Kodi Community Forum
[MOD] Horizontal Confluence Modded - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Confluence (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=125)
+---- Thread: [MOD] Horizontal Confluence Modded (/showthread.php?tid=103001)

- minimoe - 2011-07-09

mad-max Wrote:glad that you like it...

why you can't install? no clue...will have to take a look into it...

but maybe I have the one or other hint:

what about downloading the skin from here: http://code.google.com/p/repository-xbmcnerds/source/browse/branches/eden-pre/skin.moddedconfluence/skin.moddedconfluence-0.5.zip
and then install via zip?

or

what about extracting the zip and copying it to the addons-folder?

Are you able to select the skin from "appearance"?

mm

Hey Mad-max.

I looked at my logs and it seems that XBMC deletes the files in the skin.moddedconfluence folder as soon as I install it. I can't see the skin icon in the list of available skins, only its name and when I switch to windows explorer while XBMC is running, there is no skin.moddedconfluence folder in addons.

I'll try to upload the log later, it's quite huge, around 2.5MB

- minimoe - 2011-07-09

mad-max Wrote:glad that you like it...

why you can't install? no clue...will have to take a look into it...

but maybe I have the one or other hint:

what about downloading the skin from here: http://code.google.com/p/repository-xbmcnerds/source/browse/branches/eden-pre/skin.moddedconfluence/skin.moddedconfluence-0.5.zip
and then install via zip?

or

what about extracting the zip and copying it to the addons-folder?

Are you able to select the skin from "appearance"?

mm

Here are the logs fro my failed attempts to install the skin. Sorry for not using Pastebin but it's giving me trouble.

Right after installing the skin from the repo I get hundreds of "delete" lines like this one

Code:
15:13:43 T:1216 M:819740672   DEBUG: FileManager: delete special://home/addons/skin.moddedconfluence/media/flagging/studios/Stage 6 Productions.png

I tried to install the skin from the zip file but it didn't work, I got the dreaded "dependencies not met" message, even after installing the quicksearch plugin.

I unzipped the file in my addons folder and now it finally works. It appears normally in the skins list, with its icon and everything.

I hope this helps Smile

- mad-max - 2011-07-11

new Release V0.6---Update first post...

mm

- woohooseb - 2011-07-15

minimoe Wrote:I unzipped the file in my addons folder and now it finally works. It appears normally in the skins list, with its icon and everything.

I hope this helps Smile

It helped !
Unzipped the folder and pasted to the addon good place, made it work, where nothing else did before that.
Thank you Big Grin
So it's working now on my ATV2.

- mad-max - 2011-07-15

woohooseb Wrote:It helped !
Unzipped the folder and pasted to the addon good place, made it work, where nothing else did before that.
Thank you Big Grin
So it's working now on my ATV2.
Great that it worked...hope you like it...feedback alwas welcomed...

mm

- Yappa - 2011-07-26

Just installed it and noticed the added transparency of the codec icons. Nice.

What I like even more is that you gave us the option to remove both the dark floor and the XBMC logoin the home screen. That way I can still see the subtitles of my anime videos.

Though I am wondering if it's just me and my installation (latest Windows nightly), since the dark floor is nowhere to be seen, even with "Hide Floor" unchecked. A bug?

- mad-max - 2011-07-26

Hey boingman...

yes, there is a problem with the floor...will be fixed in the next release...
unfortunately I don't know when this will happen because pvr is in progress for the next version...let's see how fast I can get this integrated...

BTW: Glad that you like it....

cheers

- mad-max - 2011-07-27

NEW RELEASE: Version 0.8

Major Changes:
- Added PVR-Support
- Added WeatherWidget in Home Screen
- Added Support for Genre-Artwork in Movies
- Altered the Pause-Dialog for Videos
- Altered VideoInfo Screen
- CodeCleanup
- many minor fixes and improvements

Screenshots can be found here:
http://www.xbmcnerds.com/index.php?page=Thread&threadID=5015

GenreCover and GenreFanart can be downloaded here:
http://code.google.com/p/repository-xbmcnerds/downloads/list

cheers,
mm

- Yappa - 2011-07-27

Weird, when I try to download it via eden-pre repo xbmcnerds repo, I only get version 0.6.
Or is it not up yet?

