Kodi Community Forum
Headphones - Music albums & artists auto download program - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Headphones - Music albums & artists auto download program (/showthread.php?tid=103688)

- tinybilbo - 2011-08-09

grassmunk Wrote:I swear I'm not trying to be obnoxious (and I love Headphones so bare with me). This is what is on MusicBrainz:

I just want to solve this for this one album (because this is occurring for multiple artists) so that I can make the same changes to all artists. This was working before I did a Git pull and decided to test it by deleting the headphones.db/headphones.db-journal files

I'm having the same problem, with albums being there, but not being "noticed" by Headphones.
Mine have been tagged by Beets (manually from the cli), so should really be picked up by Headphones.
I'm guessing that there are multiple entries in the MusicBrainz database for various albums, which is causing the problem....

- roontoon - 2011-08-09

Just download the newest build and...... Woooaaa Nice interface update with LOTS of improvements! Great work!

d

- Cuddly Cannibal - 2011-08-10

Is there any trick to getting the update button to work? I keep getting an error saying "Invalid update data, update failed".

- rembo10 - 2011-08-10

@Cuddly Canibal - You may need to adjust your git path in the config.ini

@ grassmunk - your tags look good, it's probably something on Headphones' end, although I'm not sure what. Still shows up even after an artist update or library scan?

In any case, I'm working on a better way of identifying songs you have (right now it's pretty primitive) with fuzzy matches and what not so it will be way less of an issue

WHS 2011 Service? - dreamonn - 2011-08-10

Has anyone successfully setup headphones to run as a service on WHS 2011?

I've set my 1st WHS 2011 box up at the weekend & I'm trying to configure headphones, SickBeard, Couchpotato, uTorrent & SABnzbd up to run as services, but my only success so far is with SABnzbd after following this guide. I couldn't find any guides as comprehensive as this for any of the other applications in my list.

I've added headphones as a scheduled task to start at startup, & I can see it running in the 'Processes' list after a reboot of the server, but I can't log in to the gui either remotely or on the server.

Any ideas or pointers to install guides?

- HarryRosen - 2011-08-10

I have it running fine on WHS but using firedeamon

- grassmunk - 2011-08-10

Just wanted to say that I updated to the most recent git and using the "remove artist" link and then scanning my folder again fixed the problems I was having.

One thing I did notice, I had a misnamed Weird Al album (in 3d instead of In 3-D) and it took me removing the artist and re-scanning to get the album to show up (instead of just refreshing the artist)

- tinybilbo - 2011-08-10

Hi,

I've got at least a half dozen albums that headphones won't recognise,
This is just in the test folder I'm trying, before I tackle my main music folder.
They all tagged correctly by beets itself (from the command line, and they come back with 100% match), and just to doublecheck, checked in picard as well...

I've tried deleting the artist then readding, wiping the whole db, then rescanning, scanning the import folder. All the log says is

Code:
2011-08-10 23:00:17     INFO     Couldn't parse Size Isnt Everything into any valid format.
2011-08-10 23:00:17     INFO     Couldn't parse Size Isnt Everything into a valid Newbin format
2011-08-10 23:00:17     INFO     Couldn't parse Size Isnt Everything into a valid default format
2011-08-10 23:00:17     INFO     Couldn't parse Under Rug Swept into any valid format.
2011-08-10 23:00:17     INFO     Couldn't parse Under Rug Swept into a valid Newbin format
2011-08-10 23:00:17     INFO     Couldn't parse Under Rug Swept into a valid default format

I've checked that they are actually mp3's and not some other codec.
I've changed permissions to 777 just to try that.

Has anyone got any idea, why they might not be adding in to the db...

Thanks

- rembo10 - 2011-08-10

tinybilbo Wrote:Hi,

I've got at least a half dozen albums that headphones won't recognise,
This is just in the test folder I'm trying, before I tackle my main music folder.
They all tagged correctly by beets itself (from the command line, and they come back with 100% match), and just to doublecheck, checked in picard as well...

I've tried deleting the artist then readding, wiping the whole db, then rescanning, scanning the import folder. All the log says is

Code:
2011-08-10 23:00:17     INFO     Couldn't parse Size Isnt Everything into any valid format.
2011-08-10 23:00:17     INFO     Couldn't parse Size Isnt Everything into a valid Newbin format
2011-08-10 23:00:17     INFO     Couldn't parse Size Isnt Everything into a valid default format
2011-08-10 23:00:17     INFO     Couldn't parse Under Rug Swept into any valid format.
2011-08-10 23:00:17     INFO     Couldn't parse Under Rug Swept into a valid Newbin format
2011-08-10 23:00:17     INFO     Couldn't parse Under Rug Swept into a valid default format

I've checked that they are actually mp3's and not some other codec.
I've changed permissions to 777 just to try that.

Has anyone got any idea, why they might not be adding in to the db...

Thanks

Looks like you're trying to force post process those folders. If you're just trying to import those artists, put the path in the 'Scan Music Library' section.

If you want headphones to post-process them (rename, retag, add album art, etc), rename the folders to Artist - Album [Year] which is the format it uses to recognize folders. Headphones automatically does this for albums it downloads

- rembo10 - 2011-08-10

grassmunk Wrote:Just wanted to say that I updated to the most recent git and using the "remove artist" link and then scanning my folder again fixed the problems I was having.

