Kodi Community Forum
Headphones - Music albums & artists auto download program - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Headphones - Music albums & artists auto download program (/showthread.php?tid=103688)

- cable_guy - 2011-09-06

Hi can anyone help me please?

I installed it via the Tarball but then read that I was meant to install it via git clone. So I did a rm -R on the headphones directory and did the git clone.

When I run python Headphones.py, I get "Failed to start on port: 8181. Is something else running?", and when I hit xbmc:8181, I get a CherryPy error:

Quote:500 Internal Server Error

The server encountered an unexpected condition which prevented it from fulfilling the request.

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/home/xbmc/headphones/rembo10-headphones-e9a1e55/cherrypy/_cprequest.py", line 645, in respond
File "/home/xbmc/headphones/rembo10-headphones-e9a1e55/cherrypy/lib/encoding.py", line 188, in __call__
File "/home/xbmc/headphones/rembo10-headphones-e9a1e55/cherrypy/_cpdispatch.py", line 29, in __call__
File "/home/xbmc/headphones/rembo10-headphones-e9a1e55/headphones/webserve.py", line 38, in home
File "/home/xbmc/headphones/rembo10-headphones-e9a1e55/headphones/db.py", line 25, in __init__
OperationalError: unable to open database file

any ideas please? It must be something to do with my previous install from the .tar.gz file.

- IAmNotAUser - 2011-09-06

cable_guy Wrote:Hi can anyone help me please?

I installed it via the Tarball but then read that I was meant to install it via git clone. So I did a rm -R on the headphones directory and did the git clone.

When I run python Headphones.py, I get "Failed to start on port: 8181. Is something else running?", and when I hit xbmc:8181, I get a CherryPy error:

any ideas please? It must be something to do with my previous install from the .tar.gz file.

Try running
Code:
sudo ps aux | grep headphones
then find the PID of the process (the 2nd column in from the left) and run
Code:
kill <PID>

Then start headphones again with python Headphones.py and see if you can visit the page then.

- shaktoo - 2011-09-07

Brilliant Work indeed, although I am not able to use this to its full potential (I do not have newsnet / nzb , use torrent's )and would ask if torrent support could be added as well (like Couchpotato) which would be highly appreciated.

- toliman - 2011-09-07

clubwerks Wrote:Speaking of tagging and post processing, does Headphones allow matching to albums that were not released in the US? I used it to snatch Billy Idol: Idol Songs 11 of the Best. I have the folder named Billy Idol - Idol Songs 11 of the Best [1988]. Although Headphones snatched it and sent it to sabnzbd, it absolutely refuses to post process it. The only thing I can think of is that there is no US release listed in MusicBranz because the album was only released in the UK.

you're sort of doomed by the way Headphones scans the files, relying on "Clean" tagging will always be unreliable and akward. it's all about the tags.

depending if the files have been tagged with ID3 and MBz finds the album, or retagged with ID3 + MBz PUID's, will determine if it verifies the 'snatched' folder as a valid folder.

if Headphones doesn't process the folder, first, tag the files manually.

if you're in windows or linux, use your normal mp3 tagger, or get BeaTunes (java) or Jaikoz (also java), or picard tagger (python + QT + free download), which use Musicbrainz ID3 tags.

pre-scanning your music collection on a PC, and tagging with MBz ID3 tags will save you days of initial scanning as well. just import one folder at a time, correct the data, and retag the files that headphones missed in the Download directory, then have headphones re-post-process the folder. in the case of bon jovi or billy joel, etc. where you know it could make a mistake, make sure you also save PUID's and save the Musicbrainz data to the files.

from experience, beatunes handles about 200-500 files easily, Jaikoz will handle about 500, picard handles about 1000 mp3's before crashing, but is great once you figure out how it works. remember to close and reopen picard often, as it only saves preferences when you quit out

picard tagger does mishandles duplicate mp3's , but it does the rest of the job of renaming and sorting folder names very quickly and easily if you need to clean up a non-iTunes folder or a download folder, and can tell you easily how many files it thinks should be in an album. so you can chose between different albums in the MBz database.

if you use the lastfm folksonomy (genre) plugins in picard tagger or foobar2k, you can seed the itunes genre tags with more than just 'alternative/rock/pop/blank' tags as well.

