Kodi Community Forum
Headphones - Music albums & artists auto download program - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Headphones - Music albums & artists auto download program (/showthread.php?tid=103688)

- HenryFord - 2012-01-17

Lucleonhart Wrote:help! ^^
Just a wild guess into the blue:
It should reside in
headphones_root/lib/musicbrainz2/webservice.py

There you should find a class "class WebService(IWebService)" with an init-method. This init-method should define the musicbrainz-host + port (probably also the realm which is uninteresting because there is no auth on my server needed). Change it to the following:
host=tbueter.com
port=3000

Edit:
You might have noticed (my server-logs state it at least Wink ) that my win-build wasn't available for a brief moment due to update issues. They are resolved and it should work again. However: You won't have any luck with that version since it uses the hardcoded-musicbrainz-server at musicbrainz.org...

Edit2:
Well... it seems like my host just went down... Hope this has nothing to do with musicbrainz (although I HIGHLY doubt it), probably just an outtake at my Hoster.

And finally
Edit3:
Back online Smile

- j1nx - 2012-01-17

Lucleonhart Wrote:help! ^^

What HenryFord says!

Find that file within the LIB directory of headphones and change the URL and PORT.

It's that simple.

- Lucleonhart - 2012-01-17

Perrrrrrrrrfect!
Now the only thing i would like to do is completely disable the daily "search for news" cronjob. As long as we need to use own hosts / mirrors, i would like to start that search manually.

Any help where to disable this job completely?
lib/apscheduler looks right but this seems to be the cron library itself. The file where the cron is started hides itself from me... ^^

[EDIT:]
Ok, in headphones/__init__.py the is the scheduler section.
Code:
# Start our scheduled background tasks

SCHED.add_cron_job(updater.dbUpdate, hour=4, minute=0, second=0)
        SCHED.add_interval_job(searcher.searchforalbum, minutes=SEARCH_INTERVAL)
        SCHED.add_interval_job(librarysync.libraryScan, minutes=LIBRARYSCAN_INTERVAL)
        SCHED.add_interval_job(versioncheck.checkGithub, minutes=300)
        SCHED.add_interval_job(postprocessor.checkFolder, minutes=DOWNLOAD_SCAN_INTERVAL)
DBUpdate every 4 hours, searchforalbum ever 6 hours, libraryscan every 5 hours, github check every 5 hours, folderheck every 5 minutes.
Maybe just setting dbupdate / searchforalmbum / libraryscan to every week or so would be helpful?

- HenryFord - 2012-01-17

Lucleonhart Wrote:Maybe just setting dbupdate / searchforalmbum / libraryscan to every week or so would be helpful?
Probably... why don't you go ahead and test it? Smile

HenryFord Wrote:Probably... why don't you go ahead and test it? Smile
Already done Mr. Ford. ^^

- Euruproktos - 2012-01-17

First off thanks to all who have been working on Headphones. I just recently discovered it, having been using CoachPotato and Sickbeard for a while now--said discovery having given me the impetus to recover my old hard drive with, well a whole lot of music. As soon as I recovered my files and started running Headphones (3 days ago), I learned of the issue with musicbrainz.

For now, I've hooked up to HenryFords mirror and I'm very appreciative to him for letting us (namely me) access it. I've downloaded most of the stuff to get a VM version of the server up and running but I dont really know what I'm doing at all. But I'm good at reading direction and alright at following them.

I dont wanna crush HenryFords's, or anyone else for that matter's, bandwidth. While I'm trying to get a localized private version of the server up, I dont know how quickly I'll be able to.

Basically, I'm just asking HenryFord to tell me to stop if I'm using up all his internets. And thanks.

[signed up today over here. I run plex at my house because I was brainwashed by apple many years ago due my mother being a school teacher.]

- HenryFord - 2012-01-17

Euruproktos Wrote:Basically, I'm just asking HenryFord to tell me to stop if I'm using up all his internets. And thanks.