- mad-max - 2011-07-28

V.0.8 is already up...checked this behaviour but can't reproduce it...you might hit the refresh button for the repo...

cheers,
mm

- Mudislander - 2011-07-28

mad-max Wrote:NEW RELEASE: Version 0.8

Like your Mod, had a quick look at it today. If you don't mind I'm going to "steal" your Concerts idea. Have been wondering what todo about Music Videos.

Two small things, firstly I had not yet installed Ronies global search script so clicking on your search button nothing happened. I would suggest putting in a visible tag e.g.
Code:
<visible>!Skin.HasSetting(HomeMenuNoSearchButton)+ System.HasAddon(script.globalsearch)</visible>
or something.

The other thing I like your Showcase view but on the bottom left the age limit & studio icons are on top of each other.

Cheers

- Yappa - 2011-07-28

mad-max Wrote:V.0.8 is already up...checked this behaviour but can't reproduce it...you might hit the refresh button for the repo...

cheers,
mm

The refresh button was greyed out, but I got it to work by simply reinstalling XBMC after an Uninstall, incl. deleting my profile data. Smile

I like the blueish status bar though, so I am sad to see it gone. I am satisfied with that smaller bar instead of the bigger one when skipping forward/backward in the video.
I also noticed that, when pausing the video and then browsing the submenus, the preview screenshot of the media info menu (I am not using the library mode, so there's no banner/poster) is actually overlaying two settings menu choices ("System" and "Skin").
Additionally, when I press "i" on the keyboard a second media info bar comes up and overlays the first one.
Yeah, so I think that I actually prefer version 0.6, probably because it was closer to the original Confluence skin. Sorry.
Regarding the weather info when highlighting the "weather" button in the home menu: Do I need to install the weather widget separately? Because I don't see any change. Maybe there's something wrong again in my installation.

- mad-max - 2011-07-29

@ mudislander:
thanks for the nice words...
regarding the search script: thanks for the hint...was something I did not think about...will take a look into it...
showcae-view? did you check in the skin-setting"german-mpaa rating"? If so just disable and try again...

@boingman:
the ovaerlaying info group when paused is a known issue...already fixed for the next release...
you wrote: "I also noticed that, when pausing the video and then browsing the submenus, the preview screenshot of the media info menu (I am not using the library mode, so there's no banner/poster) is actually overlaying two settings menu choices ("System" and "Skin")."
Can you send me a screenshot? did not get that...thanks...
Did you enable the weather-widget in homescreen via skin-settings?

sorry that you don't feel well with the new pause osd...this is one of my favorite mods right now...maybe you can port over the things you like from my mod to a standard-confluence and have a skin like you want it...if you nedd help, just drop a pm...

mm

- Yappa - 2011-07-29

mad-max Wrote:@boingman:
the ovaerlaying info group when paused is a known issue...already fixed for the next release...

Okay.

Quote:you wrote: "I also noticed that, when pausing the video and then browsing the submenus, the preview screenshot of the media info menu (I am not using the library mode, so there's no banner/poster) is actually overlaying two settings menu choices ("System" and "Skin")."
Can you send me a screenshot? did not get that...thanks...

Sure.

Quote:Did you enable the weather-widget in homescreen via skin-settings?
My bad, didn't know that I also needed to lower the menu. Now it works.

Quote:sorry that you don't feel well with the new pause osd...this is one of my favorite mods right now...maybe you can port over the things you like from my mod to a standard-confluence and have a skin like you want it...if you nedd help, just drop a pm...
mm
Well, to be honest, it would be great if you could allow me to continue using version 0.6.

- mad-max - 2011-07-29

Hey boingman...thanks for the screenshot...now I know what you mean...will fix that in one of the next versions...

of course are you allowed to use V.0.6...you can download it from here:
http://repository-xbmcnerds.googlecode.com/svn-history/r73/branches/eden-pre/skin.moddedconfluence/skin.moddedconfluence-0.6.zip