- clubwerks - 2011-09-07

toliman Wrote:you're sort of doomed by the way Headphones scans the files, relying on "Clean" tagging will always be unreliable and akward. it's all about the tags.

depending if the files have been tagged with ID3 and MBz finds the album, or retagged with ID3 + MBz PUID's, will determine if it verifies the 'snatched' folder as a valid folder.

if Headphones doesn't process the folder, first, tag the files manually.

if you're in windows or linux, use your normal mp3 tagger, or get BeaTunes (java) or Jaikoz (also java), or picard tagger (python + QT + free download), which use Musicbrainz ID3 tags.

pre-scanning your music collection on a PC, and tagging with MBz ID3 tags will save you days of initial scanning as well. just import one folder at a time, correct the data, and retag the files that headphones missed in the Download directory, then have headphones re-post-process the folder. in the case of bon jovi or billy joel, etc. where you know it could make a mistake, make sure you also save PUID's and save the Musicbrainz data to the files.

from experience, beatunes handles about 200-500 files easily, Jaikoz will handle about 500, picard handles about 1000 mp3's before crashing, but is great once you figure out how it works. remember to close and reopen picard often, as it only saves preferences when you quit out

picard tagger does mishandles duplicate mp3's , but it does the rest of the job of renaming and sorting folder names very quickly and easily if you need to clean up a non-iTunes folder or a download folder, and can tell you easily how many files it thinks should be in an album. so you can chose between different albums in the MBz database.

if you use the lastfm folksonomy (genre) plugins in picard tagger or foobar2k, you can seed the itunes genre tags with more than just 'alternative/rock/pop/blank' tags as well.

I ran the folder through mp3tag and tagged it like every other folder in my collection. I found it immediately and as I recall very few changes were made. Plus, in my experience, Headphones will often find the album just by the folder name even if the songs are tagged incorrectly. Headphones won't even find the album named exactly as it appears on MusicBranz, although it was able to pull a match and send the nzb.

- clubwerks - 2011-09-07

You were right. I had left the album tag on the songs with "+ 2 bonus track" at the end. That fubared it. It processed now.

- unabatedshagie - 2011-09-07

Twice I have tried to use the manual add artist after scanning option and twice I have accidentally pressed backspace once to often and undid all my checking of artists, once when at the o's and once when at the x's.

I'm going to ask this one more time then I give up if I don't get some sort of answer.

Is there any way of doing an automated scan but not scanning compilations?

I really don't want any artists that are on a compilation from appearing, just artists that I have actual albums for.

Is this possible?

I apologise if I sound a little annoyed in this post (you probably would be to if you had spent the better part of two hours in total trying to get your artists into this)

- cable_guy - 2011-09-08

IAmNotAUser Wrote:Try running
Code:
sudo ps aux | grep headphones
then find the PID of the process (the 2nd column in from the left) and run
Code:
kill <PID>

Then start headphones again with python Headphones.py and see if you can visit the page then.

thanks Big Grin worked great!!!!

Only problem I have now is that downloads don't seem to be moving themselves to their final destination, even though I have it specified correctly in the config.

- clubwerks - 2011-09-08

unabatedshagie Wrote:Twice I have tried to use the manual add artist after scanning option and twice I have accidentally pressed backspace once to often and undid all my checking of artists, once when at the o's and once when at the x's.

I'm going to ask this one more time then I give up if I don't get some sort of answer.

Is there any way of doing an automated scan but not scanning compilations?

I really don't want any artists that are on a compilation from appearing, just artists that I have actual albums for.

Is this possible?

I apologise if I sound a little annoyed in this post (you probably would be to if you had spent the better part of two hours in total trying to get your artists into this)

Is it possible to just move those songs to a temp folder, do an auto scan and then move the files back?

