Kodi Community Forum
Headphones - Music albums & artists auto download program - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Headphones - Music albums & artists auto download program (/showthread.php?tid=103688)

- johnmerrick - 2011-10-08

oneadvent Wrote:I am pretty sure deleting your headphones.db would do it, but do you know WHY they are showing up wrong??

No idea. They show as me having hundreds of songs I don't have.

- clubwerks - 2011-10-08

Your music needs to be tagged EXACTLY as it appears on MusicBranz or you're completely wasting your time using it. Period.

- thezoggy - 2011-10-09

isn't this project dead?

- clubwerks - 2011-10-09

thezoggy Wrote:isn't this project dead?

It may be. It still has some decent functionality once you get it working properly.

- rembo10 - 2011-10-10

Haven't worked on it in about a month but planning on getting back into it soon.

Good news is I'll be moving over to Linux (Arch) so it'll start working better on NAS boxes :-)

Side note: I've been thinking about making/forking a lightweight music player since I can't find one that works well for me. I'll add some plugin stuff for headphones :-)

- rembo10 - 2011-10-10

azgul Wrote:Has anyone managed to fix the kind of lousy work it does at recognizing track names?

It wont find "Morning Mr Magpie", as it is named "02 Morning Mr. Magpie.flac" (dot after Mr). It appears it is looking for an exact match of what is in its database.

I'll try to be more active answering some of these questions. The matching is based on metadata first, "normalized" (ie stripped of punctuation, case insensitive,etc) then on a musicbrainz id if available, then lastly using the filename based on your settings (ie it uses your folder/file format and top level music dir from your config to guess where the filename might be).

The importing and track matches seem to be the biggest sources of problems, and honesltly I hate that it runs the same scanner on the music folder every few hours. I really want to get this fixed so it's accurate and reliable.

Steve1977- I'll look into your issue. Not sure why/where it's crapping out. Hopefully updating the beets & mutagen libraries will help since headphones will just skip a track it can't read whereas beets dies silently (hopefully fixed)

- wallace47931 - 2011-10-10

I've looked through the thread and can't see an answer but in simple terms I want to use sab (via mynzb on iPad) to dl my music but I get the parse errors... Is there a way to set sab to name the music albums correctly so headphones can process?

- rembo10 - 2011-10-10

wallace47931 Wrote:I've looked through the thread and can't see an answer but in simple terms I want to use sab (via mynzb on iPad) to dl my music but I get the parse errors... Is there a way to set sab to name the music albums correctly so headphones can process?

If you have sab replacing spaces with underscores that'll throw headphones off. As a workaround for now, just uncheck that.

- toymachine2009 - 2011-10-11

Program works pretty good for me minus the error here and there.. Some updates on this app would be great!

- stourwalk - 2011-10-11

I'm very impressed with what it does currently, however I've a relatively large collection (around 1200 artists / 55k tracks) and I've never got it to finish a scan, so I've had to play with it by adding the odd folder.

Some improvement to the scanning, so it was either multi-pass, or I could specify chunks of folders at a time would make it very very useful!

- gobbledigook - 2011-10-11

stourwalk Wrote:I'm very impressed with what it does currently, however I've a relatively large collection (around 1200 artists / 55k tracks) and I've never got it to finish a scan, so I've had to play with it by adding the odd folder.

Some improvement to the scanning, so it was either multi-pass, or I could specify chunks of folders at a time would make it very very useful!

i had no problem with the scanning... i have a similarly large music collection, but it did take FOREVER! (like left it overnight) However i was wondering why my server had been screaming at me...? and realised that CP was using 1.4gb of ram *shock* and i don't remember off-hand how much processor. so i've deleted my .db file for now and will have to set up artists on an individual basis. not a big deal resources wise, just that the fan noise from under the stairs was unbearable! Also when i did have it running with my 900 odd artists the webui was soooo slow!

so you may find that you need to just add the peep's you want to listen too.

- timbuck - 2011-10-12

Great work so far, most things work as expected, the only problems i've had are:

1. sabnzb category, i've input as: music, but this isn't selected when the nzbs are placed in the queue.

2. MusicBranz doesn't have the full list of albums for some artists.

Will you be adding anymore sites to the scraper? would http://www.discogs.com be able to fill the gap, i believe it has an API. and is often the place i find info on some of the more obscure albums I own.

Thanks.

- rshieldsr - 2011-10-13

I LOVE the concept of this program, but I am having a lot of trouble with it. When ever I mark an album as wanted (either by checking it and using the GO button up top or just clicking the "wanted" link) I very often get the error pasted below. This happens at least 50% of the time, maybe more.

Has anyone else encountered this and is there a configuration change anyone can suggest to fix this?

Thank you in advance for any advice.

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "cherrypy\_cprequest.pyc", line 645, in respond
File "cherrypy\lib\encoding.pyc", line 188, in __call__
File "cherrypy\_cpdispatch.pyc", line 29, in __call__
File "headphones\webserve.pyc", line 143, in markAlbums
File "headphones\searcher.pyc", line 404, in searchNZB
File "headphones\searcher.pyc", line 493, in preprocess
File "headphones\searcher.pyc", line 480, in getresultNZB
File "urllib2.pyc", line 126, in urlopen
File "urllib2.pyc", line 386, in open
File "urllib2.pyc", line 248, in get_type
ValueError: unknown url type: 6142335

- clubwerks - 2011-10-13

timbuck Wrote:Great work so far, most things work as expected, the only problems i've had are:

1. sabnzb category, i've input as: music, but this isn't selected when the nzbs are placed in the queue.

2. MusicBranz doesn't have the full list of albums for some artists.

Will you be adding anymore sites to the scraper? would http://www.discogs.com be able to fill the gap, i believe it has an API. and is often the place i find info on some of the more obscure albums I own.

Thanks.

1. Are you sure you have a SABNZBD music category set up?

- timbuck - 2011-10-13

clubwerks Wrote:1. Are you sure you have a SABNZBD music category set up?

Doh! typo in the folder path.... all good now.

Thanks.