Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Artist Slideshow addon (for skin integration) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow addon (for skin integration) (/showthread.php?tid=102703)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19

- Martijn - 2011-08-22

ronie Wrote:to the best of my knowledge it's not. the script needs an equivalent of os.listdir that will work with smb:// shares on eden.

since xbmcvfs doesn't support it, there's nothing i can do to make it work

Well just checked and apperently they got away with it. When setting up cdartmanager and selecting the different used paths i can select smb:// and after a couple of seconds it returns the different pc's on which i have shares. So far i had no problems at all with this.
Don't ask me how it work because i am no programmer. When reading the the code I can understand the basics what it does but that's as far as i go.
Here a screenshot of the settings panel.
http://img841.imageshack.us/img841/1541/screenshot103r.png

- ronie - 2011-08-22

Machine-Sanctum Wrote:Well just checked and apperently they got away with it. When setting up cdartmanager and selecting the different used paths i can select smb:// and after a couple of seconds it returns the different pc's on which i have shares. So far i had no problems at all with this.
Don't ask me how it work because i am no programmer. When reading the the code I can understand the basics what it does but that's as far as i go.
Here a screenshot of the settings panel.
http://img841.imageshack.us/img841/1541/screenshot103r.png

storing images on a smb share is not the problem,
it's listing the contents of a directory that's currently not possible.

the script needs to list the dir to find out which (if any) images were previously downloaded
and compare them to the ones currently available on last.fm / htbackdrops.

- Martijn - 2011-08-22

ronie Wrote:storing images on a smb share is not the problem,
it's listing the contents of a directory that's currently not possible.

the script needs to list the dir to find out which (if any) images were previously downloaded
and compare them to the ones currently available on last.fm / htbackdrops.

Aah now i understand Nerd
It's not the same as to check if cover or cdart already exist and check if it has lower res and if so replace?
From what i can understand from the code it uses a temporary work_path in between operation (of some sort)
But if it's not possible so be it. You're a far better expert on this than i am. We'll just have to wait until it is.
If you can make the custom path option that would be great. At least i can set the path to a different local drive or else it will flood my primary drive.

- ronie - 2011-08-22

Machine-Sanctum Wrote:Aah now i understand Nerd
It's not the same as to check if cover or cdart already exist and check if it has lower res and if so replace?

indeed, checking for a file existence is different from listing the contents of a directory. ;-)

- fional - 2011-08-22

I have tried and tried to recreate that problem and it isn't happening. But when I posted the initial report, it was happening loads. I'm not sure what I changed, cause I just imported a load of TV Shows - did their logo - ran the programme and it's working grand!

I've tried and tried to hammer it - the only thing I can think of is that it's an issue of attrition - like over time. So next time I'm playing loads of music, I'll keep an eye - because when it was happening before, it was during a house party.

- Martijn - 2011-08-22

ronie Wrote:indeed, checking for a file existence is different from listing the contents of a directory. ;-)

Just ran the download "fan arts" option in cdart manager. First I deleted the extrafanarts folder inside
"smb://MACHINE-SANCTUM/Media1/Muziek bestanden/Albums/Daft Punk/"
Then I ran autodownload fanarts. After it was finished it only return that it downloaded the three fanarts for "Daft Punk".

The log also returned for example:
Code:
19:29:40 T:5156   DEBUG: [script.cdartmanager] - Fanart already exists, skipping
As for Daft punk:
Code:
19:28:39 T:5156   DEBUG: [script.cdartmanager] - Building Directory
19:28:39 T:5156   DEBUG: Previous line repeats 1 times.
19:28:39 T:5156   DEBUG: [script.cdartmanager] - Downloading artwork...
19:28:39 T:5156   DEBUG: [script.cdartmanager] - Path: 'smb://MACHINE-SANCTUM/Media1/Muziek bestanden/Albums/Daft Punk\\extrafanart'
19:28:39 T:5156   DEBUG: [script.cdartmanager] - Filename: 'daft-punk-4e494109bf1ef.jpg'

Here's part of the log (pastebin has now a 500kb limit Oo)
http://pastebin.com/vQCK3vmH

- ronie - 2011-08-22

frankly that's another reason why i don't like to add smb:// support.

what cdartmanager does is fetch a list of available images and checks their existence one by one.

for most popular artists last.fm will return a list of 50 images,
this means the script has to make 50 calls to your smb drive.

i don't know if that's good or bad, but it seems like hammering your smb drive to me.

- Martijn - 2011-08-22

ronie Wrote:frankly that's another reason why i don't like to add smb:// support.

what cdartmanager does is fetch a list of available images and checks their existence one by one.

for most popular artists last.fm will return a list of 50 images,
this means the script has to make 50 calls to your smb drive.

i don't know if that's good or bad, but it seems like hammering your smb drive to me.
Thanks for clearing that for me. Well the difference is you don't use it all the time so that not a big problem. The slideshow is always while playing music so that would indeed be a a lot of stress on the drives. Maybe in the future there will be a beter way to handle this. Maybe some sort of XML file with lists the already downloaded files. So you only have to check that and update it. Just a thought
Anyway. That for your time and effort.

- fional - 2011-08-24

ronie Wrote:most definitely :-)

if you could post a log for each of those, i'll have a peek.

OK! It happened and I got a log!

In this, I had downloaded a couple clearart logos. I put on a playlist and listened. After 3 or 4 songs, I fell asleep on the sofa, but it seemed to be working fine. When I awoke, it was just cycling through Beatles backgrounds, but Beatles were not playing. I let it go through a song, Paul Simon, nothing changed, so - I quit the yoke.

It was working fine before I drifted off, I can't say for sure when it failed on me, but here are the relevant bits of the log. I removed the bits which were complaining about my HDs being disconnected, etc.

http://pastebin.com/yn2tJ8DL

Thanks!

- ronie - 2011-08-24

fional Wrote:OK! It happened and I got a log!

wish i could tell you anything,
but there's no errors in the log.

there will be a new version of the script pretty soon,
hopefully that'll fix your issue as well.

- iorifly - 2011-08-25

Its use as background images? AeonMQ3 use the skin, the images appear small in the corner they want to fund ...

- ronie - 2011-08-25

iorifly Wrote:Its use as background images? AeonMQ3 use the skin, the images appear small in the corner they want to fund ...

if the images appear too small in the skin then it'a a skin issue.

best ask for help in the aeon mq3 support thread.

- iorifly - 2011-08-25

ok thanks

No Problem in skin too - Wanilton - 2011-08-25

iorifly Wrote:ok thanks
In Skin aeonmq3, Marcos, use this script for show images in a little space, this is how skinner use the script, there are no problem or issue.

- fional - 2011-08-25

ronie Wrote:wish i could tell you anything,
but there's no errors in the log.

there will be a new version of the script pretty soon,
hopefully that'll fix your issue as well.

Would it help if I tried logging with full debugging on?

I was only asleep for about 2 hours, and when I had that gathering, I noticed it after maybe 90 minutes. I'll test the thing again with the new version!

Thanks for looking!