[signed up today over here. I run plex at my house because I was brainwashed by apple many years ago due my mother being a school teacher.]
Don't worry Smile As soon as I'm predicting to hit the bandwidth-limit, I'll let you know. For now it's all fine, I still have about 900GB of download available for this month...

Oh, and: Welcome to the forums Smile

Maybe you can enable some login for your server, so you can manage who is using all your Bandwith? ^_^
I am still looking into the same problems by getting up my own server, the dependencies just wont install and i am really frustrated by now...

So thanks again HenryFord, i am currently checking if everything works fine with Cronjobs running just once a week. Smile

- j1nx - 2012-01-18

Lucleonhart Wrote:Maybe you can enable some login for your server, so you can manage who is using all your Bandwith? ^_^
I am still looking into the same problems by getting up my own server, the dependencies just wont install and i am really frustrated by now...

So thanks again HenryFord, i am currently checking if everything works fine with Cronjobs running just once a week. Smile

Post the output to pastebin. We might be able to pin point the issue and help you to get back on track

- SleepyP - 2012-01-18

Yeah installing the MusicBrainz server on Ubuntu Server has proven to be a lot of work. I found that even though the "auto" install didn't work for the PERL modules, if you just run cpan in a terminal, you can then just do install Some::Module::Name to install the missing stuff reported by make. Conveniently you can just copy & paste the module names Smile
I am gonna work on getting PostgreSQL up & running on mine tonight since I am ALMOST done. I would have done some work on it at work today, but I was busy with actual work, for once Sad

- HenryFord - 2012-01-19

SleepyP Wrote:Yeah installing the MusicBrainz server on Ubuntu Server has proven to be a lot of work. I found that even though the "auto" install didn't work for the PERL modules, if you just run cpan in a terminal, you can then just do install Some::Module::Name to install the missing stuff reported by make. Conveniently you can just copy & paste the module names Smile
I am gonna work on getting PostgreSQL up & running on mine tonight since I am ALMOST done. I would have done some work on it at work today, but I was busy with actual work, for once Sad
Hehe, you could have just asked me Wink It is even easier - you can just run cpan -f Module::Name to install the module. However - prepare for a long, long, long time of importing - I choose to actually include the whole db-dump, around 2,5GB of data if I am not wrong. Only - it is a postgre-dump, so you will have around 2,5GB of pure SQL statements, that takes a LOOOOONG time to import - i ran the job for about 10hrs - despite having 4GB of memory allocated to the process...

- SleepyP - 2012-01-20

I'm seriously about to just say "screw it" and use your mirror. Work has been super crazy lately, and I just don't have the energy & time to work on getting my own mirror up and running when I don't really need to.

Started focusing on problems that are actually relevant.
Looks like the function "findArtist", located in headphones/headphones/mb.py handles the process of searching an "artist name" string against MusicBrainz and serving up the results. As a result, this function is on my list of things to go over / check.
You can find the code for that here:
https://github.com/rembo10/headphones/blob/master/headphones/mb.py

I also want to hunt down the code used to scan a directory and parse the "artist name" out to be scanned, because we should patch that part of the scan to look for a musicbrainz id in id3 tags and use that if possible. Will try to look at it tonight if I don't pass out.

- oneadvent - 2012-01-20

Just throwing out I can host a mirror if someone wants to set it up on a public server. I have one available that I am not using for anything else.

- arabuli - 2012-01-20

I created simple web app for Google Chrome to easily launch Headphones (it uses default port but download also contains manifest file so you can change it.)

Here is how it looks like: http://i.imgur.com/bTD61.jpg

Download: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/16448148/HTPC/Extensions/Headphones.zip

After download finishes simple drag and drop .crx file to Chrome

- lpallard - 2012-01-21

Any idea when the MusicBrainz database will be accessible again?? Im still adding artists and getting "None" for the albums..