Kodi Community Forum
Headphones - Music albums & artists auto download program - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Headphones - Music albums & artists auto download program (/showthread.php?tid=103688)

- kri kri - 2012-01-31

If I downloaded the Windows exe a long time ago and just update when it prompts me, am I on the latest version?

- HenryFord - 2012-01-31

kri kri Wrote:If I downloaded the Windows exe a long time ago and just update when it prompts me, am I on the latest version?
You should be - I compile it every other day. But to be sure I'll upload the current version tonight.

- kri kri - 2012-01-31

I just updated since it was a long time ago and it looks a lot different - I thought when it prompted you to install the latest updates it took care of everything?

- HenryFord - 2012-01-31

It does - but not if there is no new windows-version uploaded to my server, the update won't come up then... Wink

- kri kri - 2012-02-01

I am still confused, why do I need to download your build when headphones prompts me to install updates?

- TheFinale - 2012-02-01

So far I'm very impressed with Headphones.

I understand the MusicBrainz issues causing slowness, but a little patience is all that is needed.

I do have one feature request, I know it's been mentioned before in a form,
but I like to keep up to date with Chart music, and would love to see this regularly check for a specific chart (by input of a custom string?) and download, retag and check for duplicate files on a specific date?

eg. Search for "Official UK Top 40 Singles Chart %d %m %y" every Sunday.
or. Search for "VA Billboard Hot 100 %d %m %y" every Saturday.

- oneadvent - 2012-02-02

So is the 503 and the "there may not be any official releases in this release group" the same problem?

- HenryFord - 2012-02-03

jap

- Netizen - 2012-02-03

I'm having a really dense moment here - I've installed the windows exe version of HP, but can't find the /lib/ folder in order to edit the webservice.py file. My install went into C:\Program Files\headphones_win32build\ but there is no lib folder.

What really painfully obvious thing am I missing here? I promise I've scanned through the thread and found nothing!

- HenryFord - 2012-02-03

That is not possible with the compiled version - you cannot modify it.

- Netizen - 2012-02-03

Ah I see - knew there had to be a downside to taking the lazy option! Will there be a new version with the option to do this, or is it worth my time long-term to go the python install route?

- oneadvent - 2012-02-04

Is it time to block old Headphones yet? I really miss this working Sad

- rembo10 - 2012-02-11

Been doing a few things on my end, in the develop branch. Updated to the latest beets library, started moving over to the musicbrainz-ngs schema, jquerying up the config page finally....

But the most important thing I'm working on is getting rid of the damn 503 errors. Musicbrainz put a rate limit on headphones, so basically only 150 hits can get through every second. That seems like a lot, but we're really hammering their servers (my original code for requesting musicbrainz data isn't helping :-))

The quickest way I know to fix this would be if someone can set up a musicbrainz mirror. I know HenryFord set one up already, but he mentioned that it might be slow, and I was hoping to improve the preformance with a mirror (at least until musicbrainz changes a few things on their end to make data fetching easier).

So basically it would be a temporary workaround for a month or two, until everything is worked out between headphones & musicbrainz.

If anyone wants to volunteer for this, send me a PM so I can put in the new host details in the next update. If need be I can pay for hosting it

Thanks again for bearing with me on this ! :-)

Remy

- HenryFord - 2012-02-13

rembo10 Wrote:The quickest way I know to fix this would be if someone can set up a musicbrainz mirror. I know HenryFord set one up already, but he mentioned that it might be slow, and I was hoping to improve the preformance with a mirror (at least until musicbrainz changes a few things on their end to make data fetching easier).
Well - it might be, though Wink Currently there isn't anything really running on my server, so there is a lot of power left - so I would go with: Try it out - if I encounter problems I'll let you know.

- rembo10 - 2012-02-13

Thanks HenryFord. You are too much :-)

Just pushed up a version that lets you choose which mirror you want to use (so far just musicbrainz & tbueter) - but it also lets you use a local mirror if you want.

Also, there were some weird circular imports that were slowing things down - with the new server it's actually pretty speedy now!

Thanks again :-)