I just added all my artists manually to avoid this problem. I found it worked better because it gave me more control to find poorly tagged albums and songs working with just 3-5 artists at a time. Really didn't take that long.

- clubwerks - 2011-09-08

Sometimes when I add a new artist, I get this:

500 Internal Server Error

The server encountered an unexpected condition which prevented it from fulfilling the request.

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:\Program Files (x86)\Headphones\cherrypy\_cprequest.py", line 645, in respond
response.body = self.handler()
File "C:\Program Files (x86)\Headphones\cherrypy\lib\encoding.py", line 188, in __call__
self.body = self.oldhandler(*args, **kwargs)
File "C:\Program Files (x86)\Headphones\cherrypy\_cpdispatch.py", line 29, in __call__
return self.callable(*self.args, **self.kwargs)
File "C:\Program Files (x86)\Headphones\headphones\webserve.py", line 47, in artistPage
return serve_template(templatename="artist.html", title=artist['ArtistName'], artist=artist, albums=albums)
TypeError: 'NoneType' object is not subscriptable

90% of the time, the artist still gets added. Any idea what's causing this?

- mediumdry - 2011-09-08

unabatedshagie Wrote:Is there any way of doing an automated scan but not scanning compilations?

I now have 46 pages of artists, most of which I have no interest in getting more music of, and some I actively dislike. For me, what would be *the* solution is if we can have the buttons that we have on the artist page. You can select multiple albums and have an action for all of them.

If I could select multiple artists on the "home" page and apply the actions you have for artists (refresh/delete/pause/extra) then the issue is solved for me.

I would love to be able to prune the artists from 2296 to the 600 or so that I'm interested in. Putting those artists in manually is too time consuming and deleting the unwanted artists one by one also isn't a fun exercise.

Please add the selection buttons for bulk actions on the artist lists.

- unabatedshagie - 2011-09-08

clubwerks Wrote:Is it possible to just move those songs to a temp folder, do an auto scan and then move the files back?

I just added all my artists manually to avoid this problem. I found it worked better because it gave me more control to find poorly tagged albums and songs working with just 3-5 artists at a time. Really didn't take that long.

After you gave me the idea I made symbolic links to all the artists I wanted in a separate folder and pointed headphones at it. A workaround for now as I would hope at some point the dev would add the option to ignore compilations.

Thanks for giving me the idea (in a roundabout way) of using symbolic links.

- oneadvent - 2011-09-08

Getting this error:
Code:
You're running an unknown version of Headphones. Click here to update

After I deleted everything in my /usr/local/sbin/headphones/ and did a git pull with
Code:
git clone https://github.com/rembo10/headphones.git
and then moved them over (had to sudo that), and when i got to the headphones interface it says that message at the top. I clicked there to update and it just says updating for about 5 minutes then goes back to the main screen. It also says "version:none" at the bottom.

How can I get this synced back up? Where is the log for me to check? Maybe it is permission issues? Any help would be appreciated.

oneadvent Wrote:Getting this error:
Code:
You're running an unknown version of Headphones. Click here to update

After I deleted everything in my /usr/local/sbin/headphones/ and did a git pull with
Code:
git clone https://github.com/rembo10/headphones.git
and then moved them over (had to sudo that), and when i got to the headphones interface it says that message at the top. I clicked there to update and it just says updating for about 5 minutes then goes back to the main screen. It also says "version:none" at the bottom.

How can I get this synced back up? Where is the log for me to check? Maybe it is permission issues? Any help would be appreciated.

I'm having the same issue on a windows machine.

HeadPhones doesn't seem to be sending the files to SABnzbd.

I *think* I have it configured correctly, port, api key, category and download directory are set but the nzb's don't seem to be being sent.

Have my username and api key for NZBMatrix entered and it's enabled.

I'm obviously missing something, any ideas?

This is the only message in the log file concerning SAB

Code:
Unknown failure sending NZB to sab. Return text is: