Kodi Community Forum
Headphones - Music albums & artists auto download program - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Headphones - Music albums & artists auto download program (/showthread.php?tid=103688)

- Mar2zz - 2011-08-06

First question about db:
remove headphones.db (and if any headphones.db-journal) in your headphones directory.

2nd:
No(t yet), it annoys me too. I have a lot of compilations (like 100+ soundtracks, a lot of trance-compilations and more...) all individual artists (many I have never heard or cared about) are scanned to the db).

I am going to request mysql-support, that will scale a lot better I think when having lots of music, and it's easier to maintain db with phpmyadmin (or from commandline).

- steve1977 - 2011-08-06

Mar2zz Wrote:2nd:
No(t yet), it annoys me too. I have a lot of compilations (like 100+ soundtracks, a lot of trance-compilations and more...) all individual artists (many I have never heard or cared about) are scanned to the db)

One work-around is to add an "album artist" to your soundtracks / compilations. This way, it will not be scanned. A lot "cleaner" for itunes/xbmc anyways.

- joelones - 2011-08-06

steve1977 Wrote:One work-around is to add an "album artist" to your soundtracks / compilations. This way, it will not be scanned. A lot "cleaner" for itunes/xbmc anyways.

Not sure how well that work-around works. All my compilation albums have the Album Artist tag set (i.e., Various Artists for certain compilations, etc) and I've noticed Headphones still adds specific compilation artists to its database. Unless I'm missing something...

Just a couple of things I've mentioned in another post...

1) I've got a directory "P!nk" and headphones interprets the artist as "Mr P!NK", is there any way to manually select an artist after a mis-scan?

2) For the post-processing, would it be possible to incorporate finer control for certain tags, e.g.: for one disc albums, I like to fill the Discnumber tag like this: 1/1, have yet to try multiple disc albums though. For the track tag, I generally like this format 1/10 (for a ten song album, I think this is the default?), othes prefer 1,2,3...., For the Album Artist tag, I like it filled as well, generally with the same info from the Artist tag.

3) Also for post-processing, would it be possible to allow for the creation of CD 1, CD 2 subdirectories for multiple disc albums?

- grassmunk - 2011-08-08

I just updated to the most recent Git and have a problem, it's easier to show with pictures:

This is my home screen:

It shows how many songs I have for the two Artists. However, when I click on the artist it either shows that I have no albums (Beastie Boys) or only have one of the three albums:

Beastie Boys:

Eric Hutchinson:

- steve1977 - 2011-08-08

joelones Wrote:Not sure how well that work-around works. All my compilation albums have the Album Artist tag set (i.e., Various Artists for certain compilations, etc) and I've noticed Headphones still adds specific compilation artists to its database. Unless I'm missing something...

This is not about the "tag". For every file, you will need to have an "albumartist" defined. For example, all my soundtracks have the tag "Soundtrack" (the compilation tag is actually not set). So, headphones searches for "soundtrack" without success and as a result does not add it to the database.

joelones Wrote:1) I've got a directory "P!nk" and headphones interprets the artist as "Mr P!NK", is there any way to manually select an artist after a mis-scan?

Not yet, but there is an open ticket on GIT.

- kri kri - 2011-08-08

Is there a way to have music in your library automatically renamed the processed? I put some music in my download folder but it is not being processed.

- joelones - 2011-08-09

steve1977 Wrote:This is not about the "tag". For every file, you will need to have an "albumartist" defined. For example, all my soundtracks have the tag "Soundtrack" (the compilation tag is actually not set). So, headphones searches for "soundtrack" without success and as a result does not add it to the database.

I'm not quite sure what you mean? So you're not referring to the albumartist tag? In my case this is set to Various Artists and the Artist tag is set to the artist. If headphones scans the Artist tag, wouldn't it always pull out each artist from the compilation and add it to the db anyway?
Could you elaborate? What program do you use to create this?

- Aenima99x - 2011-08-09

grassmunk Wrote:I just updated to the most recent Git and have a problem, it's easier to show with pictures:

This is my home screen:

It shows how many songs I have for the two Artists. However, when I click on the artist it either shows that I have no albums (Beastie Boys) or only have one of the three albums:

Beastie Boys:

Eric Hutchinson:

Same problem here. The count on the homepage does not match what shows in the individual artists.

- steve1977 - 2011-08-09

joelones Wrote:I'm not quite sure what you mean? So you're not referring to the albumartist tag? In my case this is set to Various Artists and the Artist tag is set to the artist. If headphones scans the Artist tag, wouldn't it always pull out each artist from the compilation and add it to the db anyway?
Could you elaborate? What program do you use to create this?

Now I understand your setting. Are you on the most recent built? Using MP3s? There used to be an issue with FLAC/M4A and albumartists in the past.

The most recent one should look for the "album artist" if it exists. Difference with my setting is that it is not called "various artists", but "soundtrack", but I don't think that this should make a difference.

I am using Picard to tag my collection, but again this should not make a difference.

- steve1977 - 2011-08-09

Aenima99x Wrote:Same problem here. The count on the homepage does not match what shows in the individual artists.

Yes, that's a current bug (with an open ticket on GIT).

What it currently does is count all tracks with the artists being mentioned in the artist view. In your case, I assume you will Beastie Boys albums that are not on the list (because they are live albums, etc.). That's why you see this behavior.

- grassmunk - 2011-08-09

steve1977 Wrote:Yes, that's a current bug (with an open ticket on GIT).

What it currently does is count all tracks with the artists being mentioned in the artist view. In your case, I assume you will Beastie Boys albums that are not on the list (because they are live albums, etc.). That's why you see this behavior.

Actually, the beastie boys is To the 5 Bouroughs and Hello Nasty which you can see in this screenshot are showing 0 songs

- steve1977 - 2011-08-09

grassmunk Wrote:Actually, the beastie boys is To the 5 Bouroughs and Hello Nasty which you can see in this screenshot are showing 0 songs

I am quite sure that they are not perfectly tagged. So, headphones succeeds to identify them as Beastie Boys (which is the reason why they show up on the artist view). It does not succeed to identify them as the album. Would suggest you change the tag to exactly what it says on the Musicbrainz (i.e., same spelling). Then re-scan and see whether they show up.

- bean_ian - 2011-08-09

Hi rembo, latest version looks great!
Just have one issue. when i search for an Album, Now 79. It pulls it back and i click add album. It then searches the index sites with this query'Various Artists Now That's What I Call Music! 79'
That does not return any results, whereas if I exclude the Various Artists bit from the search term it pulls back results.
Any way you can exclude the artist name in the search time from compilations?

- grassmunk - 2011-08-09

steve1977 Wrote:I am quite sure that they are not perfectly tagged. So, headphones succeeds to identify them as Beastie Boys (which is the reason why they show up on the artist view). It does not succeed to identify them as the album. Would suggest you change the tag to exactly what it says on the Musicbrainz (i.e., same spelling). Then re-scan and see whether they show up.

I swear I'm not trying to be obnoxious (and I love Headphones so bare with me). This is what is on MusicBrainz:

And this is the current tags in Mp3Tag

I just want to solve this for this one album (because this is occurring for multiple artists) so that I can make the same changes to all artists. This was working before I did a Git pull and decided to test it by deleting the headphones.db/headphones.db-journal files

- rflores2323 - 2011-08-09

I like the new UI. looking alot better. great job. testing it out right now.