Kodi Community Forum
Headphones - Music albums & artists auto download program - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Headphones - Music albums & artists auto download program (/showthread.php?tid=103688)

- SleepyP - 2012-01-07

Work was fairly busy today but I was able to begin skim reading the code.
Looks like /headphones/importer.py is probably where the relevant stuff is.

Python's syntax is just similar to stuff I already know to be readable. Since I am off work this weekend, I'll try to make some time for this little project. Hopefully it'll be easy to solve and then I can begin actually using HP Smile Will report back

- steve1977 - 2012-01-07

SleepyP Wrote:Python's syntax is just similar to stuff I already know to be readable. Since I am off work this weekend, I'll try to make some time for this little project. Hopefully it'll be easy to solve and then I can begin actually using HP Smile Will report back

This is fantastic, thanks!!!

- Cuddly Cannibal - 2012-01-10

I recently started fresh with a new download of Headphones and thought I would give it another try. It's been a couple months since I've used it and I must say that everything looks and feels much better, but I am having a major problem. When I enter in a new artist it does not find all of their official releases.

For instance, when I try to add Band of Horses I get their first two albums, but it leaves their newest release off and this was after refreshing several times. Is this a new bug or am I doing something wrong?

Thanks!

Edit: So I deleted Band of Horses and attempted to add it again. It looks like it might be something with MusicBrainz?
http://pastebin.com/8XaPp6wQ

- Polyphemus - 2012-01-10

Cuddly Cannibal Wrote:I recently started fresh with a new download of Headphones and thought I would give it another try. It's been a couple months since I've used it and I must say that everything looks and feels much better, but I am having a major problem. When I enter in a new artist it does not find all of their official releases.

For instance, when I try to add Band of Horses I get their first two albums, but it leaves their newest release off and this was after refreshing several times. Is this a new bug or am I doing something wrong?

Thanks!

Edit: So I deleted Band of Horses and attempted to add it again. It looks like it might be something with MusicBrainz?
http://pastebin.com/8XaPp6wQ
MusicBrainz has blocked requests from Headphones, as all the Headphones installations query the MusicBrainz service too much.

Some people tried to change the user client in the request to MusicBrainz, but that does not help anymore.

A possible workaround is to download the virtual server image and query that server...

- sladinki007 - 2012-01-11

Polyphemus Wrote:MusicBrainz has blocked requests from Headphones, as all the Headphones installations query the MusicBrainz service too much.

Some people tried to change the user client in the request to MusicBrainz, but that does not help anymore.

A possible workaround is to download the virtual server image and query that server...

If the program would only scan once or twice a day then it would not offend musicbrainz i guess...
but now it scans every 3 hours Sad guess that is too much for any Free service

it would be also good if somebody could incorperate a second database ... and lets say every other day we would poll a database...

anyway just my 0.2 cents

- Cuddly Cannibal - 2012-01-12

Has anyone heard (or is it already implemented and I'm missing it) if there are any plans to have the artist view count albums rather than songs? Personally, I could careless about how many b-side tracks I'm missing, but it would be nice to be able to see if I at least have all of a groups major releases.

- oneadvent - 2012-01-13

sladinki007 Wrote:If the program would only scan once or twice a day then it would not offend musicbrainz i guess...
but now it scans every 3 hours Sad guess that is too much for any Free service

it would be also good if somebody could incorperate a second database ... and lets say every other day we would poll a database...

anyway just my 0.2 cents

They have their database available for download from the website...I have a website that I dont care if it gets hit a hundred times a min (so long as it doesn't crash it) I could leave it up.

Someone want to tell me how to duplicate that sites functionality and add me to the "secondary list"? Maybe a few other people could do the same thing and we could do a rotating door policy

- SleepyP - 2012-01-13

Well, shoot. I finally conquered my SkyRim addiction and finished up my podcatcher project only to find Headphones is blocked from MusicBrainz access? kjzdfjklsdfsdfhlsdhksdfhklfklshdflhksdlk

I have always been mildly intrigued by the idea of running a local mirror of MusicBrainz, but never had a reason to seriously look at doing it. It appears that all you'll need is a PostgreSQL server and probably like 5GB of disk space. The dataset seems to be ~2.5GB, and it will have to be downloaded and then imported, which is why overall you'll need like 5GB, at least temporarily.

