Kodi Community Forum
Headphones - Music albums & artists auto download program - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Headphones - Music albums & artists auto download program (/showthread.php?tid=103688)

- Lucleonhart - 2012-01-14

Is musicbrainz working with API keys?
Why can't everybody get his own API key then? Would split the traffic from one API key access to multiple, right?

own musicbrainz server - macaroon - 2012-01-14

It's quite easy to setup your own musicbrainz server, on their webpage a server image is available as a download which can be imported into virtualbox. I'm running the image on my atom htpc next to xbmc and it works fine so far.

- HenryFord - 2012-01-15

Lucleonhart Wrote:Is musicbrainz working with API keys?
Nope...

Btw:
i just finished compiling/installing musicbrainz on my debian-vps, should be up and running soon... Will keep you updated.

- Lucleonhart - 2012-01-15

Hm. I tried to install it on my debian webserver... it does nothing anyways. But got like 1000 errors on "make installdeps"... damn.

- HenryFord - 2012-01-15

Lucleonhart Wrote:Hm. I tried to install it on my debian webserver... it does nothing anyways. But got like 1000 errors on "make installdeps"... damn.
I got past the make - but now I can't import anything into the databases, I even get errors when I try to setup a new, empty database...?
This does not seem to work...but running a virtual machine isn't an option since my server is already virtualized.

Edit1:
Okay... so I took the long route and installed any dependencies by hand, updated my system, reconfigured postgre, etc. - the build process completed without any errors this time and I was able to initialize the database with an empty set. Currently I am importing the current dump of the musicbrainz-db, this will take a little bit.
Afterwards I'll try running the server and will report back to you. I hope I can have the server up and running by tomorrow and provide you with an unrestricted access to the db...

However - currently I have 1TB/month of bandwith with my provider. I think this should be sufficient as long as I do not have to run my own search-engine (i.e.: If musicbrainz bans my mirror from the search-engine, I have to setup Tomcat+Search-Servlet in order to fullfill the request - that would be a traffic-hog methinks) for a long time. If I however run at my limit, the access to musicbrainz's-db is limited/not possible. Keep that in mind...

- Discotech - 2012-01-16

Just Installed this and getting the error. Do you have to use musicbrainz? If not, what service also works and how can I change it? I'm using windows 7 and have no experience with python.

- HenryFord - 2012-01-16

My server is up, seems to work so far.
It is accessible at:
http://tbueter.com:3000

- j1nx - 2012-01-16

HenryFord Wrote:Edit1:
Okay... so I took the long route and installed any dependencies by hand, updated my system, reconfigured postgre, etc. - the build process completed without any errors this time and I was able to initialize the database with an empty set. Currently I am importing the current dump of the musicbrainz-db, this will take a little bit.
Afterwards I'll try running the server and will report back to you. I hope I can have the server up and running by tomorrow and provide you with an unrestricted access to the db...

However - currently I have 1TB/month of bandwith with my provider. I think this should be sufficient as long as I do not have to run my own search-engine (i.e.: If musicbrainz bans my mirror from the search-engine, I have to setup Tomcat+Search-Servlet in order to fullfill the request - that would be a traffic-hog methinks) for a long time. If I however run at my limit, the access to musicbrainz's-db is limited/not possible. Keep that in mind...

1TB/month! Believe me, it goes really fast.

I also had to go the manual way at my Ubuntu 11.10 server. For the people that are trying to install locally.

Code:
perl ./Makefile.PL
This command is checking your system if you have all dependencies and if not creates a make file for it
Code:
sudo make installdeps
This commands then tries to install all the missing dependencies, but will not always succeed.

If some dependency could not be installed, do it manually. You can always rerun the above two commands to see if you get any further after installing some stuff manually.

In the end; the first command should state nothing is missing and the secons command should not do anything/empty output (at last rerun of commands)

Don't continue if above is NOT true.

I already run a newznab server for some people, which uses MySQL. System is optimal tweaked to allocate all memory to that database engine. Running a second one; PostgreSQl is propably to much, so I let it go for the moment.

Are there any plans to update the Headphone code to make the musicbrainz URL a configurable option in the INI file/Settings page?

- HenryFord - 2012-01-16

j1nx Wrote:1TB/month! Believe me, it goes really fast.
I know exactly how much 1TB is Wink I just have to see how big MusicBrainz' responses are, and how many request will be fired against my server...

Quote:Are there any plans to update the Headphone code to make the musicbrainz URL a configurable option in the INI file/Settings page?
Unfortunately it seems like rembo10 abandoned this project, we'll first have to get into it (SleepyP is doing that at the moment if I am not mistaken). Unfortunately I really do not have enough free time at my hands to learn python + get into headphones at the moment...

- SleepyP - 2012-01-16

I am planning on getting into working on / reworking the MusicBrainz parts of Headphones. My first step was to setup my own local MusicBrainz server, which didn't at first appear to be that hard. However, the "install dependencies for me" process wasn't working very well for me, and then I found that my cronjobs have stoppped working, and I have been working on some other technical issues. Will be working on this further @ lunch time today Tongue

Henry, I'll try to test your server using Picard when I get a chance, since if I remember right it has a simple GUI-side setting for the MusicBrainz Server URL.

Anyone interested in looking at the Headphones code for changes to make the MusicBrainz URL a variable?

- DGMayor - 2012-01-17

HenryFord Wrote:Unfortunately it seems like rembo10 abandoned this project, we'll first have to get into it (SleepyP is doing that at the moment if I am not mistaken). Unfortunately I really do not have enough free time at my hands to learn python + get into headphones at the moment...

I don't think it's fair to say he's abandoned the project. His last update to the code was January 2nd, and if you look at the issues section on his repo, there's an exchange between Rembo10 and someone from musicbrainz as of a week ago.

Quote: rembo10 commented January 09, 2012
Done. Thanks Rob
Hide quoted text

On Jan 9, 2012, at 7:23 PM, Robert Kaye<[email protected]> wrote:

> Rembo: Hosting a mirror isn't as simple as it sounds. The sheer number of requests that we're handling for headphones right now requires more than just one server.
>
> Can you please mail me at rob at musicbrainz snot org? Lets chat about this and how you can use MusicBrainz most efficiently. We really want to make this work, but we should work out a proper solution to this together.
>
> Thanks!
>
> ---
> Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
> https://github.com/rembo10/headphones/issues/426#issuecomment-3418580

- Lucleonhart - 2012-01-17

Good news DGMayor! I'm getting mad setting up that server by myself...

Where do i edit the server for headphones? Looked through some of the python files but did not found it...

- j1nx - 2012-01-17

HenryFord Wrote:My server is up, seems to work so far.
It is accessible at:
http://tbueter.com:3000

Updated my Headphone hardcoded to your server. Works like a charm!

Will use it until Rembo10 comes up with a solution.

- HenryFord - 2012-01-17

DGMayor Wrote:I don't think it's fair to say he's abandoned the project. His last update to the code was January 2nd, and if you look at the issues section on his repo, there's an exchange between Rembo10 and someone from musicbrainz as of a week ago.
Yeah, you're right. He probably has not enough free-time to get rapid-developement going which is fully understandable. I didn't see the mentioned code-change inbefore and I also didn't look through the issues - thanks for pointing that out, seems like the project isn't dead afterall Smile

- Lucleonhart - 2012-01-17

lucleonhart Wrote:where do i edit the server for headphones? Looked through some of the python files but did not found it...
j1nx Wrote:updated my headphone hardcoded to your server. Works like a charm!
help! ^^