Kodi Community Forum
Headphones - Music albums & artists auto download program - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Headphones - Music albums & artists auto download program (/showthread.php?tid=103688)

- rembo10 - 2011-09-05

clubwerks Wrote:I've got a question and/or comment. How does Headphones handle post processing on an album you already have or have partially completed? I initially set my folder up exactly the same way Headphones does, Music/Van Halen/Van Halen II [1979] for example. Let's say I only had a couple songs off the album and I click wanted. It seems to write another folder Van Halen II [1979] (2). If I create another folder manually, Windows 7 actually give me the option of merging the two. It would seem that having the ability to select "Overwrite" and/or "Merge" with existing folder would be the way to go.

I actually never really thought about this. I think it just automatically creates a new folder (with a number appended to it) if the folder already exists. I can look into a merge option - just need to think about how to implement it.

Thanks for the donation by the way. Much appreciated!

- thereddog - 2011-09-05

Headphones is amazing, and works surprisingly well for me! Is the dev willing to add the option so that downloaded album artwork be named as [Album Name].jpg instead of folder.jpg?

Can't wait to see how the program matures, it has a ways to go but is off to a fantastic start!

- unabatedshagie - 2011-09-05

I think I have asked this a couple of times but does this still scrape compilations?

I really don't want to have Michael Bolton (among others) in my list of artists all because of one song on a six disc compilation.

Anyone know of any way of bypassing compilations while scraping?

- clubwerks - 2011-09-05

rembo10 Wrote:I actually never really thought about this. I think it just automatically creates a new folder (with a number appended to it) if the folder already exists. I can look into a merge option - just need to think about how to implement it.

Thanks for the donation by the way. Much appreciated!

No problem. I'll give more when I'm able.

My thoughts were a merge with existing folder, overwrite existing folder and then an option within the merge to overwrite or keep existing files in the folder. I have a ton of folder with one or two songs. Many of them I'll keep. But some of them I'd like to dl the full album and overwrite if I get a high quality like flac.

- dannycorker - 2011-09-05

Just needs some modifications to post-processing now for this to be perfect.

1.More control over which tag fields get filled in and what we want to fill them with would be great. For example, genre doesn't seem to be scraped at the moment? And some people might prefer just the year of release rather than full date, or 01 as the track number rather than 01/14 etc.

2. Needs to have proper warning if the meta data fails for some reason. At the moment, if the meta data isn't written it does everything esle anyway as if nothing went wrong. Not great for automation!

Really love the way the program has developed though. Keep it up!

- cable_guy - 2011-09-05

Aenima99x Wrote:In your /etc/init.d/ folder is there a "headphones" script?
If so, then run the following from a termnal and it will start headphones on startup.

Here's some more info on update-rc.d

What happens if the headphones script isn't in the /etc/init.d folder?

- lotus503 - 2011-09-06

I have had a chance to use quite a bit over the last week or so.
I have run into a couple of odd issues related to populating Artist Album info.

First I used JaiKos to ensure everything I added to headphones was tagged properly.
Yet I still get albums that say for example they have 1 song of 15, when the entire album exists and is tagged. occasionaly I can refresh the artist and it adds the missing tracks, then on others it doesnt regardless how many times I scan.

- clubwerks - 2011-09-06

lotus503 Wrote:I have had a chance to use quite a bit over the last week or so.
I have run into a couple of odd issues related to populating Artist Album info.

First I used JaiKos to ensure everything I added to headphones was tagged properly.
Yet I still get albums that say for example they have 1 song of 15, when the entire album exists and is tagged. occasionaly I can refresh the artist and it adds the missing tracks, then on others it doesnt regardless how many times I scan.

Make sure you're tagging off MusicBranz.com because that caused a lot of issues for me. If the Artist name, album name and song name don't match exactly, it won't populate correctly. MusicBranz is what Headphones uses.

- clubwerks - 2011-09-06

Speaking of tagging and post processing, does Headphones allow matching to albums that were not released in the US? I used it to snatch Billy Idol: Idol Songs 11 of the Best. I have the folder named Billy Idol - Idol Songs 11 of the Best [1988]. Although Headphones snatched it and sent it to sabnzbd, it absolutely refuses to post process it. The only thing I can think of is that there is no US release listed in MusicBranz because the album was only released in the UK.

- Silvaire - 2011-09-06

Hi, I am in the process of installing this program, and am using the Win32 version. Just wanted to know if it's working as intended that I need to keep the exe window open to keep the server running? Is there a way I can hide this window and keep it running, like SB and CP? Thanks!

- clubwerks - 2011-09-06

Silvaire Wrote:Hi, I am in the process of installing this program, and am using the Win32 version. Just wanted to know if it's working as intended that I need to keep the exe window open to keep the server running? Is there a way I can hide this window and keep it running, like SB and CP? Thanks!

The window needs to stay open for Headphones to run, but I remember seeing another post in this thread where somebody had written a bit of code to hide it. Although I run XBMC right over the top of it and I've never had an issue.

- thereddog - 2011-09-06

dannycorker Wrote:Just needs some modifications to post-processing now for this to be perfect.

1.More control over which tag fields get filled in and what we want to fill them with would be great. For example, genre doesn't seem to be scraped at the moment? And some people might prefer just the year of release rather than full date, or 01 as the track number rather than 01/14 etc.

I'm going to give a solid +1

My only gripe as of now

- jamjoe - 2011-09-06

Silvaire Wrote:Hi, I am in the process of installing this program, and am using the Win32 version. Just wanted to know if it's working as intended that I need to keep the exe window open to keep the server running? Is there a way I can hide this window and keep it running, like SB and CP? Thanks!

This guide worked on headphones to run it as a service in windows:

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=108608

- Silvaire - 2011-09-06

jamjoe Wrote:This guide worked on headphones to run it as a service in windows:

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=108608

Thank you. I will take a look when I get home from work.

Slow on Synology 210j - aarb00 - 2011-09-06

For Synology users: I have this running on a 210j using the package from synoblog.superzebulon.org. All functions appear to be running fine, but the speed is extremely slow. It takes 1.5 - 2.5 minutes per album to scan, regardless of it being new, or a rescan. It takes about 2 - 3 minutes to open the details page after clicking on an artist. Anyone else have this problem using a Synology? My log never shows any errors, just the times between adding / checking albums. Anyone with some troubleshooting ideas? I am also running all of the packages from the same site.