One thing I did notice, I had a misnamed Weird Al album (in 3d instead of In 3-D) and it took me removing the artist and re-scanning to get the album to show up (instead of just refreshing the artist)

Refreshing the artist is basically like deleting and re-adding. It pulls new info from musicbrainz, but doesn't scan your music library.

Changes to metadata will be picked up on the next automated library scan, or you can run it manually to get it updated right away

- tinybilbo - 2011-08-10

rembo10 Wrote:If you want headphones to post-process them (rename, retag, add album art, etc), rename the folders to Artist - Album [Year] which is the format it uses to recognize folders. Headphones automatically does this for albums it downloads

That did the trick, they were manually tagged by beets, so the folder naming was different, now that beets is incorporated - I won't have this problem again...

Thanks for the help and an awesome application...

*edit*

Just noticed these in the logs - what does disambiguation mean?

2011-08-10 23:42:19 INFO Found an artist with a disambiguation: Пётр Ильич Чайковский - doing an album based search
2011-08-10 23:42:11 INFO Found an artist with a disambiguation: The Killers - doing an album based search
2011-08-10 23:42:08 INFO Found an artist with a disambiguation: The Clash - doing an album based search
2011-08-10 23:41:57 INFO Found an artist with a disambiguation: Rihanna - doing an album based search
2011-08-10 23:41:45 INFO Found an artist with a disambiguation: Michael Jackson - doing an album based search

Thanks

- rembo10 - 2011-08-10

tinybilbo Wrote:That did the trick, they were manually tagged by beets, so the folder naming was different, now that beets is incorporated - I won't have this problem again...

Thanks for the help and an awesome application...

*edit*

Just noticed these in the logs - what does disambiguation mean?

2011-08-10 23:42:19 INFO Found an artist with a disambiguation: Пётр Ильич Чайковский - doing an album based search
2011-08-10 23:42:11 INFO Found an artist with a disambiguation: The Killers - doing an album based search
2011-08-10 23:42:08 INFO Found an artist with a disambiguation: The Clash - doing an album based search
2011-08-10 23:41:57 INFO Found an artist with a disambiguation: Rihanna - doing an album based search
2011-08-10 23:41:45 INFO Found an artist with a disambiguation: Michael Jackson - doing an album based search

Thanks

Those should really be debug messages. Basically if you search for example, for The Killers, you'll get two top results - The Killers (American alt.rock) and The Killers (UK punk band). With these types of results Headphones does a second search using artist + album to see which one to pull

Nothing to worry about, it'll be switched to debug

- DejaVu - 2011-08-11

Just noticed your absolute monstrous update. Some serious hard work gone into it.

Thanks very much!

- steve1977 - 2011-08-11

grassmunk Wrote:I swear I'm not trying to be obnoxious (and I love Headphones so bare with me). This is what is on MusicBrainz:

And this is the current tags in Mp3Tag

I just want to solve this for this one album (because this is occurring for multiple artists) so that I can make the same changes to all artists. This was working before I did a Git pull and decided to test it by deleting the headphones.db/headphones.db-journal files

Do you want to give it yet a new try with the latest GIT? I got the same Beastie Boys album to check whats going on and (funny enough) it works for me.

Need to say that your tags look brilliant though and even grand master rembo blames headphones for it. So, I assume there will be a "fix" soon (or already has).

- shadowfighter - 2011-08-11

Hi,

I was trying to do post processing, but it fails, log file:

2011-08-11 17:53:02 INFO Couldn't parse Prince - The Hits 2 into any valid format.
2011-08-11 17:53:02 INFO Couldn't parse Prince - The Hits 2 into a valid Newbin format
2011-08-11 17:53:02 INFO Couldn't parse Prince - The Hits 2 into a valid default format
2011-08-11 17:53:02 INFO Couldn't parse Prince - The Hits 1 into any valid format.
2011-08-11 17:53:02 INFO Couldn't parse Prince - The Hits 1 into a valid Newbin format
2011-08-11 17:53:02 INFO Couldn't parse Prince - The Hits 1 into a valid default format
2011-08-11 17:53:02 INFO Couldn't parse Kool And The Gang - The Very Best Of into any valid format.
2011-08-11 17:53:02 INFO Couldn't parse Kool And The Gang - The Very Best Of into a valid Newbin format
2011-08-11 17:53:02 INFO Couldn't parse Kool And The Gang - The Very Best Of into a valid default format
2011-08-11 17:53:02 INFO Found 3 folders: [u'Kool And The Gang - The Very Best Of', u'Prince - The Hits 1', u'Prince - The Hits 2']
2011-08-11 17:53:02 INFO Checking to see if there are any folders to process in download_dir: /mount/120/downloads/complete/Music

this is the folder structure:
/mount/120/downloads/complete/Music/Kool And The Gang - The Very Best Of$ ls
CD1 Kool And The Gang - The Very Best Of - Back.bmp Kool And The Gang - The Very Best Of - CD2.bmp
CD2 Kool And The Gang - The Very Best Of - CD1.bmp Kool And The Gang - The Very Best Of - Front.bmp