Running a local mirror should be MUCH MUCH faster. If you run headphones and a musicbrainz mirror on the same machine then all communications will just go over a loopback, which will be a lot faster than going out over the internet. Also you can skip any rate-limiting issues because its YOUR server. I just wish I had done this trick before scanning in my giant library Sad

The MusicBrainz guys have licensed it so literally all their data is OK to use if its for non-commercial use. They have a nice install guide here:
https://github.com/metabrainz/musicbrainz-server/blob/master/INSTALL
Gonna be doing this via SSH while I'm at work today Smile

- Lucleonhart - 2012-01-13

So when Musicbrainz is blocking Headphones it should be the default way to install the database with headphones.
I love my headphones installation so i am really really upset that it is not working anymore.

Tuorial or automatic server installation would be perfect here, right? Changes to the headphones installation needed except for the URL of the musicbrainz server?

- oneadvent - 2012-01-13

I would be willing to host this at a website that I know isn't going anywhere, and open it up so it is available for the whole community.

I have the site, but someone else would have to set it up (I do not have time to learn how to set it up) and I'll give them access to this on the server so they can keep it up to date. I'll pay for server no problem.

- SleepyP - 2012-01-14

so far the installation process for the MusicBrainz server is really slow for me. My machine has been installing prerequisites for 2 hours! It looks like its fairly complicated, but it appears to have its own auto-sync functionality built in, so it should be fairly easy to maintain once its up and running. Will post about any "gotchas" I encounter as I go.

- lpallard - 2012-01-14

Oh man I've got massive problems once again... Stare Angry

Is there something broken in headphones (latest version 0a13c92a20cc78556baab2ff3d06bdaff9ac6044) ??

I added three different artists (well known artists with each several albums), and headphones returns nothing, i.e. it says "Latest album: NONE" and when I click on the "None" link, I get a window saying:

Code:
500 Internal Server Error

The server encountered an unexpected condition which prevented it from fulfilling the request.

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/var/www/htdocs/headphones/cherrypy/_cprequest.py", line 645, in respond
    response.body = self.handler()
  File "/var/www/htdocs/headphones/cherrypy/lib/encoding.py", line 188, in __call__
    self.body = self.oldhandler(*args, **kwargs)
  File "/var/www/htdocs/headphones/cherrypy/_cpdispatch.py", line 29, in __call__
    return self.callable(*self.args, **self.kwargs)
  File "/var/www/htdocs/headphones/headphones/webserve.py", line 58, in albumPage
    title = album['ArtistName'] + ' - ' + album['AlbumTitle']
TypeError: 'NoneType' object is unsubscriptable

Also, I added an artist and tried to download an album, headphones reports the album as "Downloaded" and is in green, but also reports 0/11 songs and when I click on the album all the songs are in red...

Its getting to a point where I almost want to stop using it since its so unreliable.. Anyways, in the hope my post will help the community and the devs to improve it, I will wait for replies!

EDIT: The problem with "empty" artists seems to happen every time... I just tried to add an artist, and same thing happened. The logs says:

Code:
2012-01-13 18:56:42     WARNING     Attempt to retrieve information from MusicBrainz for release group "e4174758-d333-4a8e-a31f-dd0edd51518e" failed. Sleeping 5 seconds
2012-01-13 18:56:36     WARNING     Attempt to retrieve information from MusicBrainz for release group "e4174758-d333-4a8e-a31f-dd0edd51518e" failed. Sleeping 5 seconds

Also, when I access the log tab, Firefox takes 30+sec to display the messages, the browser freezes and at some point it says "There is a script running... Do you want to stop the script?" What is that? Whatever this is, its NOT a good idea!

- oneadvent - 2012-01-14

MusicBrainz is not allowing us anymore Sad Working on it.

- lpallard - 2012-01-14

oneadvent Wrote:MusicBrainz is not allowing us anymore Sad Working on it.

Why? Too many requests? No

- SleepyP - 2012-01-14

yup! They've only got so much available over there in terms of resources and sometimes ban API keys and / or IP addresses if the use is "excessive". This is why we're working on setting one or more MusicBrainz mirrors so we can avoid that issue.