Kodi Community Forum
Headphones - Music albums & artists auto download program - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Headphones - Music albums & artists auto download program (/showthread.php?tid=103688)

- Rusty_nl - 2011-07-20

This is a great tool. Thank you so much.

Just a really stupid question, how do I add a music folder in the exe version on windows?

My music is on Z:\HD5\MUSIC on a network share, but I cant seem to get added.
I feel very stupid, so no need to point that out more ;-)

[edit] nevermind figured it out. I did put it in correct, was just too impatient.

- seand - 2011-07-20

Most recent commit seems a lot more stable and better at finding all my artists on UnRAID so far. Thanks.

Also like the clearer organization in terms of version and auto-backup.

Great work!

- joelones - 2011-07-20

I changed the Music Library path to a new directory and headphones does not seem to pick up the new files.

The log doesn't indicate a new scanning thread or anything. Is there something I could do to force a rescan?

EDIT: Seems to work now, guess wasn't very patient.

Have processing - BBCritical - 2011-07-22

When does the have processing take place and how does it work?

- seand - 2011-07-22

So got the newest commit again (7/22/11) and have good news and bad news on the UnRAID.

Like the previous update when I clicked on the update it seemed to start the update and never refresh in the web daemon. Eventually get a warning about "illegal headers". However if I reload the main url it comes up fine and it appears the new commit is running, so it may be a minor issue in the handoff.

Good news: the new commit seems much more effective at locating and snatching titles i.e. albums I had identified on a manual search of nzbmatrix but which headphones didn't find previously it identified and snatched to sab immediately in the new version. This happened repeatedly so I'm confident that something has improved dramatically in headphones ability to correctly identify nzbs.

Bad news: the update wiped clean all my "wanted" albums and reset them all to "skipped" - which is how I realized it was identifying and snatching albums more effectively than previously when I went back to reset them to "wanted".

I'm very impressed with some of the recent progress on headphones. This is really shaping into a reliable, effective piece of software. Good work.

- rembo10 - 2011-07-23

seand Wrote:So got the newest commit again (7/22/11) and have good news and bad news on the UnRAID.

Like the previous update when I clicked on the update it seemed to start the update and never refresh in the web daemon. Eventually get a warning about "illegal headers". However if I reload the main url it comes up fine and it appears the new commit is running, so it may be a minor issue in the handoff.

Good news: the new commit seems much more effective at locating and snatching titles i.e. albums I had identified on a manual search of nzbmatrix but which headphones didn't find previously it identified and snatched to sab immediately in the new version. This happened repeatedly so I'm confident that something has improved dramatically in headphones ability to correctly identify nzbs.

Bad news: the update wiped clean all my "wanted" albums and reset them all to "skipped" - which is how I realized it was identifying and snatching albums more effectively than previously when I went back to reset them to "wanted".

I'm very impressed with some of the recent progress on headphones. This is really shaping into a reliable, effective piece of software. Good work.

The latest few updates improved the way albums are searched. Glad to hear it's working better!

As for the bad news - that's actually an issue that had been fixed. The older versions were marking all albums as skipped (unless they were upcoming). So even wanted albums were being marked as skipped during the artist update. It no longer changes the status. So the problem you're seeing is just a remnant of the old code and has since been resolved.

Appreciate the kind words :-) I'm really happy with the way it's turning out, especially with the new quality settings.

@BBCritical - the 'Have' processing is done whenever you do a music scan, or every few hours. I believe the interval can be changed in the config.ini. It reads the metadata on your files to get the artist/album/track info. The only other way to do that would be to set up a strict folder & filename structure like sickbeard.

- seand - 2011-07-23

Just updated a new commit again 7/23/11 and on UnRaid it succesfully completed the update all on its own and reatained my old "wanteds". Thanks again.

- rembo10 - 2011-07-25

I forgot who was asking about this but the new version has support for singles, EPs, compilations, live albums and remixes :-)

It's also way faster.

http://github.com/rembo10/headphones

- toymachine2009 - 2011-07-25

This Program has HUGE potential. Lots of bugs and quirks. I just set it up myself. After using sickbeard for quite sometime I always wanted one for music. Seems great but not as easy to use as sickbeard

Anyways. I got some Albums downloaded and like other comments before it said I do not Have the album it was just snatched I assume that is due to it not post processing which leads me to my next question I cant figure out how to post process I set it to the right folders accordingly in settings but how do I get it to go and actually do the post processing. I would also assume that would help me clean up my xbmc library cause its a mess without post processing.

EDIT: read on the website that they are working on post processing.. Once that works program will be a lot better.

- splnuts - 2011-07-25

Just updated and it lost all of my previously detected albums and now is not detecting any albums.

log location - prostuff1 - 2011-07-25

I would really really like to see the ability to specify where the logs are kept. SABnzb and SickBeard both allow for this and it comes in handy on systems like unRAID.

If/When you get that added it would be a nice addition.

- _Mikie_ - 2011-07-26

Any way to make the exe version run without the cmd windows open?

- HenryFord - 2011-07-26

No, unfortunately that is not possible.

- RikP - 2011-07-26

_Mikie_ Wrote:Any way to make the exe version run without the cmd windows open?

I made a simple vbs script which hides the cmd window.

Copy the following 2 lines inside a text file which you call "headphones.vbs" (make sure you don't hide known extensions!).
Code:
Set WshShell = WScript.CreateObject("WScript.Shell")
Return = WshShell.Run("headphones.exe", 0, false)

Now place this file in the same folder as headphones and run it.
It will hide the cmd window!

- Krazypoloc - 2011-07-26

Massive progress since I tried this a week ago! Keep up the great work guys this looks great!