that the first artist image is shown (for Maximo Park) but no more. When the next track comes on (Aaron Neville), the first image for that artist is immediately shown but no more, and then so on for the next track. I can see from the debug log that multiple images are actually downloaded, but they are not displayed.

However after a while something interested started happening : when it got to the track by The Who, the slideshow started (without any intervention from me). I then stopped the playback at this point and took the log.

The first section of the MusicVisualisation.xml are as follows :

Code:
<window id="2006">
        <defaultcontrol>999</defaultcontrol>
        <allowoverlay>no</allowoverlay>
        <controls>
        <control type="button" id="999">
               <posx>-10</posx>
               <posy>-10</posy>
               <width>1</width>
               <height>1</height>
               <onfocus>RunScript(script.artistslideshow)</onfocus>
          </control>
          <control type="multiimage">
               <posx>0</posx>
               <posy>0</posy>
               <width>1280</width>
               <height>720</height>
               <imagepath background="true">$INFO[Window(Visualisation).Property(ArtistSlideshow)]</imagepath>
               <aspectratio>keep</aspectratio>
               <timeperimage>5000</timeperimage>
               <fadetime>2000</fadetime>
               <randomize>true</randomize>
               <animation effect="fade" start="0" end="100" time="300">Visible</animation>
               <animation effect="fade" start="100" end="0" time="300">Hidden</animation>
               <visible>IsEmpty(Window(Visualisation).Property(ArtistSlideshowRefresh))</visible>
          </control>

System details :

XBMC Version - Eden B1 Built on Dec 24 2011 (Git:20111222-22ad8e4)
ATV OS - Darwin iOS (11.0.0 AppleTV2,1, Version 4.3 (Build 8F305))
Skin : Default Confluence with modifications shown above

Hope this helps. If any more information would be of assistance, I'll gladly provide it.

Thanks,
Mark

- ronie - 2012-01-07

spiderlane Wrote:Hope this helps. If any more information would be of assistance, I'll gladly provide it.

cheers for the log :-)
the images for The Who where previously downloaded, so that will explain why that one did work.

if you could make this change in the script and see if that makes a difference,
in default.py, line 254, replace:
Code:
self.WINDOW.clearProperty("ArtistSlideshow")
with:
Code:
self.WINDOW.setProperty("ArtistSlideshow", xbmc.translatePath('special://profile/addon_data/%s/' %  __addonname__ ))

cheers!

- spiderlane - 2012-01-08

Hi Ronie

Thanks for the response. I made the edit to default.py as suggested but the behaviour is still the same unfortunately.

Would a new debug log help out at all?

Cheers
Mark

- ronie - 2012-01-08

spiderlane Wrote:Hi Ronie

Thanks for the response. I made the edit to default.py as suggested but the behaviour is still the same unfortunately.

Would a new debug log help out at all?

Cheers
Mark

nah, Debug Log wouldn't be any good.

there's one more thing you could try though,
in default.py, line 255, replace:
Code:
time.sleep(0.3)
with:
Code:
time.sleep(3)

let me know if that makes a difference :-)

- spiderlane - 2012-01-13

Hi Ronie,

Sorry about the long time to get back to you.

OK, so I made the change you suggested and it works! It takes about 40 - 60 seconds when a new artist comes on to start scrolling the images, but it certainly seems to work as expected now.

Excellent. You rock. Smile

Mark

ETA : I'm testing with different artists which won't have been previously downloaded in other tests.

- ronie - 2012-01-15

spiderlane Wrote:OK, so I made the change you suggested and it works! It takes about 40 - 60 seconds when a new artist comes on to start scrolling the images, but it certainly seems to work as expected now.

cool, thanx!

whenever you got a minute to spare,
mind testing it with time.sleep(1) as well?

- spiderlane - 2012-01-20

Hi Ronie

I tried with the value at 1 and it generally worked OK, but there were a couple of artists where it seemed to get "stuck". I subsequently tried with a value of 2 and it works very reliably now

Hope that helps

Thanks
Mark

- User 113989 - 2012-01-23

Is there anyway i can view/delete the downloaded images? It's seems that I have a lot of low quality images, since i didn't change the "image size"-option right from the get go Smile

- ronie - 2012-01-23

they are all stored here:
../userdata/addon_data/script.artistslideshow/ArtistSlideshow

might be easiest just to delete everything and start fresh :-)

- fional - 2012-01-28

Changing that line from 0.3 to 3 worked the trick for me, though for me the pictures are cycling quite fast. About 3 seconds maybe.

Also, many of the pictures are off the screen, in that I just see like a torso and their heads and such aren't there. I don't recall that issue in Dharma for me Tongue I'm sure I might have something set-up wrong, but I've been tinkering with this and I can't quite figure out what. I tried setting the minimum settings to like 800x600 and whatnot, but no go. I'm at 1920x1080.

Also, what does download additional artist information do? I've toggled it on and off but noticed no difference?

Thanks Smile

- ronie - 2012-01-28

fional Wrote:for me the pictures are cycling quite fast. About 3 seconds maybe.

the skin determines the time each image is being displayed.

fional Wrote:Also, many of the pictures are off the screen, in that I just see like a torso and their heads and such aren't there.
that's a skin thing too, if it stretches the images, things will get cropped.

fional Wrote:Also, what does download additional artist information do? I've toggled it on and off but noticed no difference?
it downloads additional info: artist biography, list of albums released by the artist and a list of similar artists.
it's up to the skin to display this info.

- spiderlane - 2012-01-28

Just to chime in - this script is working really well for me now (on ATV 1, and ATV 2) with one small issue. If you advance onto the next track manually (and the artist is different) then it continues to show the previous artist thumbs. If you let the track advance on it's own (as the previous one finishes) then the artist thumbs are changed as you'd expect.

- ronie - 2012-01-28

spiderlane Wrote:Just to chime in - this script is working really well for me now (on ATV 1, and ATV 2) with one small issue. If you advance onto the next track manually (and the artist is different) then it continues to show the previous artist thumbs. If you let the track advance on it's own (as the previous one finishes) then the artist thumbs are changed as you'd expect.

Debug Log :-)

- fional - 2012-01-28

ronie Wrote:the skin determines the time each image is being displayed.

that's a skin thing too, if it stretches the images, things will get cropped.

it downloads additional info: artist biography, list of albums released by the artist and a list of similar artists.
it's up to the skin to display this info.

Ok cool Smile Thank you!

- Oddsodz - 2012-01-29

Here is a tip. Only let the addon get images from HTBackDrops. You will find that all the images are of a higher standard and that they are nice and big to fill the screen. You don't have to mess with size settings or anything like that. Leave them default. Bad news is that some artist will not show up do to lack of images at HTBackDrops. I Myself find that the images from lastFM are small and of poor quality. But each to their own. This is just a tip.